AOR Received.
12-01-2020
File Transfer...
21-01-2020
Med's Request
20-09-2020
Med's Done....
09-10-2920
Hi my Canadian wife is interested in getting her Nigerian Citizenship so she can visit me in Nigeria freely without the hassle of applying for visas and doing invitation letters.
The question is...does anyone know if its possible to get the Nigerian Citizenship without my wife actually being present in Nigeria?

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi my Canadian wife is interested in getting her Nigerian Citizenship so she can visit me in Nigeria freely without the hassle of applying for visas and doing invitation letters.
The question is...does anyone know if its possible to get the Nigerian Citizenship without my wife actually being present in Nigeria?
This is a Canadian forum.

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
Jan 29 - Bio metric Requested
Feb 2 - Bio metric Completed
Feb 6 - Application sent to Singapore VO
Feb 24 - AOR 2
Mar 12 - Medical Requested and Taken
Mar 16 - Medical Passed
Jun 26 - Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Hello did u receive an email saying PA eligibility passed or something like this and which VO are u

SYEDANAMAL

Apr 15, 2020
anything from Mississauga office for anyone. medical bio all are done in Jan, since then no reply.
Yes, I went through my medicals on February 06 and sent the requested documentation, including Police Clearing Certificates and been waiting ever since. Any one knows it they have resumed working?

vignesh91292

Feb 19, 2015
It says online applications. Ours was paper based. I fail to see anything related to family applications. I really hope they clear off the pending applications soon.
I see the following statement in the link:

"IRCC also continues to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible."

So my understanding from this is, they are trying to process PR applications received online and paper.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
I see this statement in the link:

"IRCC also continues to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible."

So my understanding from this is, they are trying to processing PR applications received online and paper.
If it so, then it's sure is a good news for all of us.

prateek9911

Jan 30, 2020
I see the following statement in the link:

So my understanding from this is, they are trying to process PR applications received online and paper.
I agree, i think if they were not processing paper based PR applications then they would have mentioned it along with the statement that paper based visitor visas etc etc wont be processed until further notice. Plus i think this is mostly to clear the backlog so i think processing new submitted paper applications dont make sense here.

Reactions: Wzka

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I assume that once our paper apps are in Sydney they are scanned, entered into the system then they become computer based. so hopefully at that point they are no longer paper applications and will continue to be processed. My impression from that is that new apps that haven't yet been scanned and uploaded into the system won't be processed right now??

Reactions: JKay and Wzka

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I assume that once our paper apps are in Sydney they are scanned, entered into the system then they become computer based. so hopefully at that point they are no longer paper applications and will continue to be processed. My impression from that is that new apps that haven't yet been scanned and uploaded into the system won't be processed right now??
If thats true, why is my app not being processed.....its been scanned, SA Bio Med passed and am still in Sydney intake like every other new applicant....
Lets face it and admit it, Sydney is at standstill since March.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If thats true, why is my app not being processed.....its been scanned, SA Bio Med passed and am still in Sydney intake like every other new applicant....
Lets face it and admit it, Sydney is at standstill since March.
Yes, well there is you and probably another hundred thousand applicants out there asking the same question. Have patience, your turn will come. Sydney and the rest of the world has been at a standstill since March.