+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
I got my AOR on Feb 17th and received Passport call on Dec 19th - 10 months of waiting.

Sharing my experience here in case someone might find it helpful:
I was starting to believe that I will not get the passport call. While this was going on, I had some family emergency and therefore, I had to travel back to my home country (India) on Nov 27th. Thankfully my company allowed me to work online from home.

On Dec, 19th I got passport call to submit my passport to Canada within 30 days. Since Canada doesn't send back the passport outside of North America, I inquired with my lawyer and replied back to the same "passport request email" on Dec 21st to change the document submission office to one in India. The AutoResponse email said that it might take 20 days for a reply, however, despite weekends, 23rd and 24th and the Christmas holidays on 25th and 26th, I got a reply back on 27th allowing me to do so (they replied back in just 2 business days). They also gave me 30 days from the receipt of that email to submit all docs.

I traveled to Bengaluru, my nearest visa application center and gave all documents on Jan 3rd.
Today, Jan 11th, I collected my Passport along with Permanent Residence Confirmation Letter and Immigrant Visa.

I always had the choice to return to Canda to submit my documents, but my family situations did not really allow me to. I am just posting this in case if there is anyone who is going through this situation - letting them know that these options are also available/possible.

Now all that is left for me to do is enter Canada as a Permanent Resident.
(I had been in Canada as a student and as a worker for the past 6 years)

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
AOR feb 18th! Could you please add me to the group?

Ajishashokanv

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in February 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

There is already a watsapp group for February AOR - please leave a request (dont share number, just a request saying: add me to watsapp) and i will send you an invite link.

Good luck!
Hey add me on Wassup

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi @Calgary2014 How did you answer "" Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I currently work in US and have no intention of working in Iran at the moment
Hi, My husband received the same ADR and we also dont know what to answer for this question. He is also working in the US at the moment and has no intention of working in Iran.

Help please

Thank you

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Thanks a lot. What did you answer for the last question? I am currently working here on postgraduate work permit. I am not planning to go back!

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work? (I do not know how to answer this?!)

Hi, what did you answer for this question? My husband is iranian, he received the same ADR but has no intention of going back to Iran. Thank you

Nordic_Kuma

Feb 21, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
AOR on Feb 7th, 2017, still waiting after 13 months. The dependent applicant is stuck in SS from April 2017. Any guy who has similar experience got any updates?

Nordic_Kuma

Feb 21, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
AOR on Feb 7th, 2017, still waiting after 13 months. The dependent applicant is stuck in SS from April 2017. Any guy who has similar experience got any updates?
PPR, here it is, waited for 14+ month
Time line
AOR Feb07 2017
Med pass sometime in Mar 2017
SS start Apr 2017
PPR just received!

Good luck to ppl in this thread waiting for SS to clear

Reactions: Mthornt and mamgain

AspirantCanada123

Mar 15, 2018
I just got a request to upload the IMM 5475. The form looks straightforward enough, but I have a couple of questions

1. What's the "Name of Office where application was submitted" -> Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada?

2. Why did I get this form? I filled out the application myself, didn't use a lawyer or any representative. I did have my wife listed as a Designated Individual, so is this form merely a way to double check that?

3. Is this a standard request that many people get, or is this unusual? I searched the forum and only found a few responses.
Dear friend,
I am in the same situation as you were. I got a request to submit IMM5475. Could you please tell as what did you do.
In my case in express entry profile I listed my partner as designated individual but later while submitting POST ITA documentation I removed her and marked that section as ‘NO’.
Could you/someone please help with your suggestions as to what should I reply them.
Request experience members to all share some light on this.
Thanks in Advance!