+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrimination possible in Warsaw Processing Office?

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Would not purchase any tickets until you know you have COPR unless the ticket is refundable.
It’s for me, I’m Canadian. Husband is waiting for visa…
Last week we got a Request letter that said the officer does not believe I will be going back to Canada for sure and that our marriage is not genuine. So I gathered all the documents (photos, dialogues, my reasons why I stayed in Russia) and also though about buying a ticket to show that I will actually go.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Last week we got a Request letter that said the officer does not believe I will be going back to Canada for sure and that our marriage is not genuine. So I gathered all the documents (photos, dialogues, my reasons why I stayed in Russia) and also though about buying a ticket to show that I will actually go.
You will likely need more proof than a ticket to prove you will be relocating to Canada permanently. If you’ve given notice for jobs or housing in Russia, secured housing or proof that you’re looking for housing in Canada, proof that you’ve given notice for a job in Russia or secured a job in Canada, public announcements and correspondence with family about your plans to permanently move to Canada would be proof etc. You likely need a combination of multiple things to provide enough proof. Once you have returned to Canada you should also notify IRCC.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
You will likely need more proof than a ticket to prove you will be relocating to Canada permanently. If you’ve given notice for jobs or housing in Russia, secured housing or proof that you’re looking for housing in Canada, proof that you’ve given notice for a job in Russia or secured a job in Canada, public announcements and correspondence with family about your plans to permanently move to Canada would be proof etc. You likely need a combination of multiple things to provide enough proof. Once you have returned to Canada you should also notify IRCC.
i have all that, job offer, my mother’s house that we will live in. I wanted to finish it off with a ticket

Reactions: canuck78

MrJackpots

Jun 6, 2022
I appreciate all the thoughtful replies in this thread, especially from Armoured. A quick update regarding myself and perhaps other facing a similar situation: me and my wife will stay in Serbia from December until early Spring at the minimum. Background & Eligibility for wife has still not been started (Medical done in March). We will soon be applying for a TRV for my wife before she leaves Russia - our child will soon receive his Russian passport and a Citizenship Application will be filed for him in the Canadian Embassy in Moscow. In Serbia, we will do an LTV (temporary Canadian passport) for him.

If anyone can believe it, a police man came at night to my wife's apartment and handed her a military summons (she worked as a school teacher?!). Thank God almighty her mother was there to help and went to the military office in the morning to confirm that it was all a mistake. We will be using this as part of our evidence in the TRV application. We will stress in the Visa application that for compassionate/humanitarian reasons, that it be approved so that our family will be reunited without this constant looming threat. Hopefully they are not so heartless.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If anyone can believe it, a police man came at night to my wife's apartment and handed her a military summons (she worked as a school teacher?!). Thank God almighty her mother was there to help and went to the military office in the morning to confirm that it was all a mistake. We will be using this as part of our evidence in the TRV application. We will stress in the Visa application that for compassionate/humanitarian reasons, that it be approved so that our family will be reunited without this constant looming threat. Hopefully they are not so heartless.
I can believe it. A friend of a friend's daughter who's asked me questions from time to time - last heard from six months or so ago - popped up last week with more questions. Hasn't done any of the stuff I gave her info about and told to start right away. Draft board showed up at their flat last night and ow they're freaking.

Get out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I can believe it. A friend of a friend's daughter who's asked me questions from time to time - last heard from six months or so ago - popped up last week with more questions. Hasn't done any of the stuff I gave her info about and told to start right away. Draft board showed up at their flat last night and ow they're freaking.

Get out.
Wow.

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Did you get this before getting sponsor approval? I’m relatively in same case where I’m staying in Russia..

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
I appreciate all the thoughtful replies in this thread, especially from Armoured. A quick update regarding myself and perhaps other facing a similar situation: me and my wife will stay in Serbia from December until early Spring at the minimum. Background & Eligibility for wife has still not been started (Medical done in March). We will soon be applying for a TRV for my wife before she leaves Russia - our child will soon receive his Russian passport and a Citizenship Application will be filed for him in the Canadian Embassy in Moscow. In Serbia, we will do an LTV (temporary Canadian passport) for him.

drafts Come in waves. Currently, those getting poveska are mostly done to collect information from citizens. Many actually mean nothing, and require individuals to go to office and hand their information over. Don’t panic