+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

ajinforyou

Jan 2, 2019
hello All,

Can somebody help on this!
I have done MBA from Sikkim Manipal University distance education (2014-2016). Can you please recommend me which to proceed with ICAS or IQAS for ECA assessment for positive results?
Please respond.

TIA

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
hello All,

Can somebody help on this!
I have done MBA from Sikkim Manipal University distance education (2014-2016). Can you please recommend me which to proceed with ICAS or IQAS for ECA assessment for positive results?
Please respond.

TIA
There are lot of rejections from IQAS lately for distance education degrees. I personally faced the situation and had to cancel. Got the refund from IQAS and applied to ICAS. Just hoping for a positive assessment this time.

My suggestion is not to waste ur time on IQAS and just proceed with ICAS. They take around 5 months but atleast you can hope for a positive response.

ajinforyou

Jan 2, 2019
ok..Thanks for the reply
There are lot of rejections from IQAS lately for distance education degrees. I personally faced the situation and had to cancel. Got the refund from IQAS and applied to ICAS. Just hoping for a positive assessment this time.

My suggestion is not to waste ur time on IQAS and just proceed with ICAS. They take around 5 months but atleast you can hope for a positive response.

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018

Hi,

Is this problem with having Distance education from SMU only or problem with distance education from all the universities ?

Samtad29

Jan 25, 2019

I just received a reply from iqas and they have rejected my application. They no longer validate smu degrees

Samtad29

Jan 25, 2019

I felt the same when I had applied to IQAS... Hoping to get the positive reply... But was heartily disappointed.... It has only been since October or November 2018 that iqas has started rejecting applications from student studying from SMU.... I was in mid process when this happened.... What to do if the same happens from Icas as well...

Sep 14, 2015
I felt the same when I had applied to IQAS... Hoping to get the positive reply... But was heartily disappointed.... It has only been since October or November 2018 that iqas has started rejecting applications from student studying from SMU.... I was in mid process when this happened.... What to do if the same happens from Icas as well...
Hi Samtad29, What was their reply ? Did they deny straight forward ? Was it Bacholers or masters for you from SMU ?

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
Hi All,

I too got my assessment rejected from IQAS. However, it is my graduation degree from SMU. So, they have asked me to confirm for getting my post graduation degree assessed from them or cancel it. Please advise what should I do? Shall I get my post grad degree assessed from them? Can I apply for immigration on the basis of post grad assessment?

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
-gkm that's exactly my case and I have to revert to them by 4th feb. Need answer whether only post graduation degree assessment is enough for express entry profile creation.

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
@ravijhols I have to revert them by 6th Feb. I have inquired about the same from friends who are applying through agents. They said that now ICAS is doing and it too takes 6 months time. Also, one of them said that you can apply through only post grad degree. The other one said you have to get both of them assessed. I'm confused now. I hope anybody here could help both of us.

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
@_gkm same confusion has been encountered by me. I just hope that they assess my masters and give me canadian equivalent masters status and that can be used by me in the express pool entry.

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
@_gkm they have mentioned in the mail that they can assess my other credentials (MBA) that I have submitted. I have reverted on that mail and have asked them that will they certainly assess my masters or not. Awaiting revert from them.