+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

nostalgicbabie

Nov 26, 2019
I asked my MP for an update on our case, and he said that it is now in security check. Does anyone know how long this generally takes?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I asked my MP for an update on our case, and he said that it is now in security check. Does anyone know how long this generally takes?
There are so many factors involved in background and security checks it’s hard to put a timeline on it. It also depends a lot on what country you’re from and what countries you’ve lived in. Canada has an easier time getting reliable information out of some countries over others and that was true even before COVID. For example, it took them about a week to two weeks to do my husband’s background/security check. (He received his PPR after two and a half months) Keep in mind this was pre-COVID and they only needed to obtain information from Canada and New Zealand on him. It’s much easier for Canada to get information from NZ than it would be from say North Korea or Saudi Arabia, to name a couple. That’s just one example of the factors involved.

Reactions: rattan786

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
hello
how much time do they need to process the PA eligibility ??

also it is been a month where my account shows we need extra documents and they did not send me anything ?
is this normal ?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
hello
how much time do they need to process the PA eligibility ??

also it is been a month where my account shows we need extra documents and they did not send me anything ?
is this normal ?
Maybe you should raise a Case Specific Inquiry via IRCC webform and explain them the situation

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Hello.
I had ordered for the GCMS notes but I received this via email.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

· Information about minors can only be released with the consent of both parents or by providing a valid court order indicating that the person making the request is permitted to obtain the information being requested. Please select either of the following options and provide us with the corresponding documents in order for us to proceed with your request:

1. One properly filled out consent with both parents’ name, relationship to the minor, handwritten signatures and signature dates on the consent form, including:
o A copy of the minor’s birth certificate in English or French. If the birth certificate is in another language, please also provide a certified translation; and,
o Signed government-issued photo identification from both parents, to confirm the names and signatures.

How do I go about doing this? I have two children and I am the sponsor and the mother while my husband is the principal applicant.
Do I have to sign a separate form or do I add my name in the area of the designated representative information column and 2.1 related individual's information section as wife as well?

I am providing the consent document below for further clarity.
Consent Form

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Hello.
I had ordered for the GCMS notes but I received this via email.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

· Information about minors can only be released with the consent of both parents or by providing a valid court order indicating that the person making the request is permitted to obtain the information being requested. Please select either of the following options and provide us with the corresponding documents in order for us to proceed with your request:

1. One properly filled out consent with both parents’ name, relationship to the minor, handwritten signatures and signature dates on the consent form, including:
o A copy of the minor’s birth certificate in English or French. If the birth certificate is in another language, please also provide a certified translation; and,
o Signed government-issued photo identification from both parents, to confirm the names and signatures.

How do I go about doing this? I have two children and I am the sponsor and the mother while my husband is the principal applicant.
Do I have to sign a separate form or do I add my name in the area of the designated representative information column and 2.1 related individual's information section as wife as well?

I am providing the consent document below for further clarity.
Consent Form
I had the same email. Myself and spouse signed on same form and mentioned name of all members on same form. Also provide children birth certificate translated in english(if in Hindi) and scanned copy of husband and wife passports.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I had the same email. Myself and spouse signed on same form and mentioned name of all members on same form. Also provide children birth certificate translated in english(if in Hindi) and scanned copy of husband and wife passports.
Thank you for your reply. Are you the sponsor, if yes, where all did you put in your name and information?

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for your reply. Are you the sponsor, if yes, where all did you put in your name and information?
Yes I m sponsor. As you are requesting on behalf of PA, You need to put sponsor information in field 1. Designated representative information on consent form and 2, 2.1 and 2.2 for your family members.

Reactions: sherin42

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Yes I m sponsor. As you are requesting on behalf of PA, You need to put sponsor information in field 1. Designated representative information on consent form and 2, 2.1 and 2.2 for your family members.
I just want to confirm.

I put my information in Designated representative information and also 2.1

I put my husband's info in 2 and kids in 2.2 and 2.3?

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
I just want to confirm.

I put my information in Designated representative information and also 2.1

I put my husband's info in 2 and kids in 2.2 and 2.3?
All is fine except you don't need to put your info in 2.1.
Section 2 you need to put your husband name and 2.1 and 2.2 children.
You are only asking for details of people you are sponsoring. I hope you got it now.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
All is fine except you don't need to put your info in 2.1.
Section 2 you need to put your husband name and 2.1 and 2.2 children.
You are only asking for details of people you are sponsoring. I hope you got it now.
I had submitted the form exactly as you have mentioned and after that is when they sent this email. that is why i am so confused.

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
I had submitted the form exactly as you have mentioned and after that is when they sent this email. that is why i am so confused.
Oh..did you also provide the documents while uploading consent form? Also, you both need to sign on all given signature spaces on 2,2.1 and 2.2.

Last edited:

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Oh..did you also provide the documents while uploading consent form? Also, you both need to sign on all given signature spaces on 2,2.1 and 2.2.
No, I had not. I was going to now but I was confused about the consent form and how to fill it showing myself as the mother. So I just sign the box under the kids' name along with my husband then?