+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrimination possible in Warsaw Processing Office?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I appreciate all the thoughtful replies in this thread, especially from Armoured. A quick update regarding myself and perhaps other facing a similar situation: me and my wife will stay in Serbia from December until early Spring at the minimum. Background & Eligibility for wife has still not been started (Medical done in March). We will soon be applying for a TRV for my wife before she leaves Russia - our child will soon receive his Russian passport and a Citizenship Application will be filed for him in the Canadian Embassy in Moscow. In Serbia, we will do an LTV (temporary Canadian passport) for him.

If anyone can believe it, a police man came at night to my wife's apartment and handed her a military summons (she worked as a school teacher?!). Thank God almighty her mother was there to help and went to the military office in the morning to confirm that it was all a mistake. We will be using this as part of our evidence in the TRV application. We will stress in the Visa application that for compassionate/humanitarian reasons, that it be approved so that our family will be reunited without this constant looming threat. Hopefully they are not so heartless.
If you’re able to go to Serbia in December why are you delaying? You should move to Serbia now. If your wife was mistakenly called up to fight but then you stayed in Russia and it was clarified that she wasn’t drafted the situation has much less of an impact. If the argument was that she was drafted and she is unsafe you should be leaving Russia asap.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have not very encouraging news, in that have now heard of a couple stories of Russian citizens outside of Russia - people with permanent residency status in 'friendly' countries (EU), trying to get visas to Canada - and being refused even the possiblity to submit. These were things like short-term work or internships and not just TRV for a tourist trip.

Now, I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) they would not apply any blanket policy like this to family members of Canadian citizens/PRs, but it seems clear to me this is more than just hold-ups in warsaw or somewhere else, and that they are implementing some kind of pause or policy that's restrictive for Russian passport holders.

While again, doubt this would directly apply for family member visas/spousal, it doesn't bode well for things like TRVs, nor possibly for getting fast processing.

[Very much hope I'm wrong and hate to be bearer of bad tidings]

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have not very encouraging news, in that have now heard of a couple stories of Russian citizens outside of Russia - people with permanent residency status in 'friendly' countries (EU), trying to get visas to Canada - and being refused even the possiblity to submit. These were things like short-term work or internships and not just TRV for a tourist trip.

Now, I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) they would not apply any blanket policy like this to family members of Canadian citizens/PRs, but it seems clear to me this is more than just hold-ups in warsaw or somewhere else, and that they are implementing some kind of pause or policy that's restrictive for Russian passport holders.

While again, doubt this would directly apply for family member visas/spousal, it doesn't bode well for things like TRVs, nor possibly for getting fast processing.

[Very much hope I'm wrong and hate to be bearer of bad tidings]
So you're saying the online form didn't allow them to submit the application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So you're saying the online form didn't allow them to submit the application?
I do not know details unfortunately - this was an internship/'stage' with a specialized Euro educational institution that (apparently) makes arrangements directly somehow (I think has a local institution). So details were scarce but I believe it was a direct contact to consular section. Other case was also second-hand (in circumstances where wouldn't be appropriate to ask for more detail).

Another detail was the same institution also routinely arranges these for USA and same situation. (Have been hearing more stories about USA issues for visas for Russians from anywhere in world too)

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Our TRV was rejected for standard reasons - not enough ties to home country, etc. This was expected, but I had hoped they would be more sympathetic to people against the Russian government who want to get out. I guess not.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Our TRV was rejected for standard reasons - not enough ties to home country, etc. This was expected, but I had hoped they would be more sympathetic to people against the Russian government who want to get out. I guess not.
Omg:(
Try again?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Omg:(
Try again?
This was our second TRV denial in a row - so zero chance they will grant it now if we apply again.

She actually had a TRV before and has been in Canada dozens of times.. it just expired because her passport expired.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
This was our second TRV denial in a row - so zero chance they will grant it now if we apply again.

She actually had a TRV before and has been in Canada dozens of times.. it just expired because her passport expired.
omg so sorry to hear about that :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately would make sense why most Russian TRV applications will be denied at the moment. Canada can’t deal with the current population of arrivals from Roxham road, applications at legal borders (land and air), 20k+ arrivals from Afghanistan with a planned 20k more and 100-200k+ Ukranians plus 300k more who have applied Canada is aware that most leaving Russia at the moment don’t want to return. If you can secure a high skilled job you would have a much better chance of approval. Canada is much more willing to accept people if they know they will come in and work and be financially self-sufficient versus apply for asylum. There is always applying for PR which is not an immediate solution but if looking for somewhere longterm that is an option.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
uploaded docs on Oct 13 via rep via gcke. Gckey says "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded " but the new pr portal doesn't say anything yet. is it ok? today is 30 days since their inquiry for additional dosc..

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
uploaded docs on Oct 13 via rep via gcke. Gckey says "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded " but the new pr portal doesn't say anything yet. is it ok? today is 30 days since their inquiry for additional dosc..
You can always notify the visa office by email that you’ve uploaded the requested docs.
Hopefully that gets it rolling to next steps in processing.
Unfortunately due to geopolitics alot of people everywhere are suffering the brunt of govt policies.
I do feel that Canada should give priority to family sponsorship over refugees. Can we bring whole countries here and support em all? No, but we should bring those who have a support system like spouses and family…..
Afghanistan has a govt now, let the people live and fix their country, how can canada take care of them all? What if WW3 starts? Canada will take in everyone?
Inflation is extremely high, canadian families are struggling while govt prioritise refugees. Seriously messed up

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
You can always notify the visa office by email that you’ve uploaded the requested docs.
Unfortunately due to geopolitics alot of people everywhere are suffering the brunt of govt policies.
I do feel that Canada should give priority to family sponsorship over refugees. Can we bring whole countries here and support em all? No, but we should bring those who have a support system like spouses and family…..
Afghanistan has a govt now, let the people live and fix their country, how can canada take care of them all? What if WW3 starts? Canada will take in everyone?
Inflation is extremely high, canadian families are struggling while govt prioritise refugees. Seriously messed up
I wrote my mp as she asked me to do right after submission of the docs, waiting waiting waiting again o_O
I’m getting so drunk once it’s all over, omg!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada does prioritize sponsorship of spouses and dependent children. There are so many groups that seem to be a priority at the moment that I don’t know how any can really be true priorities. Allowing sponsorship of extended families doesn’t necessarily mean that extended families will be supported financially or supported in general by their family in Canada. The majority of the people we are accepting from Afghanistan worked for or with Canada making them a target of the Taliban. On a positive note that also means that Canada is accepting at least one family member who is fluent in French or English and most families have at least one well educated family member which should lead to transition to financial self-sufficiency relatively quickly versus other refugee populations. It isn’t the same as asylum programs like Canada did in Syria for example where we accepted many families, without English/French speakers, many very large families, many who had minimal education, se,e Ted many who had medical needs or disabilities, etc. which would make integration and financial self-sufficiency much harder. Canada still has an ageing population so no matter what we need to accept young people/families. Agree that Canada can’t accept an unlimited number of people especially seniors given our healthcare crisis, our ageing population and the difficulty an older population has with integration.