+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Yeah I was also wondering the same!

so you say it’s your personal experience, did you get graduation and post graduation (from SCDL) both evaluated together from IQAS?
Or is it that you only got your highest qualification i.e SCDL evaluated?
Hi Jagjit,
I have done my SCDL PGDIT verified by IQAS (4 Months IQAS took) As we need the Highest Degree for Immigration purpose, It`s recommended to go for that, As more degree below that will increase your process time and extra cost for Transcript and International courier for the SAME RESULT of your highest degree equivalent to Canadian Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma or University Diploma.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hi Jagjit,
I have done my SCDL PGDIT verified by IQAS (4 Months IQAS took) As we need the Highest Degree for Immigration purpose, It`s recommended to go for that, As more degree below that will increase your process time and extra cost for Transcript and International courier for the SAME RESULT of your highest degree equivalent to Canadian Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma or University Diploma.
Thanks for confirming.

One last query, was your SCDL was a distance one stretched from 2 to 4 years? Like my Post Graduate Diploma is 2016-20 which is stretched up to 4 years so IQAS will still validate it as Post Graduation certificate or it will be as Graduate degree of 4 years?

If I don't send my normal Graduation(regular 3 years) and SCDL certificate (PG) then will they consider my SCDL one as a Post Graduate? If not then agaon I have to get ECA done from IQAS for Graduation degree then.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Thanks for confirming.

One last query, was your SCDL was a distance one stretched from 2 to 4 years? Like my Post Graduate Diploma is 2016-20 which is stretched up to 4 years so IQAS will still validate it as Post Graduation certificate or it will be as Graduate degree of 4 years?

If I don't send my normal Graduation(regular 3 years) and SCDL certificate (PG) then will they consider my SCDL one as a Post Graduate? If not then agaon I have to get ECA done from IQAS for Graduation degree then.
As per my understanding they should, as they validate degree which you have shown is within provided validity. Safer side go for both the degree and send them an email about this query, very rare chance to get reply but nothing wrong in give it a try.
Mine PGDIT was completed in 2 years.
what ever you do, please don't forget to update on forum, may be it will help number of new candidates. As this one going on since years :)

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
As per my understanding they should, as they validate degree which you have shown is within provided validity. Safer side go for both the degree and send them an email about this query, very rare chance to get reply but nothing wrong in give it a try.
Mine PGDIT was completed in 2 years.
what ever you do, please don't forget to update on forum, may be it will help number of new candidates. As this one going on since years :)
Ya sure, whatever happens I will update here.
Probably I will get both my degrees accessed.

nitinkp

Sep 15, 2020
Ok Guys here is the update 2020 Aug
IQAS is not evaluating SMU degrees and the application are getting rejected it is confirmed by SMU officials on email
I am in a process of ECA from ICAS since SMU officials clarify that ICAS is the only authority who is doing Canada ECA for SMU.
Now SMU has sent the transcripts to ICAS and its showing received in application updates.

So strong advice to all degree holders of SMU only go for ICAS even though the processing time of ICAS is but more as compared to others.
But it's better not to get rejected and lose money then getting ECA done a bit late
Hi Mr. Faheem,

Could you share your contact number or it'd be more appropriated if you call me on 7337086468.

I've checked all the pages (total 23) thoroughly in this forumbfor Transcription/ECA for the MBA (DL) from SMU and have approached almost everyone either by numbers or email addresses mentioned. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any response from anyone (most of the numbers mentioned are being used by others). Even if I got reply over mail then they have suggested to get in touch with the people who are either processing or have recently processed as they've gone thru years back.

Thank god, at last at the page 22 I found you, who explained well with the latest information, hence kindly help me in this regard to proceed further.

Expecting your reply soon.

Regards,
Nitin
M: 7337086468
E: nitinkp@outlook.com

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
I would like to update and congratulate to all the people who have done MBA from SMU and trying ECA for Canada immigration you will get Master's report now its confirmed.
Since I have received my ECA report electronic copy from ICAS and its clearly mentioned that the competitive level in Canada is master of business administration.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
I would like to update and congratulate to all the people who have done MBA from SMU and trying ECA for Canada immigration you will get Master's report now its confirmed.
Since I have received my ECA report electronic copy from ICAS and its clearly mentioned that the competitive level in Canada is master of business administration.

Congratulation [B][COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]SaadFaheem [/COLOR]:)[/B]
What procedure you opted for the Electronic copy for ECA ?
Does SMU sent transcript via their official email address ? or some other mode of communication?

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
In every case you receive soft copy by email and hard copy
In the immigration process only file number is required so I came to know that if I receive my hard copy in Canada it will save another 40-50$
So I did the same.
Yes smu send both email and courier to ICAS

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018

engr_123

May 22, 2022
Hi....I got my SMU MBA degree evaluated by IQAS as Masters in sept 2018. As i am about to complete 5 years this year. I have to get it assessed again. Will they not my evaluate my degree like before.... any info in this regard will be highly appreciated.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi....I got my SMU MBA degree evaluated by IQAS as Masters in sept 2018. As i am about to complete 5 years this year. I have to get it assessed again. Will they not my evaluate my degree like before.... any info in this regard will be highly appreciated.
I think, you need re-apply for evolution. IQAS does not renew the report for immigration.