+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I don't think so. Ours didn't change to "In process" at all. Ours changed to decision made after "Application received" status and we got the passport request on the same day. There were no extra lines added until "Decision made". I think it is more of choice of whose is looking at the application.
Agreed! My status just changed to "Application Received" (Mexico VO). Called CIC and they said there was no letter, so this is AOR2!

Reactions: bk0521

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
My wife came to Canada on a TRV recently while our sponsorship PR application is under process. There were almost no questions asked. Toronto Pearson Intl. airport was our port of Entry. All she was asked was how many days is she going to be in Canada apart from the regular "what are you bringing to Canada with you etc. questions". We put the same number of days that we put in TRV application. And its all automatic. No human interaction.
Thank you for the information! Did the border officer ask you the purpose of the trip? Could I just say I’m visiting my husband and spending the summer with his parents?

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Just Curious. Have you tried linking your application and failed to do so.? Please share the details of what you have tried. May be someone on the forum could help you link the application.

Cheers,
Yes, many times. Since December. I have tried all the options and followed all the steps shown by @alaria.

So I called CIC and this is what they told me:

Linking a paper application - Unable to link

You may sometimes experience difficulties trying to link your application to your online account.

Reasons why you are receiving the message there are no matches:

• Your application hasn’t been entered into our system yet.
  • The information entered doesn’t match exactly what you indicated on your application.
  • You selected an incorrect application category.
  • We are experiencing some technical issues with some applications.
You could also be experiencing difficulties because:

• An immigration representative is handling your file,
    • if you have hired a representative, only that person can access the application status (through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal),
      • if you chose to remove the representative from your file to be able to link your application, please select cancelling the appointment of a representative on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, and upload it to your account,
      • once that information is processed, you will be able to link your application.
  • Our system could be down.
Please note that you can try to link an application 5 times. If you are unsuccessful after 5 attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

Still experiencing difficulties?

After having consulted the above information, please fill out the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop-down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:

• Any error messages you received. To do this:
    • please include screenshots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
      • page preceding the error, and
      • error message.
  • All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screenshots.
  • The personal information page of your passport.
So I will be trying to send accordingly and I will update as I go and hopefully I will be able to link it!!

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Yes, many times. Since December. I have tried all the options and followed all the steps shown by @alaria.

So I called CIC and this is what they told me:

Linking a paper application - Unable to link

You may sometimes experience difficulties trying to link your application to your online account.

Reasons why you are receiving the message there are no matches:

• Your application hasn’t been entered into our system yet.
  • The information entered doesn’t match exactly what you indicated on your application.
  • You selected an incorrect application category.
  • We are experiencing some technical issues with some applications.
You could also be experiencing difficulties because:

• An immigration representative is handling your file,
    • if you have hired a representative, only that person can access the application status (through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal),
      • if you chose to remove the representative from your file to be able to link your application, please select cancelling the appointment of a representative on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, and upload it to your account,
      • once that information is processed, you will be able to link your application.
  • Our system could be down.
Please note that you can try to link an application 5 times. If you are unsuccessful after 5 attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

Still experiencing difficulties?

After having consulted the above information, please fill out the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop-down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:

• Any error messages youreceived. To do this:
    • please include screenshots showingthe full browser window, including the website address field of the:
      • page preceding the error, and
      • error message.
  • All the answers providedwhile trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screenshots.
  • The personal information page of your passport.
So I will be trying to send accordingly and I will update as I go and hopefully I will be able to link it!!
Thanks for providing the details. I experienced the same last month and unfortunately the CIC agents were not of much help. I would suggest since you may have already received the AOR (with your spouse's UCI and application number). Give it a try with the UCI and Application number, Passport number and Date of Birth.
For the number of applicants fill 2 if it is only you and your spouse (and no dependents).

This would only work if you do not have a representative assigned for your application.

Lets give it a try and hopefully you will be able to link the application. I would suggest to use an excel spreadsheet to keep a track of information that you use and did not work for you. This way you will ensure you are not using the same information over and over again.

Good Luck.!

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Thanks for providing the details. I experienced the same last month and unfortunately the CIC agents were not of much help. I would suggest since you may have already received the AOR (with your spouse's UCI and application number). Give it a try with the UCI and Application number, Passport number and Date of Birth.
For the number of applicants fill 2 if it is only you and your spouse (and no dependents).

This would only work if you do not have a representative assigned for your application.

Lets give it a try and hopefully you will be able to link the application. I would suggest to use an excel spreadsheet to keep a track of information that you use and did not work for you. This way you will ensure you are not using the same information over and over again.

Good Luck.!
I did try with the PA's UCI and Application number and all the options availableo_O but to no avail. I have sent a web form asking for technical help. Let me see what they will get back to me. We are 4 (1 SA, 1 PA and 2 Dependents ) so that is the number I put in.
Fingers crossed that something will work and I shall keep the forum updated.

Jan 9, 2020
You can send her passport to Ottawa. I did the same for my wife.
No she doesn’t have to return to her home country when she receives her PPR. She can send her passport to Ottawa.

I’m planning to visit my husband on TRV soon. I was wondering what questions the border officers will ask at the point of entry if one already has a spousal sponsorship application in progress. How did you guys do?

Thanks for reply.
mlei9569 - I landed back with her and since I gave both the passports together. he just asked if it is her first visit to Canada thats it.

Yuvahrk,
Thanks for the reply

Did you had to do anything before sending the passport or did you add any document with the passport? I remember for the TRV application she had to send it locally in the country she applied that's what the passport request letter said.

Thank you

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
It could easily take 20-25 Days for NDVO to acknowledge the receipt of arrival. and update the ECAS.
If the PA side still showing you In-Process, wait for it to change it to Application received and then back to In-progress (that will be considered as AOR2).

Then the waiting game starts.
Thank you for your reply! But when I called IRCC and spok8to Agent he told me after he checked that he can see my file is still at Sydney and will transfer to NDVO. My question here if it's still at Sydney si how come I have received that email which said now follow has moved to NDVO?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I don't think so. Ours didn't change to "In process" at all. Ours changed to decision made after "Application received" status and we got the passport request on the same day. There were no extra lines added until "Decision made". I think it is more of choice of whose is looking at the application.
I hope the same for all that got moved to Mississauga. Quick decision and PPRs

Reactions: Diamond David

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thank you for your reply! But when I called IRCC and spok8to Agent he told me after he checked that he can see my file is still at Sydney and will transfer to NDVO. My question here if it's still at Sydney si how come I have received that email which said now follow has moved to NDVO?
System-generated generic email

chowdharyh

Jan 9, 2018
Congratulations! What was your timeline?

Reactions: Diamond David

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for reply.
mlei9569 - I landed back with her and since I gave both the passports together. he just asked if it is her first visit to Canada thats it.

Yuvahrk,
Thanks for the reply

Did you had to do anything before sending the passport or did you add any document with the passport? I remember for the TRV application she had to send it locally in the country she applied that's what the passport request letter said.

Thank you
You'll have to notify your visa office of a change of address with a Canadian address.