+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

Did not notice any threads for this month yet. Sent in application on Dec 1st for the second time. Hopefully all goes well, waiting on receipt conformation. Please feel free to share your experience. Good luck to all!

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello friends,
I have submitted by Spousal sponsorship application for my wife living in India . So, I would like to join the thread so that we can help each other to get awared about the new updates on our Spousal application.
regards,
Absolutely, that’s the intent of this thread and this forum as a whole. I’m in the same boat as you. Let’s see how quickly do things progress with the current covid situation. I’d also encourage you to add your name to the google spreadsheet link posted above. This is a very useful tool.

Payal1812

Jan 1, 2019
Hi,
I am applying the papers for my Husband in India. SO, in form IMM5532, it asks for the date you " first met in person".. So, in my case, i have known my husband since 13 years, he is my brother's friend and we formally met for the first time in october 2007 on my brothers birthday party.. we didin't had any contact after that.. eventually we started dating in october 2018 and met in Nov 2018 as being officially dating. So what should be the date for when we met as a person and the circumstance?

Reactions: cad13

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
I am applying the papers for my Husband in India. SO, in form IMM5532, it asks for the date you " first met in person".. So, in my case, i have known my husband since 13 years, he is my brother's friend and we formally met for the first time in october 2007 on my brothers birthday party.. we didin't had any contact after that.. eventually we started dating in october 2018 and met in Nov 2018 as being officially dating. So what should be the date for when we met as a person and the circumstance?
In 2007 at the party would be the correct answer.

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Just submitted the application by courier today. All the best to everyone! Hope everything goes smooth and fast. Here is to hoping!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a genuine query. My wife's TRV application is pending approval. And I am planning to submit her Outland PR application this month. What if the TRV gets process after I submit the PR application and she comes here?
At that point, she becomes an Inland applicant. Do we need to update the application then? What is the process for that?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a genuine query. My wife's TRV application is pending approval. And I am planning to submit her Outland PR application this month. What if the TRV gets process after I submit the PR application and she comes here?
At that point, she becomes an Inland applicant. Do we need to update the application then? What is the process for that?
Yes if she got it approved she can come and you can update her address online . You can submit webform, call them or change online through ECAS her address.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys,

She doesn't become an inland applicant, it remains an outland which isn't a problem. The app will still continue to be processed outland. Update her info as Miss bee said.

Zeekaa

Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I submitted my husband application on 12 Sep and it was received in Sydney on Sep 15 but I haven’t heard back. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the receipt confirmation. It used to be 3 months before but now with covid not sure how long it takes. They did prioritize spouse sponsorship.
Thank you.

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
I submitted my husband application on 12 Sep and it was received in Sydney on Sep 15 but I haven’t heard back. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the receipt confirmation. It used to be 3 months before but now with covid not sure how long it takes. They did prioritize spouse sponsorship.
Thank you.
The AOR which is the receipt of application might take a few months. The processing times shown on the website is not accurate because of the COVID-19 backlog. At the moment, they are processing cases from March to August. However, there are those from January till August who have not gotten the AORs yet while some have. There is no specific order to the processing at the moment. Just assume it will take a few months.

Reactions: Meee@

Zeekaa

Nov 17, 2020
The AOR which is the receipt of application might take a few months. The processing times shown on the website is not accurate because of the COVID-19 backlog. At the moment, they are processing cases from March to August. However, there are those from January till August who have not gotten the AORs yet while some have. There is no specific order to the processing at the moment. Just assume it will take a few months.
Thanks for the reply. My application is there for 3 months already. I’m just hoping for the best.

Payal1812

Jan 1, 2019
Hello Guys,
Is it necessary to include a Cover Letter in the Outland Spousal Sponsorship.. Can anybody share their cover letter as a sample , so i can write my own???