+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
@ravijhols Okay! They have asked me to confirm for getting my post grad(MCA) assessed. They will anyhow do it. I just got to know that they have stopped assessing degrees from SMU from October 2018. Let me know if you get any leads, as we have the same case. Thanks!

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
@_gkm for sure. Will post it here if i have any other info. If not then i will be going ahead and dropping them a mail to assess my masters.

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Good Luck! I'm going to do the same.
Hi GKM, Same case here. To clear your first confusion, Yes you can create your EE profile based on just Masters. Now the question here is that if IQAS is giving you status as Masters or Two or more degree as Graduate. You may ask IQAS to clarify same.

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
Hi GKM, Same case here. To clear your first confusion, Yes you can create your EE profile based on just Masters. Now the question here is that if IQAS is giving you status as Masters or Two or more degree as Graduate. You may ask IQAS to clarify same.
Hi @maxhoney2001 , Thank you for your reply but it's too late. I have already asked them to assess my degree and they must have started the process now.

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
@_gkm I am going ahead and taking the chance to get only my masters assessed and hoping to get Canadian equivalent masters status; and then apply in the express entry pool. Lets see how it goes
@ravijhols Would request to share the status of your ECA regarding your MCA. What status was given to you finally by IQAS on same while not considering the Bachelors of SMU DE.

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
@ravijhols Would request to share the status of your ECA regarding your MCA. What status was given to you finally by IQAS on same while not considering the Bachelors of SMU DE.
Hi @maxhoney2001, I received by ECA and my Masters (MBA) has been recognised as Canada equivalent Masters. I had received mail from IQAS that they wont be able to assess my graduation degree which I cleared from SMU, but would be able to assess my masters which I had done from other institution. I told them to go ahead and assess my masters and thankfully they assessed it as Masters. I have checked with some that we can create express entry profile with the highest degree that one possess. So I have got my masters assessed and would now be creating the express entry profile

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Hi all,
New to this group....

Can someone guide me if IQAS evaluates 5 year integrated MCA from GNDU... and if it is assessed as a Masters equivalent in Canada?

dr.pinkesh

Apr 25, 2014
ForumsExpress Entry / Expression of Interest

About credential evaluation from Wes!

Unwatch Thread
  1. dr.pinkeshNewbie

#1Yesterday at 10:59 PM
    I have done my bachelor of physiotherapy from Sikkim manipal University of health,medical and techonology in 2009. Now a days many evaluation organisation does not evaluate Sikkim manipal University's degree. My question is when I enrolled in 2004 for my bachelors at that time University was running full time course and we had proper college and we studied full 4 years and half year internship and degree which we awarded is approved by UGC.
    Now recently I have done my Masters of Physiotherapy from Chaudhary Charan Singh University which fully recognised by evaluation organisations and it's in list of wes.I have done my masters in 2018 and I am waiting for my final degree though I have my provicinal pass certificate.
    My highest qualification is masters now and my bachelors degree when I awarded it is approved in India and for admission purpose any where in the world.
    My bachelors batch mates they are currently working in usa, Canada and many more countries with same bachelor's degree. They have done masters from abroad Universities and they got evaluation from wes.
    Why WES has double standard and bias opinion?? If someone do masters from English speaking country than it doesn't matter where your bachelor is from and is it recognised or not.

dr.pinkesh

Apr 25, 2014
I think they should assess it. As highest qual is not from SMU. MKU degree is also done through distance education?
I have done my bachelor from smu and masters from Chaudhary Charan Singh. Wes cancelled my application of master bcz I have bachelors from smu.

Jun 23, 2018
IQAS has stopped assessing SMU
ForumsExpress Entry / Expression of Interest

About credential evaluation from Wes!

Unwatch Thread
  1. dr.pinkeshNewbie

#1Yesterday at 10:59 PM
    I have done my bachelor of physiotherapy from Sikkim manipal University of health,medical and techonology in 2009. Now a days many evaluation organisation does not evaluate Sikkim manipal University's degree. My question is when I enrolled in 2004 for my bachelors at that time University was running full time course and we had proper college and we studied full 4 years and half year internship and degree which we awarded is approved by UGC.
    Now recently I have done my Masters of Physiotherapy from Chaudhary Charan Singh University which fully recognised by evaluation organisations and it's in list of wes.I have done my masters in 2018 and I am waiting for my final degree though I have my provicinal pass certificate.
    My highest qualification is masters now and my bachelors degree when I awarded it is approved in India and for admission purpose any where in the world.
    My bachelors batch mates they are currently working in usa, Canada and many more countries with same bachelor's degree. They have done masters from abroad Universities and they got evaluation from wes.
    Why WES has double standard and bias opinion?? If someone do masters from English speaking country than it doesn't matter where your bachelor is from and is it recognised or not.