+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

PREEVIK

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Let me give you the first rule of corroboration, be it in the court room during cross examination or during an investigation:

As humans were do multiple things every day. If I ask anyone what they did a month ago and if the answer I get is flawless, with details, then there is a reason to be suspicious and this concludes that either the person is lying or has been tutored.

This is the same way how the IRCC phone call works. If your supervisor is asked about an employee, and he simply confirms that the employee works at the office, and performs x, y, z duties, that is sufficient. IRCC does not expect them to narrate the entire job duties. There may also be an instance where the supervisor does not even remember the employee by name, and may have to check his database to confirm, this is perfectly normal.

Now, if the supervisor narrates the exact things written in the reference letter, then there is a big red flag.

I got you got the crux of this.
You are right ... thanks
Fingers crossed ..

veer20

Dec 8, 2016
HI,
I applied visitor visa extension on 9th June, but no response yet. Kindly advise how long it may take to complete the process ?
My visitor visa will expire on 28th june, already applied for PR, waiting for the PPR. CEC INLAND
How can i contact the CIC to know about the status of my visitor visa application?

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this topic.

Thanks,

Reactions: Wenwa

tangguanzi

Nov 21, 2016
Hi, guys, how do we know which processing stage is our background check status in? i saw people said there are 2 steps for the BGC.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi, guys, how do we know which processing stage is our background check status in? i saw people said there are 2 steps for the BGC.
After your AOR, when you notice the first change in your BG it is IP1, it mostly is as, "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Then after few days it again changes to Not Applicable.
Then after 30-40 days on average it again changes to ,"in progress", this stage is referred as IP2 on forum. After this stage generally PPR is issued in 2-15 days, if all is good. So these are the 2 steps, hope it helped.

P.S- IP1 and IP2 are steps made by forum members to better understand which background check is being referred to, i.e the first one after AOR or the second one i.e just before PPR. CIC does not uses these terms.

tangguanzi

Nov 21, 2016
After your AOR, when you notice the first change in your BG it is IP1, it mostly is as, "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Then after few days it again changes to Not Applicable.
Then after 30-40 days on average it again changes to ,"in progress", this stage is referred as IP2 on forum. After this stage generally PPR is issued in 2-15 days, if all is good. So these are the 2 steps, hope it helped.

P.S- IP1 and IP2 are steps made by forum members to better understand which background check is being referred to, i.e the first one after AOR or the second one i.e just before PPR. CIC does not uses these terms.

thanks a lot, seems like mine is in IP2, my background check showing: we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more informarion. i would like to share my time line below (PNP Inland):

AOR: Feb 24, 2017
Medical passed: June 2
BGC IP2: Around June 15th
Final decision is in process. (don't know when it changed)

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
thanks a lot, seems like mine is in IP2, my background check showing: we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more informarion. i would like to share my time line below (PNP Inland):

AOR: Feb 24, 2017
Medical passed: June 2
BGC IP2: Around June 15th
Final decision is in process. (don't know when it changed)
Yes you are in IP2, congrats! PPR anytime now, All the very best.

doctor28

Mar 20, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Let me give you the first rule of corroboration, be it in the court room during cross examination or during an investigation:

As humans we do multiple things every day. If I ask anyone what they did a month ago and if the answer I get is flawless, with details, then there is a reason to be suspicious and this concludes that either the person is lying or has been tutored.

This is the same way how the IRCC phone call works. If your supervisor is asked about an employee, and he simply confirms that the employee works at the office, and performs x, y, z duties, that is sufficient. IRCC does not expect them to narrate the entire job duties. There may also be an instance where the supervisor does not even remember the employee by name, and may have to check his database to confirm, this is perfectly normal.

Now, if the supervisor narrates the exact things written in the reference letter, then there is a big red flag.

I hope you got the crux of this.
Any idea for how long the file stays under second review??

sri86v

Jun 5, 2017
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. I am seeing this same status form last 20 to 30 days I think so . what does it mean. Is it still going to take time for me. I am on CEC outland and Ottawa office . march 08 AOR and 24th medical pass. Still waiiiiiiiiiting

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible that some people get N/A twice for background check? I passed medicals on April 12th and didn't check my app until end of May. From May 30th to June 23rd it said "we are processing your background check, we will message...", and today it changed to N/A.

Not sure what that means...

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Anyone knows what is the PR application visa office for Qatar residence? is it UAE visa office or another one?
Qatar visa office doesn't process the PR applications.

sri86v

Jun 5, 2017
Is it possible that some people get N/A twice for background check? I passed medicals on April 12th and didn't check my app until end of May. From May 30th to June 23rd it said "we are processing your background check, we will message...", and today it changed to N/A.

Not sure what that means...
So u will get you PPR soon congrats in advance

johnjohny

Feb 10, 2017
Any one Know How long it takes to get GCMS notes>?
What is the details they give you in GCMS notes?

Any one got BOWP? I applied mine on 9th May.

Do i have to apply visitor Visa if my work permit expire on June 26 2017?