+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Again, I understand after initial aor it can be extremely different speeds and that is fine. But this taking place now with many and I mean many December and January apps is unreal when 2020 Aprils are waiting. They claim covid from March to end of year. Then said covid.is at its worse, well if so they seem to be pumping out aor fast. Best part is they have no explanation for it.
Like i said. It’s random

Reactions: dw33

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is unreal. Congrats. Aor in less then two months. Im going to take a guess here. Is the applicant from India?
I don't know what you think this means, but could you please stop it?

The simple math is that more than a quarter of immigrants to Canada are from India. Then on top of that, this forum is in English, so more likely to be used by them. And then finally, Indians sponsoring spouses are more likely to be Outland than nationalities that don't require visas to enter Canada.

So I haven't done any checking against the spreadsheets etc but it wouldn't surprise me if close to half of outland PAs in this forum are from India.

Taking 'a guess' that an applicant is from India is about as meaningful as tossing a coin and discovering that about half the time, it comes up heads.

[And no, I'm not from India, and neither is my spouse. Just annoyed at these frequent implications that such-and-such nationality is being favoured when the explanation for these coincidences is so simple.]

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I wait roughly 5.5 months for aor and others get it in less then two months. When apparently its Covid at its worse. I cant conceive how this is possible. I really believe they open these thing and decide whos they process first. Until I can see actual facts or a operations mngmt process to it.

Reactions: his*marty

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I wait roughly 5.5 months for aor and others get it in less then two months. When apparently its Covid at its worse. I cant conceive how this is possible. I really believe they open these thing and decide whos they process first. Until I can see actual facts or a operations mngmt process to it.
You're not going to get the information (and neither am I) to show. But from what I've seen (AORs etc), it is more consistent with them effectively almost fully stopping the first stage (to AOR) for close to six months - and then later deciding to 'reboot' with segregated piles being sent in different processes. I.e. the variable of importance is not nationality but month of submission.

How could we distinguish between your scenario and my scenario? If the long delays (six to nine months) are consistent not by nationality, but by when the files were submitted, it would seem to be consistent with my hypothesis.

And crucially, if the current relatively quick (eg two months) to AOR is roughly consistent with application inputs by nationality, your hypothesis would seem wrong. (Again keeping in mind that the sample of applicants by nationality here is not random - but skewed by type of applicaiton and language of this forum)

But I don't think it makes sense to compare the waiting times for applicants mid-year with those at end-year with different nationalities until you have some baseline.

So believe what you want, of course, but I think it's offensive to imply there's some favouritism going on without better analysis, and I'd appreciate not repeating.

Reactions: cjr

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello all,
Just received my application number via email. The application was received on Dec 9th. It appears that they’re definitely moving ahead with Dec applications. I would also advise everyone to keep an eye out on their mail boxes just in case if you’ve chosen to receive confirmation via mail. Good luck to all!

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I saw two December 18 applicants on FB receive AOR yesterday. Mine is Dec. 18...nothing yet. :( I'm still convinced mine will be returned for something.

CANJAM988

Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone, I received AOR tonight in my email. I’m born in Canada sponsoring my wife who is in Jamaica. My application was delivered on December 11. I wish everyone else on here all the best with theirs too.

CANJAM988

Jan 5, 2021
The email I got today had a UCI number and Application number and listed my name as sponsor and my spouse as principal applicant. It said:
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/12/11

arshdeep001

Star Member
May 26, 2016
The email I got today had a UCI number and Application number and listed my name as sponsor and my spouse as principal applicant. It said:
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/12/11
Congratulations and i have received the same email as well just mine was received in December 22nd