+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Need advice!
1. Country of origin - Ukraine
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Need advice!
2. Lived in Poland for 1 year while studying (so was my country of residence) and have a bunch of stamps as I was going back home every month to visit
3. Currently leaving in Canada (current country of residence) and went home twice so far to visit

so under my travel history, I don’t have to mention travels between country of origin (Ukraine) and country of residence- BUT!! Do they mean only current country of residence (Canada) or it includes previous country of residence as well (Poland)?
Basically, do I need to mention all of my 20 stamps between Ukraine and Poland while I was a student there (as Poland used to be my country of residence)

please help!!! Thanks!
You're meant to give details of all trips taken outside of your home country or country of residence. If your home country is not your country of residence then I think any trips to your home country should be included in your travel history.

Reactions: Linalin

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
You're meant to give details of all trips taken outside of your home country or country of residence. If your home country is not your country of residence then I think any trips to your home country should be included in your travel history.
no you don't have to. You have written also yourself. If you are travelling between your country of residence and your home country( the country of which you have your passport) you don't have to mention it. The requirement is travel history ASIDE FROM country of residence AND home country. So if your home country is Ukraine and you are a legal resident of Poland. I is not REQUIRED to write down the travel history between these two countries. It does not matter what you think. Please don't misdirect people.

Last edited:

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
no you don't have to. You have written also yourself. If you are travelling between your country of residence and your home country( the country of which you have your passport) you don't have to mention it. The requirement is travel history ASIDE FROM country of residence AND home country. So if your home country is ukraine and you are a legal resident of Poland. I is not REQUIRED to write down the travel history between these two countries. It does not matter what you think. Please don't misdirect people.
No, that's not what I said. I don't know where you're getting "ASIDE FROM country of residence AND home country" from but it's trips taken outside your country of origin OR your country of residence. Not the same thing. I'm no immigration lawyer but I'm also not in the business of misleading people. I don't comment on things I don't know about.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
It’s all bullshit anyway.
They ask the question in the way people don’t understand it for the last 10 years here on forum and every applicant do it differently :)
So I believe it doesn’t matter how you go with this question.

some people who currently live in Canada include travels to home country some are not. But I think you should disclose all the trips to Poland as this country not your country of residence anymore.

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
No, that's not what I said. I don't know where you're getting "ASIDE FROM country of residence AND home country" from but it's trips taken outside your country of origin OR your country of residence. Not the same thing. I'm no immigration lawyer but I'm also not in the business of misleading people. I don't comment on things I don't know about.
You can see the discussion for yourself below. I do not want to argue. I will let the person who anxiously asking for clarity to figure it out for him/herself. What bothers me here is the opinions without knowledge in this forum. Please do not give advice to people without fully knowing the situation. Ill and misleading advice can hurt people's chances.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-history-between-country-of-residence-and-citizenship.567354/

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
You can see the discussion for yourself below. I do not want to argue. I will let the person who anxiously asking for clarity to figure it out for him/herself. What bothers me here is the opinions without knowledge in this forum. Please do not give advice to people without fully knowing the situation. Ill and misleading advice can hurt people's chances.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-history-between-country-of-residence-and-citizenship.567354/
Oh is that a link to an official IRCC statement re travel history? Or just the a link to more "opinions" from members on this forum. Is that where your information is coming from? Mate how is submitting the details for 20 stamps to IRCC misleading exactly? If you want to accuse someone of giving ill and misleading advice then do share official statements/information to prove your point.

It’s all bullshit anyway.
They ask the question in the way people don’t understand it for the last 10 years here on forum and every applicant do it differently :)
So I believe it doesn’t matter how you go with this question.

some people who currently live in Canada include travels to home country some are not. But I think you should disclose all the trips to Poland as this country not your country of residence anymore.
Seems about right. All bullshit anyway.

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Oh is that a link to an official IRCC statement re travel history? Or just the a link to more "opinions" from members on this forum. Is that where your information is coming from? Mate how is submitting the details for 20 stamps to IRCC misleading exactly? If you want to accuse someone of giving ill and misleading advice then do share official statements/information to prove your point.

Seems about right. All bullshit anyway.
did you provide any official statement in this regard? All I hear from you is " I think" and making even more assumptions. Based on your answer It is better for everyone in this forum that you do not think and interpret. Just provide official statements from IRCC. If you do not have official statement in this matter please stop bullshitting and making assumptions like "Mate how is submitting the details for 20 stamps to IRCC misleading exactly?"

@Zozulia Please do not listen to anybody other than who has previous experience (which I provided in this forum you can check the link) or the official statements of IRCC. Certainly do not listen to people whose only reference point is there own opinion and "thoughts" without any substantial facts.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I know a case (my colleague) who used to be in the same situation:

She is a Vietnamese citizen and used to work in Singapore, and then she moved to Canada to work. So Singapore is a past country of residence and Canada is the current country of residence.

In her travel history, she did not mention any trip between Singapore and Vietnam. She's got her PR now as CEC Inland.

My case is the same as hers, I dont mention any trip between Singapore and Vietnam. Though my application is still in progress, but it has passed Eligibility.

Just FYI...

Fidiya21

Aug 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
Need advice!

please help!!! Thanks!
Hi,
I am an Indian and staying in UAE. I had the same question and my immigration lawyer confirmed that I do not need to include travels between UAE and India as am currently residing in UAE and India is my home country. He had mentioned that this is applicable because I am CURRENTLY residing in UAE. Since this is not your case, to be on the safe side, better to include.

Vinpet

Feb 1, 2021
Hi people,

I have submitted a webform with some additional documents on Jan 11th and no response yet. I will call CIC tomorrow but I am pretty sure they will say they don't have them since I have already called multiple times and that is what they said before. Do you think I should raise a new webform with the documents?

These documents are new translations of the same documents I had uploaded with my application. I was not entirely sure my translations were according to what they ask so I had them remade.

davian09

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Guys quick question, I got confirmation for biometrics appointment from VFS in india.. it asked me to carry biometrics fee receipt.. I remember paying it when I submitted my application.. but I don't see it mentioned in AOR.. can someone help me where I can find the biometric fee receipt ?