+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

whichuser

Dec 16, 2020
Category........
FAM
Application sent: 24th Nov 2020 (from the UK)
Application received: 14th Dec 2020 (in Sydney)

I've read that I have to wait for AOR1 before I can link my paper application to my online CIC/GCKEY account. Could anyone mind confirming whether this is correct, and am I right in thinking that AOR1 could be months away?

Am I able to get any confirmation from the VISA processing center that the application has been received? Other than Canada Post declaring it as delivered.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Application sent: 24th Nov 2020 (from the UK)
Application received: 14th Dec 2020 (in Sydney)

I've read I have to wait for AOR1 before I can link my paper application to my online CIC/GCKEY account. Could anyone mind confirming whether this is correct, and am I right in thinking that AOR1 could be months away?

Am I able to get any confirmation from the VISA processing center that the application has been received? Other than Canadian Post declaring it as delivered.

Cheers guys.
Yes you must have your first AOR before linking to GCKEY acc

Reactions: whichuser

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

I am joining you and after 8 months of filling out forms, collecting information, having to resign forms, update forms due to updated forms etc. I have sent in our application on December 15 (my husband's birthday, of all days!). He is in Tunisia. Here is to speedy process and good news for us all. <3

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hello all,

I am joining you and after 8 months of filling out forms, collecting information, having to resign forms, update forms due to updated forms etc. I have sent in our application on December 15 (my husband's birthday, of all days!). He is in Tunisia. Here is to speedy process and good news for us all. <3
Good Luck! My Application is currently in transit to Sydney NS, i sent mine out on Dec 14th

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Good Luck! My Application is currently in transit to Sydney NS, i sent mine out on Dec 14th
I sent mine from Winnipeg on the 15th and expected delivery is the 21st...so much for express. lol My husband sends me a DHL from Tunisia and it's here in 2 - 3 days max. Our postal system is bonkers.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I sent mine from Winnipeg on the 15th and expected delivery is the 21st...so much for express. lol My husband sends me a DHL from Tunisia and it's here in 2 - 3 days max. Our postal system is bonkers.
same here. I paid for priority. Whcih is 24-48 hours from dec 14. My expexted arrival changed to dec 21 too. Sucks.

cuz its the holiday season that’s why.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
same here. I paid for priority. Whcih is 24-48 hours from dec 14. My expexted arrival changed to dec 21 too. Sucks.

cuz its the holiday season that’s why.
I understand this, but still doesn't explain that many more days when you are *paying* for a specific service. Anyways, what can we do but wait... we will likely be waiting a while for AOR anyways. But, just to know it arrived safely...

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I understand this, but still doesn't explain that many more days when you are *paying* for a specific service. Anyways, what can we do but wait... we will likely be waiting a while for AOR anyways. But, just to know it arrived safely...
I heard some AOR's for people who sumbitted after Oct could take a few months, hopefully it does not take that long

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I'm on a FB group and seen people waiting 7 or 8 months and then it comes back that they missed a check mark or signature and they're back at the start...i'm worried about this.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I'm on a FB group and seen people waiting 7 or 8 months and then it comes back that they missed a check mark or signature and they're back at the start...i'm worried about this.
A common mistakes that IRCC to send it back will be
- Missing Country-Specific Requirement applications
- Missing one of the mandatory applications
- Not signing and dating all appropriate documents
- Forgetting to add a extra signature on the one from that application has electronic signature, even though it says electronic signature only
- Forgetting to validate the forms to generate the barcode's
- PR photo's are not correct 50x70 size
- PR photo's are altered/photoshopp'ed- needs to be unaltered
- IRCC officier does not think relationship is real, u did not prove it enough

If you did not do these common mistakes. hopefully the first AOR goes through no problem. Just dont think about it, hopefully it works out

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
A common mistakes that IRCC to send it back will be
- Missing Country-Specific Requirement applications
- Missing one of the mandatory applications
- Not signing and dating all appropriate documents
- Forgetting to add a extra signature on the one from that application has electronic signature, even though it says electronic signature only
- Forgetting to validate the forms to generate the barcode's
- PR photo's are not correct 50x70 size
- PR photo's are altered/photoshopp'ed- needs to be unaltered
- IRCC officier does not think relationship is real, u did not prove it enough

If you did not do these common mistakes. hopefully the first AOR goes through no problem. Just dont think about it, hopefully it works out
I spent 8 months making these perfect and I have all check marks on this except that last one...that's up to them but hopefully I have enough supporting evidence!

Reactions: isostar

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I gave up on Canada POst express after I sent a letter from Vancouver to Ottawa that way. A few days later I sent a letter normal post that got to Ottawa BEFORE the express post one. I now use Fedex or Purolator for important stuff. Cda Post has become a joke, on-line tracking and asking a CSA only tells you it is in transit, can't even tell you where in the system it is.