+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Payal1812

Jan 1, 2019
I was going through the forum and i just realised i have done 2 blunder mistakes in Additional Family information form. First i did not fill out the form in native language, i filled it just in English. Second in the marital status i selected married not physically present as per our current situation. I didnt knew it meant that whether we were physically present at the time of wedding. Though i have included a cover letter stating how and when i went to India with dates, dates and pictures of each ceremony in which we are physically together, my boarding passes entry exit stamp. But i dont know what should i do know? Is there anyway??

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I was going through the forum and i just realised i have done 2 blunder mistakes in Additional Family information form. First i did not fill out the form in native language, i filled it just in English. Second in the marital status i selected married not physically present as per our current situation. I didnt knew it meant that whether we were physically present at the time of wedding. Though i have included a cover letter stating how and when i went to India with dates, dates and pictures of each ceremony in which we are physically together, my boarding passes entry exit stamp. But i dont know what should i do know? Is there anyway??
This one’s a little more complicated. The selection for marital status is a problem as you don’t want them to interpret that as a marriage by proxy. (Definite refusal there)

The only thing I can think of would be to send a webform with an explanation on that mistake for the marriage and a new additional family form. Since you don’t have an AOR yet, all you can do is hope that they’ll be able to match it to your application once they open the file.

Better than doing nothing as those two mistakes could cause either the file to be returned or refused if they decide to process, send an AOR, and then judge it on the marital status you gave. (Married but not physically present)

Would hate for you to lose months waiting for it to be returned or refused.

Payal1812

Jan 1, 2019
This one’s a little more complicated. The selection for marital status is a problem as you don’t want them to interpret that as a marriage by proxy. (Definite refusal there)

The only thing I can think of would be to send a webform with an explanation on that mistake for the marriage and a new additional family form. Since you don’t have an AOR yet, all you can do is hope that they’ll be able to match it to your application once they open the file.

Better than doing nothing as those two mistakes could cause either the file to be returned or refused if they decide to process, send an AOR, and then judge it on the marital status you gave. (Married but not physically present)

Would hate for you to lose months waiting for it to be returned or refused.
I did included a cover letter in it where all the dates of when i visited India and of the ceremonies that took place and there are all the pictures of the ceremonies where we are physically together with each other. Even i have attached my boarding passes and entry exit stamp. Don’t they guys interlink the application and see other proofs as well. Would they not give me a chance to amend this mistake.. Even the webform cannot be sent without application number

Reactions: isostar

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did included a cover letter in it where all the dates of when i visited India and of the ceremonies that took place and there are all the pictures of the ceremonies where we are physically together with each other. Even i have attached my boarding passes and entry exit stamp. Don’t they guys interlink the application and see other proofs as well. Would they not give me a chance to amend this mistake.. Even the webform cannot be sent without application number
You can try to submit a webform without the application number - provide as much identifying information as you can. If you have a UCI (from your own previous app eg if PR), that will help.

They MAY be able to attach and find your file and reconcile this error. They MAY read through without this and decide it was a mistake on your part - but it was a serious mistake and it may simply get rejected.

As noted - it's a very serious mistake.

Reactions: AutumnSkies

Mishark09

Oct 5, 2020
Hello all,

Did not notice any threads for this month yet. Sent in application on Dec 1st for the second time. Hopefully all goes well, waiting on receipt conformation. Please feel free to share your experience. Good luck to all!
Hi,

I have submitted my file for the third time on 18th December, 2020.

First time we applied in June 2018. But due to some personal issues my husband withdrew my file in August 2019.
After reconciliation, we applied again in March 2020 but our file got returned in November 2020, due to a missing document (Marriage Certificate Translation was missing).

Its 4rth year of our marriage and still my file is in queue. I feel very disheartened this time. I'm tired of waiting.

But at the same time my husband is being very supportive and we are hopeful that this time our file will be accepted, but we know its still gonna take a year to get the final approval for traveling.

This is the first time I'm sharing my experience here. Thank you.

From Pakistan

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I have submitted my file for the third time on 18th December, 2020.

First time we applied in June 2018. But due to some personal issues my husband withdrew my file in August 2019.
After reconciliation, we applied again in March 2020 but our file got returned in November 2020, due to a missing document (Marriage Certificate Translation was missing).

Its 4rth year of our marriage and still my file is in queue. I feel very disheartened this time. I'm tired of waiting.

But at the same time my husband is being very supportive and we are hopeful that this time our file will be accepted, but we know its still gonna take a year to get the final approval for traveling.

This is the first time I'm sharing my experience here. Thank you.

From Pakistan
God speed inchallah. The wait is averaging about 15 months now... some longer some simple cases shorter. One man just got his PA approval 6 months after mailing his application.

Your date is same as mine, IRCC received our application on December 18...but I just keep checking my mail for my application to be returned, I'm so scared to lose 8 months for nothing...

Mishark09

Oct 5, 2020
God speed inchallah. The wait is averaging about 15 months now... some longer some simple cases shorter. One man just got his PA approval 6 months after mailing his application.

Your date is same as mine, IRCC received our application on December 18...but I just keep checking my mail for my application to be returned, I'm so scared to lose 8 months for nothing...
I feel the same, May everything go smoothly this time.... Ameen

• Love
Reactions: his*marty