+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrimination possible in Warsaw Processing Office?

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Really hope so!
Thank you guys, this forum really helps not to go crazy :p

Also question, since we are sending files online, shall i organize photos on like a word file and write down who is on a photo and when was this photo taken?

Sorry for the delay. I am currently in Iran. The internet is down most of the time.

Yes, yes! Send as many as you can. I know they get anal about not being sent too many, but eff them! If they're raising their suspicions on your marriage, defend yourself at all cost.

Do as Armour said. Good luck!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Update, apparently Canada has now upgraded its warnings to citizens to leave Russia:
https://www.moscowtimes.ru/2022/09/29/10-stran-rekomendovali-svoim-grazhdanam-pokinut-rossiyu-a24846

sorry, in Russian, but sure anyone interested can track down the official Canadian government consular warning. Note, very important - if you're affected - to see if the warning page says anything about family members of citizens or PRs. And then to use that and refer to it in correspondence with eg MPs or Minister's offices, etc.

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Update, apparently Canada has now upgraded its warnings to citizens to leave Russia:
https://www.moscowtimes.ru/2022/09/29/10-stran-rekomendovali-svoim-grazhdanam-pokinut-rossiyu-a24846

sorry, in Russian, but sure anyone interested can track down the official Canadian government consular warning. Note, very important - if you're affected - to see if the warning page says anything about family members of citizens or PRs. And then to use that and refer to it in correspondence with eg MPs or Minister's offices, etc.
what does this change for spousal applications?

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
I don't want to stir any controversy, but I am trying to get my Russian spouse out of Russia as quickly as possible considering the hell it's becoming, and that our first child was just born there. Our Spousal Sponsorship application was submitted in August of 2021 and since April, my wife's eligibility and background check are not started yet (post-medical exam). We are aware that Poland's relations with Russia are extremely negative and I am worried that this may affect her file getting delayed in some way. I am curious if anyone can offer any insight if in PR application discrimination can occur on the basis of nationality.
can you provide information on how you know your application is being processed in Poland? good luck brother, also waiting in Russia.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what does this change for spousal applications?
It does not formally change anything. It gives you a reason (additional) to inquire through your MP about processing for family member of a Canadian citizen (esp if children involved). While govt is not going to change the process, they can - at times - be logical about wanting to avoid consular cases.

While MP cannot formally 'intervene', sometimes them inquiring can encourage things along.

Note: as govt will state many times, they cannot do much in cases of dual citizenship - e.g. if a Cdn/Rus citizen is drafted or otherwise held by police, they can only provide consular assistance to extent Russian authorities show goodwill.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can you provide information on how you know your application is being processed in Poland? good luck brother, also waiting in Russia.
For a while now (years) family cases for Russian nationals have all gone through Warsaw. Also some other countries - most of Central Asia, I think - but I don't know which exact ones.

(For them this is efficient as many docs in Russian and civil systems eg marriage registries, notaries all somewhat similar, and some knowledge of Russian for at least some local staff)

Ironically for years the Ukrainian spousal apps were done out of London but simple need for visa/consular support closer to UA means Warsaw pickng up the bulk of extra work - I guess.

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
It does not formally change anything. It gives you a reason (additional) to inquire through your MP about processing for family member of a Canadian citizen (esp if children involved). While govt is not going to change the process, they can - at times - be logical about wanting to avoid consular cases.

While MP cannot formally 'intervene', sometimes them inquiring can encourage things along.

Note: as govt will state many times, they cannot do much in cases of dual citizenship - e.g. if a Cdn/Rus citizen is drafted or otherwise held by police, they can only provide consular assistance to extent Russian authorities show goodwill.
Sorry, do you mean I can contact MP to try to process the application “faster” or more understanding? Contact them in regards for hope of what?

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
For a while now (years) family cases for Russian nationals have all gone through Warsaw. Also some other countries - most of Central Asia, I think - but I don't know which exact ones.

(For them this is efficient as many docs in Russian and civil systems eg marriage registries, notaries all somewhat similar, and some knowledge of Russian for at least some local staff)

Ironically for years the Ukrainian spousal apps were done out of London but simple need for visa/consular support closer to UA means Warsaw pickng up the bulk of extra work - I guess.
Which basically confirms that most Russian cases won’t be completed in a year?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry, do you mean I can contact MP to try to process the application “faster” or more understanding? Contact them in regards for hope of what?
You can inquire about your case. If you express your concern given circumstances, there is a chance will help. No guarantee.

Also depends whether in fact yoru file has taken longer than usual.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I’m about to buy my ticket for mid December and I’m so anxious that the decision might not come until then and I won’t see my husband for extra months :oops:
Is we send all the documents required next week, so u guys thing they might finish our case in 1.5-2 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m about to buy my ticket for mid December and I’m so anxious that the decision might not come until then and I won’t see my husband for extra months :oops:
Is we send all the documents required next week, so u guys thing they might finish our case in 1.5-2 months?
Would not purchase any tickets until you know you have COPR unless the ticket is refundable. The fact that you were asked for more relationship proof means there are no guarantees when it comes to processing time unfortunately. You can try for a TRV but that may also take quite a while to process.