+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Ugh, I realised I made a mistake, so my application will be returned. o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::(:(:( I spent so much time going over it, that I overanalyzed and made a simple error. I really hope it doesn't take 8 months to get back to me like some people. :( I really don't want to lose another 8 months with my husband.

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Ugh, I realised I made a mistake, so my application will be returned. o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::(:(:( I spent so much time going over it, that I overanalyzed and made a simple error. I really hope it doesn't take 8 months to get back to me like some people. :( I really don't want to lose another 8 months with my husband.
What was the error?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
what mistake did you make?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
In the section where you write your employment history I didn't write the full address, I abbreviate the province such as:

company name, 123 anywhere street, Winnipeg, MB, H0H 0H0

instead of:

company name, 123 anywhere street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, H0H 0H0

I cannot believe this will be the return of my application, I'm in tears! I really hope it will not be an 8 month wait to get it returned....

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
In the section where you write your employment history I didn't write the full address, I abbreviate the province such as:

instead of:

I cannot believe this will be the return of my application, I'm in tears! I really hope it will not be an 8 month wait to get it returned....
lol that is fine, they are not going to return it because it says MB instead of Manitoba

Reactions: DiiDii

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017

instead of:

I really do not think they will return your application for this. Someone mentioned in the other thread, that they did they same and have still received AOR. I honestly think abbreviation for province is accepted. I understand it is stressful and we keep going back in our heads to think if we made any mistakes in the application, but it is not helpful. Relax and wait for them to get back to you. You have invested in a good amount of time preparing the documents and i am sure you have checked them multiple times, you should be fine.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
lol that is fine, they are not going to return it because it says MB instead of Manitoba
you're good
I really do not think they will return your application for this. Someone mentioned in the other thread, that they did they same and have still received AOR. I honestly think abbreviation for province is accepted. I understand it is stressful and we keep going back in our heads to think if we made any mistakes in the application, but it is not helpful. Relax and wait for them to get back to you. You have invested in a good amount of time preparing the documents and i am sure you have checked them multiple times, you should be fine.
I did my application writing ON instead of Ontario, a few of my freinds did same thing, and they got their AOR.

It does not say anywhere that you have to write Full Provence Names. In my card, I did not even have space to write Ontario

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
It actually does state this on the immigration page under common mistakes and now reading through it I realized I made another one!!!! HOLY CR@P this process is ridiculous!!!!!

This is from IRCC:

Addresses
Addresses should be written out in full without using any abbreviations. Use the apartment or unit number, if applicable. Example: 999 Family Street, Unit #3, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K3J 9T5

ALSO... it says to place the bar code pages after the check list and I have them behind he corresponding form. :(:(:(:( Seriously, it's these little things that are effing me up... and now, I have just over thought the whole application, so terrified to make mistakes that I made all these little errors.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
It actually does state this on the immigration page under common mistakes and now reading through it I realized I made another one!!!! HOLY CR@P this process is ridiculous!!!!!

This is from IRCC:

Addresses
Addresses should be written out in full without using any abbreviations. Use the apartment or unit number, if applicable. Example: 999 Family Street, Unit #3, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K3J 9T5

ALSO... it says to place the bar code pages after the check list and I have them behind he corresponding form. :(:(:(:( Seriously, it's these little things that are effing me up... and now, I have just over thought the whole application, so terrified to make mistakes that I made all these little errors.
My friend has the barcodes in the original location and he got his AOR. I’ve also spoken with an immigration lawyer and consultant the barcode location does that matter where it is as long as it’s inside the application

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
you're good

I did my application writing ON instead of Ontario, a few of my freinds did same thing, and they got their AOR.

It does not say anywhere that you have to write Full Provence Names. In my card, I did not even have space to write Ontario
Unfortunately, in one of my FB groups, this is the exact reason one ladies application was returned. :( I guess her officer was grumpy that day... I just imagine doing this work and how tedious it would be after some time.

I just read a news article that posted a few years ago an immigration guide to false marriages was leaked online and later removed by due legal process. In there, it actually told officers that it's suspicious if no kissing pictures are submitted from the ceremony. *eyeroll* Not all religions/cultures deem this appropriate.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Just do not think about it don’t worry if you spent eight months on it you’re fine I spend about two months on my gathering everything and just sent it and then the 14th

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My friend has the barcodes in the original location and he got his AOR. I’ve also spoken with an immigration lawyer and consultant the barcode location does that matter where it is as long as it’s inside the application
Thank you, I'm hoping everything goes through okay for us... these arbitrary directions and nuances are making me crazy. This is the wording I just found on IRCC: Place any barcode pages right underneath your checklist when you submit your application.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Unfortunately, in one of my FB groups, this is the exact reason one ladies application was returned. :( I guess her officer was grumpy that day... I just imagine doing this work and how tedious it would be after some time.

I just read a news article that posted a few years ago an immigration guide to false marriages was leaked online and later removed by due legal process. In there, it actually told officers that it's suspicious if no kissing pictures are submitted from the ceremony. *eyeroll* Not all religions/cultures deem this appropriate.
If the IRCC returns it because it says MB instead of Manitoba that is completely ridiculous they’re probably only going to use that as a reason because there’s something else wrong with the application. It will not be returned because of that

• Love

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Thank you, I'm hoping everything goes through okay for us... these arbitrary directions and nuances are making me crazy. This is the wording I just found on IRCC: Place any barcode pages right underneath your checklist when you submit your application.
Even look online and search in the forms about the barcode placement a lot of people have gotten there a AOR and they left it with the application as long as it follows the order of the checklist. I have spoken to an immigration consultant who have done over hundreds of applications over the last couple years and this was her recommendation. I even spoke to (Laywer) just in case the barcode placement separate does that matter

• Love

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Just do not think about it don’t worry if you spent eight months on it you’re fine I spend about two months on my gathering everything and just sent it and then the 14th
I will try to leave this in God's hands for now, because worrying doesn't help. Please let me know if yours shows up delivered...mine does say it's at the processing plant in Sydney but still expected to be delivered Monday.