+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

different stages in background check

Ivan Duhok

Mar 12, 2018
I Applied for Spousal Sponsorship and my current status is saying :

"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Can anyone please tell me what stage am in and how long will I have to wait?
Hi Mark,

Acually, nobody knows how exactly it takes when they are checking the background because the cases are different though mine took one month and a half in that level of the process as I got my PR in . I advice you to check your email everyday beacuse if they need additional documents from you they will request them in this level of the process and be patient.

All the best

Reactions: talentdziva
Oct 28, 2018
prince george, BC, canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Prince George
NOC Code......
Hello friends
Anybody let me know how the express entry pnp works??
Its showing my status “in process “ after 2 months now. What are the next stages of the status and how you get your pnp? By mail or online? And after that i have to upload it in CIC account or pnp will do it automatically?? Please if anyone know than let me know as soon as possible.. thank you

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi

BG and medical status and its meaning post-AOR Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission. BG: Not Applicable (NA1) Medical passed – (MEP) BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here. BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here. BG: In Progress (IP2) – BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come PPR: Passport Request CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence So it is in below order AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status. MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks. IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office. NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2. PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this. ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.
Hii
I called cic today they said all my checks are done but only security is processing right now ?! How long would it take from here to go into final review ?!
Thanks

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hii
I called cic today they said all my checks are done but only security is processing right now ?! How long would it take from here to go into final review ?!
Thanks
I had exactly the same answer and after the call I called them again three weeks later and my application was approved. Right now I'm waitong for PPR

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I had exactly the same answer and after the call I called them again three weeks later and my application was approved. Right now I'm waitong for PPR
Hii
Please share your timeline!! Thanks
Mine is :-
File Recieved: 14 Nov 2017
AOR : 12 Jan 2018
Med Req: May 2018
Its been 17 months and hoping to get ppr before June lets see still in security check !

Reactions: KKK.f

Nancy trika 786

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hii
Please share your timeline!! Thanks
Mine is :-
File Recieved: 14 Nov 2017
AOR : 12 Jan 2018
Med Req: May 2018
Its been 17 months and hoping to get ppr before June lets see still in security check !
have you got passport request or not?

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hii guys,
I recieved my ppr today and decision made too. I am sharing my timeline
OINP Applicant
14 November 2017 :FIle Recieved
11 January2018: AOR
3 May 2018:Medical passed
July 2018: Pre arrival
24 April: DM and Ppr sametime
Hang in there keep patience. It will be there in your email next morning you wake up. All my days I was hopeless but Praise the god.

Reactions: NelsonR

Nancy trika 786

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hii guys,
I recieved my ppr today and decision made too. I am sharing my timeline
OINP Applicant
14 November 2017 :FIle Recieved
11 January2018: AOR
3 May 2018:Medical passed
July 2018: Pre arrival
24 April: DM and Ppr sametime
Hang in there keep patience. It will be there in your email next morning you wake up. All my days I was hopeless but Praise the god.
Congrats

Reactions: Kim1

laila03

Apr 24, 2019
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
CIC gives update on status of application through the phone? I'm trying to get an update on my application. My status online continue to say medical results received but doesn't mention if I pass or not. I applied spousal sponsorship. Medical results was requested by in January and CIC indicated they received it on January 17. Til now, no update at all. Almost 8 months now in total or about 5 months after medical, and still nothing.

Hi ,

I applied for PNP PR, got APR on oct 2017, now the status says “in process”, when I asked CIC , they said BGC stage 1 completed and stage 2 will be started soon , can anyone tell me when can I expect my PPR