+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
No, I had not. I was going to now but I was confused about the consent form and how to fill it showing myself as the mother. So I just sign the box under the kids' name along with my husband then?
Exactly and reply to same email with documents requested too.

Reactions: sherin42

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Exactly and reply to same email with documents requested too.
Correct, the request from IRCC is fairly common and routine. Sometimes the message is as below as well. These days IRCC will even accept an electronically signed consent form along with govt ID due to COVID-19.

Further, if possible and if you have not done so, in order to facilitate the processing of your file, please provide consent from all applicants (including dependents over the age of 16, sponsor, co-signer, etc.) listed on the application. This will also increase the amount of information you receive within your file. The completion of these forms is not required to process your request, and IRCC does not encourage clients to break with social distancing in order to obtain these consents.

Note that if you wish to receive information about a minor within the requested file, we require consent from both parents. In the case where one parent has sole custody, please provide their consent along with a copy of the custody agreement.

Reactions: sherin42

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Correct, the request from IRCC is fairly common and routine. Sometimes the message is as below as well. These days IRCC will even accept an electronically signed consent form along with govt ID due to COVID-19.

Further, if possible and if you have not done so, in order to facilitate the processing of your file, please provide consent from all applicants (including dependents over the age of 16, sponsor, co-signer, etc.) listed on the application. This will also increase the amount of information you receive within your file. The completion of these forms is not required to process your request, and IRCC does not encourage clients to break with social distancing in order to obtain these consents.

Note that if you wish to receive information about a minor within the requested file, we require consent from both parents. In the case where one parent has sole custody, please provide their consent along with a copy of the custody agreement.
Thank you both so much

Bhattisandeep89

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi
I am reaching out to this group for advice. I had a huge arguement with my spouse and in the heqt of the moment, I asked my representative to send a withdrawal request. Undoubtedly, I started to regret my decision once everything calmed down and I sent a case specific inquiry to New Delhi VO as well as an email as suggested by IRCC call center. However, I have not received any news or reply at all. Can someone suggest me if its a good idea to speal to my MP because last year has been stressful enough working as a frontline health care worker. I dont want to wait any longer than necessary or reapply. I realize my mistake and understand I have been stupid. Could someone please suggest something? I will really appreciate some help and guidance.

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi my Canadian wife is interested in getting her Nigerian Citizenship so she can visit me in Nigeria freely without the hassle of applying for visas and doing invitation letters.
The question is...does anyone know if its possible to get the Nigerian Citizenship without my wife actually being present in Nigeria?
Yes. She can get it from Nigerian Commission in Ottawa. You can google the address. But, call them before you show up. Good luck

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Hi
I am reaching out to this group for advice. I had a huge arguement with my spouse and in the heqt of the moment, I asked my representative to send a withdrawal request. Undoubtedly, I started to regret my decision once everything calmed down and I sent a case specific inquiry to New Delhi VO as well as an email as suggested by IRCC call center. However, I have not received any news or reply at all. Can someone suggest me if its a good idea to speal to my MP because last year has been stressful enough working as a frontline health care worker. I dont want to wait any longer than necessary or reapply. I realize my mistake and understand I have been stupid. Could someone please suggest something? I will really appreciate some help and guidance.
If the rep already sent the withdrawal request then I doubt if you can continue with the same application. You will have to apply as from the beginning.
Check to see what status is showing on GC key and/or ECAS

Bhattisandeep89

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
If the rep already sent the withdrawal request then I doubt if you can continue with the same application. You will have to apply as from the beginning.
Check to see what status is showing on GC key and/or ECAS
ECAS still shows application received. No changes yet. I sent an inquiry and an email provided by mississauga call centre.

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
hello

can someone please explain the background check process
I am confused
someone said it has 2 parts criminality which is the biometrics and the other part is security screening or something like this

so what is security screening ?

and when someone gets pre arrival does this means the process is over and u just wait for decision made and passport request

apparently they are not giving people their pr now some people have decision made in March others got pre arrival in Jan ( not december applicants for sure) and they did not send them passport request

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello

can someone please explain the background check process
I am confused
someone said it has 2 parts criminality which is the biometrics and the other part is security screening or something like this

so what is security screening ?

and when someone gets pre arrival does this means the process is over and u just wait for decision made and passport request

apparently they are not giving people their pr now some people have decision made in March others got pre arrival in Jan ( not december applicants for sure) and they did not send them passport request
Criminality is basically a records check to see if you have a criminal record (and may be inadmissible as a result), hence the police record part of the submission. Security screening is to see if any reason to believe inadmissible for reasons like terrorism, links to hostile foreign governments (eg espionage or other similar), potential issues with military service (war crimes), etc.

Pre-arrival does not seem consistently linked to a specific time frame. It may mean that e.g. initial evaluation is that the principal applicant is eligible, relationship genuine, etc, and only routine checks/confirmations needed (and they have no reason to believe other issues like security will be an issue). This is an informed guess only though, you can look at the tracker spreadsheets to see how long between pre-arrival and passport request; but it does vary a fair bit and especially now with covid delays.

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
Criminality is basically a records check to see if you have a criminal record (and may be inadmissible as a result), hence the police record part of the submission. Security screening is to see if any reason to believe inadmissible for reasons like terrorism, links to hostile foreign governments (eg espionage or other similar), potential issues with military service (war crimes), etc.

Pre-arrival does not seem consistently linked to a specific time frame. It may mean that e.g. initial evaluation is that the principal applicant is eligible, relationship genuine, etc, and only routine checks/confirmations needed (and they have no reason to believe other issues like security will be an issue). This is an informed guess only though, you can look at the tracker spreadsheets to see how long between pre-arrival and passport request; but it does vary a fair bit and especially now with covid delays.

thanks for your help

security screening start after PA eligibility is done ? or before