+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You think if the officer is having a good day or bad day its returned? I hope I am reading this incorrectly.
It was tongue in cheek. What I mean, I have seen applications returned for missing the N/A or abbreviating the province and other times it was processed as normal - so that's why I made the comment.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Now this is making me worried. Is this going to be a concern. Like i really can’t figure out. I just forgot writing NA in the document checklist, but in the further application forms there were a couple of questions related to children and additional dependant accompanying in the application where we have hit a no and mentioned we do not have children. I don’t know. I just feel i should stop the courier, correct that info then pack it again and then send. The worst thing is spousal sponsorship is a paper application not online.
I agree, it's time to move these applications online and I'm sure that it would make the process easier for agents as well.

On a side note, my husband may be going to work in Qatar... the family sponsorship application is not even one full page for me to join him as an expat. Yes, there are some additional documents required, but my mind was blown.

Reactions: isostar

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello,

can anyone tell me if it's an issue if two of my forms aren't the updated ones? Imm0008 got updated in 06/2020 and imm5406 in 08/2020.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello,

can anyone tell me if it's an issue if two of my forms aren't the updated ones? Imm0008 got updated in 06/2020 and imm5406 in 08/2020.
Applications have been returned for this, but it's really hard to say what a particular agent will do. There really should be an announcement when they update particular forms because it does definitely take time to gather information and fill these out. Hoping for the best for you! :)

Reactions: kittenlover

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Applications have been returned for this, but it's really hard to say what a particular agent will do. There really should be an announcement when they update particular forms because it does definitely take time to gather information and fill these out. Hoping for the best for you! :)
Thank you. I haven't sent my forms yet. I'd read someone had sent older forms and I just checked mine to make sure and they weren't updated. Also, can anyone let me know if in the Generic Application imm008, does my spouse have to include me as a dependent? (I live in Canada and am a citizen)

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you. I haven't sent my forms yet. I'd read someone had sent older forms and I just checked mine to make sure and they weren't updated. Also, can anyone let me know if in the Generic Application imm008, does my spouse have to include me as a dependent? (I live in Canada and am a citizen)
No, you will not be a dependent on IMM0008. Also, the representative form has been updated, they added a security clause I believe.

Reactions: kittenlover

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
I hope they don't return it for this because it's not mentioned anywhere in their online Basic Guide to make sure the forms are up to date, if it's true they really should mention that it's not fair. Three of my forms were also updated in June or August and I realized this after submitting (wife and I had been filling them out bit by bit since the summer) - they're still identical to the old forms except for a new Privacy Disclosure, I really hope it's not an issue.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I hope they don't return it for this because it's not mentioned anywhere in their online Basic Guide to make sure the forms are up to date, if it's true they really should mention that it's not fair. Three of my forms were also updated in June or August and I realized this after submitting (wife and I had been filling them out bit by bit since the summer) - they're still identical to the old forms except for a new Privacy Disclosure, I really hope it's not an issue.
Hopefully you should be fine. Usually if it’s a very new change that’s taken place not long after you’ve sent your application in it seems to be fine.

I believe my husband and I had an outdated form when we sent ours in (something with the change for gender if I recall) and ours went through just fine.

Again, it’s so hard to say either way.

Reactions: his*marty

Payal1812

Jan 1, 2019
To provide a more detailed answer:

Can an application be returned because you missed writing N/A on the checklist? Short answer is yes. It can and has happened before. Long answer. Will that happen to you? Not necessarily. The officer who picks up your file may just let it slide. There is no guarantee either way. At this point now that it’s been sent, I would suggest doing your best not to stress about it. Hopefully it won’t be an issue.

Now onto the reason why they would return an application for that. As I said in a previous post on another thread. The reason you are asked to write N/A rather than leaving it blank is because by writing N/A you are confirming that you have seen, understood, and acknowledged the instructions and what is being asked of you, and you are confirming that those sections of the application do not apply to you. That way they know you have not missed or purposely left something out of the application.

It is the same reason why throughout your application if at any point you cannot provide what they are asking for or don’t know the answer to something you are asked, you have to add a separate sheet of paper with an explanation. That way you are confirming that you have read, understood, and acknowledged what was asked of you and you have answered by providing an explanation of why you cannot provide what is being asked of you. Again, that way they know you are not missing anything accidentally or purposely withholding information.

Doesn’t matter if it’s because you don’t know a family member’s address, father’s name is missing on a birth certificate, can’t provide documents or whatever. An explanation needs to be given for any missing information you are unable to provide for one reason or another.
I have written NA on all the application forms where a question does not apply to us. Its just on the document checklist that i forgot writing NA infront of Financial evaluation section. On other application forms, there were few questions related to other dependent and children where i have written NA. Hoping for the best now.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I have written NA on all the application forms where a question does not apply to us. Its just on the document checklist that i forgot writing NA infront of Financial evaluation section. On other application forms, there were few questions related to other dependent and children where i have written NA. Hoping for the best now.
Pretty much all you can do at this point. It’s so dependent on the person who picks up your file. Hopefully it’s all good and not an issue!

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Pretty much all you can do at this point. It’s so dependent on the person who picks up your file. Hopefully it’s all good and not an issue!
exactluy, it depends on which IRCC Agent get's your file. to be honest thats why some people are lucky, and some arent. Hopefully all of us in December go without a problem!