+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
IQAS has recognized my degree from SMU MBA Distance completed in 2015 in their ECA. I got a soft copy of ECA in an email a day back. Though they didnt mention any Fedex Courier service number, they mentioned that Ill receive it the ECA courier soon.
Hello Ganesh

I just need to know you have done the process for Canada ECA only for your SMU's MBA or you have put Bachelors as well in the process. Please advice I have MBA from SMU and Bachelors from University of Delhi

sudy

Dec 25, 2017
Hi,

I have an MBA Degree from Sikkim Manipal University in academic year 2013-2015. WES and CES doesn't recognize degree from Sikkim Manipal. Did any one get positive report for SMU from IQAS ? I know ICAS does recognize but it takes around 25 weeks.
I got mine done in 2018 through IQAS. I have a PGDCA degree from SMU DE.

sudy

Dec 25, 2017
Hello Ganesh

I just need to know you have done the process for Canada ECA only for your SMU's MBA or you have put Bachelors as well in the process. Please advice I have MBA from SMU and Bachelors from University of Delhi
I had BCA from Saurashtra University and PGDCA from SMU (Distance Edu). Had both verified through IQAS. Chose IQAS since they recognize SMU. This was in Dec 2017-March 2018.

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
I had BCA from Saurashtra University and PGDCA from SMU (Distance Edu). Had both verified through IQAS. Chose IQAS since they recognize SMU. This was in Dec 2017-March 2018.
Thanks Sudy

While having MBA in IQAS process is it necessary to include Bachelors like WES ask for bachelors degree from MBA holders?
Any idea?

JLachungpa

Jun 23, 2020
Hello Seniors

I have Bachelors degree(BscIT) from SMU DE and Masters (MCA) from IP University regular. Kindly suggest if I should send both transcripts to IQAS for evaluation or only Masters transcript will get the job done? Need your advice on this. Hope to get your response soon

Thanks

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Hello..
I am in process of evaluating my MBA from SMU. It's confirmed from university and ICAS that ICAS is doing the evaluation.
Since IQAS is showing the university in their drop down but there are many case in which applications got cancel. So I didn't take risk and after getting confirmation from SMU support I continue with ICAS.

Best of luck

Reactions: JLachungpa

JLachungpa

Jun 23, 2020
Hello..
I am in process of evaluating my MBA from SMU. It's confirmed from university and ICAS that ICAS is doing the evaluation.
Since IQAS is showing the university in their drop down but there are many case in which applications got cancel. So I didn't take risk and after getting confirmation from SMU support I continue with ICAS.

Best of luck
I am planning on sending my masters transcript only to IQAS

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Ok Guys here is the update 2020 Aug
IQAS is not evaluating SMU degrees and the application are getting rejected it is confirmed by SMU officials on email
I am in a process of ECA from ICAS since SMU officials clarify that ICAS is the only authority who is doing Canada ECA for SMU.
Now SMU has sent the transcripts to ICAS and its showing received in application updates.

So strong advice to all degree holders of SMU only go for ICAS even though the processing time of ICAS is but more as compared to others.
But it's better not to get rejected and lose money then getting ECA done a bit late

Reactions: nitinkp

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Can anyone help me whether my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from SCDL (Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning) will be rejected by ICAS??

SCDL is AICTE approved.
Which will be better for assessment, WES or ICAS that will be recognize it as my Post Graduation??

Has anyone got his SCDL degree assessed for Canada Immigration?

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Can anyone help me whether my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from SCDL (Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning) will be rejected by ICAS??

SCDL is AICTE approved.
Which will be better for assessment, WES or ICAS that will be recognize it as my Post Graduation??

Has anyone got his SCDL degree assessed for Canada Immigration?

I can say fro sure IQAS will validate it as per personal experience.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I can say fro sure IQAS will validate it as per personal experience.
Yeah I was also wondering the same!

so you say it’s your personal experience, did you get graduation and post graduation (from SCDL) both evaluated together from IQAS?
Or is it that you only got your highest qualification i.e SCDL evaluated?