+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for IHM Degree from IGNOU and Marksheets from NCHMCT - Help

Ishan Maken

Nov 11, 2017
Hello Friends,

My name is Ishan Maken and I am contacting you in regards to the ECA for Hotel management degree done through IHM shimla under NCHMCT and got degree awarded through IGNOU in 2006. I want to get my ECA through IQAS but not sure of the process. I got my degree from IGNOU but my marksheets are from NCHMCT.
Has anyone faced this challenge and completed the process. If so your guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Best Regards

Ishan Maken

rahutan

Jan 14, 2018
Hi Ishan,
I am currently facing the same challenge. I have already recieved the transcripts from NCHMCT and have submitted it to WES. They now need a copy of my degree and Statement of Marks (University issued and attested). How did you complete this? I am really keen on recieving a response on this tread.

Regards,
Rahul

rachna21yadav

Jan 15, 2018
hi Ishan, Rahul,

any luck with NCHMCT? I have exactly the same case.. the worst part is not knowing who to contact to even ask a query.. If you were able to obtain ECA please do let me know how did u do it.. thanks a ton

rahutan

Jan 14, 2018
hi Ishan, Rahul,

any luck with NCHMCT? I have exactly the same case.. the worst part is not knowing who to contact to even ask a query.. If you were able to obtain ECA please do let me know how did u do it.. thanks a ton
Hello Rachna & Ishan,
I have got some of the answers. We need consolidated marksheets from IGNOU. The link ahead has the explanation I got from another member about what the consoliated marksheet is. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/documents-required-for-wes-eca.303874/page-7#post-6644788
For the purpose of better understanding I am listing them in steps.
1) Ask NCHMCT to send you the original mark-sheets.
2) Ask IGNOU to send you the original degree.
3) Take a photocopy of your original marksheets and degree and go to IGNOU to get the transcripts. They will provide the transcripts in a sealed envelope PLEASE DO NOT OPEN the envelope.
4) Go on WES website and create a profile. Put your university as IGNOU and the course as B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration exactly the same as that mentioned on the degree. Even the slightest deviation will result in resubmitting of the WES profile.
5) Pay the fees.
6) Put the sealed transcript’s envelope in a fresh envelope (2nd Envelope) and send this envelope to WES with your WES reference number to the address mentioned in Canada.
7) WES will take approx 20 working days to come back.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rahul

rachna21yadav

Jan 15, 2018
thanks a lot Rahul.. that was indeed very helpful. Could I please bother you with a few more questions..
1. do we need to get the original transcript and degree attested from IGNOU.. although I think they will only give a attested copy.. and I have only 1 consolidated marksheet from them which has marks for all semesters mentioned in it.
2. If you dont mind.. May I know if you got awarded points as a degree course or diploma since I heard IGNOU is not recognised by WES. Although I am planning to get ECA done through ICAS.. do you have any advise on this aspect?

thanks a lot
this has been so helpful.. i am glad that there are people who are willing to help others without any expectations.. :)

Reactions: NeetuSingh1807

rahutan

Jan 14, 2018
thanks a lot Rahul.. that was indeed very helpful. Could I please bother you with a few more questions..
1. do we need to get the original transcript and degree attested from IGNOU.. although I think they will only give a attested copy.. and I have only 1 consolidated marksheet from them which has marks for all semesters mentioned in it.
2. If you dont mind.. May I know if you got awarded points as a degree course or diploma since I heard IGNOU is not recognised by WES. Although I am planning to get ECA done through ICAS.. do you have any advise on this aspect?

thanks a lot
this has been so helpful.. i am glad that there are people who are willing to help others without any expectations.. :)
Hi Rachna,
The anwer your questions tonyour questions listed below
1) You can call this number 011 2957 2208 This is for IGNOU. The gentleman on the other end was very helpful. All you need to do is just take a photocopy of the degree and NCHMCT marksheets along with the filled form http://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Official Transcript form.pdf , a INR 1,000 DD and send it to the address mentioned on the form. He had mentioned the official transcript will have all the three year’s consolidated NCHMCT marks along with the IGNOU marks in it. They themselves offer to send it to WES. Make sure you have the WES ref number mentioned as a part of the address.
2) I still have to send my form to IGNOU to get my transcripts. With regards to IGNOU not being recognised is probably a false statement. Please also remember we have been only awarded a degree and not a diploma. If you have any update or information about IGNOU not being recognised by either WES or Canadian Immigration, please let me know.

Regards,
Rahul

rachna21yadav

Jan 15, 2018
Hi Rahul,

thanks for the above info.. even I will be sending my documents tomorrow. I read/heard that IGNOU takes about a month to forward the documents so lets see how it goes.. will definitely keep you informed.

Thanks
Rachna

Mar 7, 2018
Dear Rachna,

Were you successfully in getting the transcripts from IGNOU ? I am initiating this process and have not been able to speak to anyone at IGNOU yet. Me being in Dubai makes life more difficult to get the exact info on process. My concern primarily is to make sure that there is no change in the above process discussed in the forum, so that I can go ahaah and courier the documents.

Regards,
Mani (00971 566818376)

SM_India

Mar 28, 2018
Hi all
I am a passout of IHM Kolkata and had submitted the attested copies of my IGNOU consolidated transcript and degree certificate.
However, after a 20 day wait, I received a mail from WES stating that marksheet from NCHMCT is missing for 1 of the 3 years.

I had provided them only the consolidated mark-sheet (issued by IGNOU) which mentions the consolidated marks obtained from NCHMCT for each of the 3 years. I had not provided any marksheet from NCHMCT.

Now not sure about :
1. Logic of pointing out only 1 of the 3 years, especially since I have provided only a consolidated marksheet
2. Solution...

I have already written to them explaining that the marksheet & degree are issued by IGNOU and have already been provided and am waiting to hear back.

Has anyone else faced the same issue ?

Thanks
SM

Last edited:

RANA83

Apr 18, 2018
Hi all,
I am facing the exact same issue , I submitted my consolidated marksheets and degree certificate transcripts issued by IGNOU to ECA, however have been asked to provide NCHMCT marksheets too. When checked with IGNOU they stated all they provide is three years consolidated marksheets and degree certificate and was told the three year marksheet transcripts will be provided by a national council noida. I am also confused . I'm trying to get in touch with national council noida to get it done.

SM_India

Mar 28, 2018
Hi all,
I am facing the exact same issue , I submitted my consolidated marksheets and degree certificate transcripts issued by IGNOU to ECA, however have been asked to provide NCHMCT marksheets too. When checked with IGNOU they stated all they provide is three years consolidated marksheets and degree certificate and was told the three year marksheet transcripts will be provided by a national council noida. I am also confused . I'm trying to get in touch with national council noida to get it done.
Hi
Reach out to the college that you completed your graduation from and not National Council.
1. Can't National Council do it - Not sure, I found reaching out to the college easier
2. My college asked me to send the scanned copy of the mark sheets
3. They would complete the process and keep it ready
4. Charges - 500/- , to be paid at the time of collection
5. Yes, 'at the time of collection' - They will not courier it even if you are ready to bear the courier charges

So, waiting for the college to complete the process and then would send it to WES again.

Please do let me know in case you were able to reach out to National Council and the procedure as per them.

Best wishes
SM

Ishan Maken

Nov 11, 2017
Dear All,

I have received my ECA so am able to answer the questions. As I am staying outside of India, I used the services of mailtranscripts.com. I sent them all the photocopies (Each year marksheet of NCHMCT + Final consolidated marksheet of IGNOU + degree + ID copy + authority letter). You need to create a simple profile on their website and they will send you followup emails on what is required and when is required. You would need to create 2 requests (1 for IGNOU and 1 for NCHMCT). It will take 4-6 weeks to get the transcripts. They will send it directly to your ECA authority (I used IQAS).

Yes you need all the marksheets and the final marksheet from IGNOU for evaluation.

Hope this helps

Regards

Get123

Jun 28, 2018
Hi there....

So it means that WES doesn't recognize the IGNOU degree that we have done along with NCHMCT...

WHAT was the result of the assessment...does IQAS recognize our NCHMCT and ignou degree combined?

Please share your feedback as I am going to start my process... Hence I am bit confused how to go about it.

Regards
Smriti

Dear All,

I have received my ECA so am able to answer the questions. As I am staying outside of India, I used the services of mailtranscripts.com. I sent them all the photocopies (Each year marksheet of NCHMCT + Final consolidated marksheet of IGNOU + degree + ID copy + authority letter). You need to create a simple profile on their website and they will send you followup emails on what is required and when is required. You would need to create 2 requests (1 for IGNOU and 1 for NCHMCT). It will take 4-6 weeks to get the transcripts. They will send it directly to your ECA authority (I used IQAS).

Yes you need all the marksheets and the final marksheet from IGNOU for evaluation.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ishan Maken

Nov 11, 2017
Hi Smriti,

WES recognizes as well. I used IQAS, you may use WES. You can check other threads of people who have used WES to get feedback on process. But for sure they recognize.

Regards

Ishan