+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Nopes...AOR 2 would be when it changes back to in process and line 2 gets added in ecas ...ours shows app received since 28 jan... and still remains like that so its going to be a long wait...sadly
Hello everyone, is anyone having the same experience me which I have received email on January 28 that IRCC informed me my file has moved to NDVO, after a week I have called to ask where I should send updated PCC which they have asked and the Agent told me that my file is still at Sydney so, I told him that I did get email that my file has moved then he said this is special courier and will move to NDVO. what is special? why they are holding at Sydney NS?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello everyone, is anyone having the same experience me which I have received email on January 28 that IRCC informed me my file has moved to NDVO, after a week I have called to ask where I should send updated PCC which they have asked and the Agent told me that my file is still at Sydney so, I told him that I did get email that my file has moved then he said this is special courier and will move to NDVO. what is special? why they are holding at Sydney NS?
It could easily take 20-25 Days for NDVO to acknowledge the receipt of arrival. and update the ECAS.
If the PA side still showing you In-Process, wait for it to change it to Application received and then back to In-progress (that will be considered as AOR2).

Then the waiting game starts.

Reactions: bk0521

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am happy to see at least some change in the status since I still have not been able to link to the GCKEY so i have not been able to see the overall changes.

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am happy to see at least some change in the status since I still have not been able to link to the GCKEY so i have not been able to see the overall changes.
Just Curious. Have you tried linking your application and failed to do so.? Please share the details of what you have tried. May be someone on the forum could help you link the application.

Cheers,

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,

My spouse is currently visiting me on TRV. Can someone please advise if she can submit the passport in Canada after she receive the passport request or she has to go back to the home country to do it?

Thanks in advance

ebizzplus

Feb 2, 2020
Anyone from Australia ?

AOR1: 06/09/2019
Bio-metrics: 02/01/2020
SA: 02/01/2020
Medical request: 03/01/2020
File transferred to Visa Office Sydney Australia: 19/01/2020
AOR2: 19/01/2020
Additional DOC request: 19/01/2020
Additional DOC's provided: 22/01/2020?

Reactions: Diamond David

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi,

My spouse is currently visiting me on TRV. Can someone please advise if she can submit the passport in Canada after she receive the passport request or she has to go back to the home country to do it?

Thanks in advance
No she doesn’t have to return to her home country when she receives her PPR. She can send her passport to Ottawa.

I’m planning to visit my husband on TRV soon. I was wondering what questions the border officers will ask at the point of entry if one already has a spousal sponsorship application in progress. How did you guys do?

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Got medical received and medical passed yesterday.
Timeline:
App received Dec 23
AOR: Jan 14
BIL: Jan 25
Med request: Jan 27
SA: Jan 28
File transfer to Mississauga Jan 30
File received in Mississauga approx Jan 5
Medical completed: Feb 12
Medical passed Feb 25

Hoping for AOR2 soon!

chowdharyh

Jan 9, 2018
Wow. I have the same dates like you. I guess the special courier didn’t deliver yet

chowdharyh

Jan 9, 2018
No she doesn’t have to return to her home country when she receives her PPR. She can send her passport to Ottawa.

I’m planning to visit my husband on TRV soon. I was wondering what questions the border officers will ask at the point of entry if one already has a spousal sponsorship application in progress. How did you guys do?
This is good. How can we make the TRV work while spousal application is in progress?

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
AOR 2 is considered as when it will change back to In-Process. Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully, it will change very soon.
I don't think so. Ours didn't change to "In process" at all. Ours changed to decision made after "Application received" status and we got the passport request on the same day. There were no extra lines added until "Decision made". I think it is more of choice of whose is looking at the application.

Last edited:

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017

My wife came to Canada on a TRV recently while our sponsorship PR application is under process. There were almost no questions asked. Toronto Pearson Intl. airport was our port of Entry. All she was asked was how many days is she going to be in Canada apart from the regular "what are you bringing to Canada with you etc. questions". We put the same number of days that we put in TRV application. And its all automatic. No human interaction.