+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
My wife came to Canada on a TRV recently while our sponsorship PR application is under process. There were almost no questions asked. Toronto Pearson Intl. airport was our port of Entry. All she was asked was how many days is she going to be in Canada apart from the regular "what are you bringing to Canada with you etc. questions". We put the same number of days that we put in TRV application. And its all automatic. No human interaction.
Lucky you and your wife as Most of the time TRV they are not approving when PR is under processing. What magic she did to get TRV? Please kindly share here? I mean how and what she had submitted? Thanks

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Thank you for the information! Did the border officer ask you the purpose of the trip? Could I just say I’m visiting my husband and spending the summer with his parents?
No. They didn't ask us any questions. Just looked at the receipt that was printed at the automatic visa verification machine (or whatever it is called) and that's it.
I think, yes, you can say that you are visiting your husband and spending time with him and his parents.

Last edited:

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Yuvahrk,
Thanks for the reply

Did you had to do anything before sending the passport or did you add any document with the passport? I remember for the TRV application she had to send it locally in the country she applied that's what the passport request letter said.

Thank you
There were two options/ways to submit the passport. Either to the local visa office /visa application center or if the person is already in Canada and is going to be here for at least next 3 months then to the CPC - Ottawa. So, I opted the second as my wife is going to be here for the next 3 months at least. I included the letter we received as well as instructed in the letter. And a Canada post return label as well. You will see the instructions when you get the letter. Don't worry, they were very clear.

Reactions: Edmontonalberta

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Lucky you and your wife as Most of the time TRV they are not approving when PR is under processing. What magic she did to get TRV? Please kindly share here? I mean how and what she had submitted? Thanks
We only submitted what asked for in the application package online. And the letters, one from my side and another from her side, explaining why we need visit visa. In about 2 weeks after submitting the application online we got the passport request.

Last edited:

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
You'll have to notify your visa office of a change of address with a Canadian address.
I'd say no. As long as there is someone to receive any communication/letters from IRCC on your behalf you should be fine. Imagine you are travelling and on a vacation for a couple of weeks or a month. Would you update your address with the place where you are, you wouldn't, right?

In our case, I took the same assumption. My wife came here on visiting visa so technically she is a tourist here. She wouldn't have to update her address with the Canadian address. She is still a resident of her place but just not present in person at that place right now.

Yes, I understand if it is more than say 6 months, she certainly would have to update her address.

I could be wrong. Correct me I'm wrong but that's what I assumed.

I sent her passport out to Ottawa and still waiting. If you are correct then I might get a notice/letter requesting for her Canadian address. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlei9569

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I'd say no. As long as there is someone to receive any communication/letters from IRCC on your behalf you should be fine. Imagine you are travelling and on a vacation for a couple of weeks or a month. Would you update your address with the place where you are, you wouldn't, right?

In our case, I took the same assumption. My wife came here on visiting visa so technically she is a tourist here. She wouldn't have to update her address with the Canadian address. She is still a resident of her place but just not present in person at that place right now.

Yes, I understand if it is more than say 6 months, she certainly would have to update her address.

I sent her passport out to Ottawa and still waiting. If you are correct then I might get a notice/letter requesting for her Canadian address. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.
I would update my postal address to my husband’s Canadian address while my home address reminds the same and upload a designation form. It’s just how I would prefer to approach it.

I’m sure it’s going to be good news from Ottawa. Good luck. You’re at the very end of the process.

Reactions: yuvahrk
Jan 9, 2020
There were two options/ways to submit the passport. Either to the local visa office /visa application center or if the person is already in Canada and is going to be here for at least next 3 months then to the CPC - Ottawa. So, I opted the second as my wife is going to be here for the next 3 months at least. I included the letter we received as well as instructed in the letter. And a Canada post return label as well. You will see the instructions when you get the letter. Don't worry, they were very clear.
Thanks for your reply.

Let us know when you receive the passport back.

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
I would update my postal address to my husband’s Canadian address while my home address reminds the same and upload a designation form. It’s just how I would prefer to approach it.

I’m sure it’s going to be good news from Ottawa. Good luck. You’re at the very end of the process.
Thank you. At this stage of the process I will wait to see what they say/ask.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
But if

Thanks.
But if you didn’t update her address where are they going to send her COPR? They would only have her overseas address on file and Ottawa will not send overseas. And even if they did it wouldn’t help as she would be in Canada.

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
We only submitted what asked for in the application package online. And the letters, one from my side and another from her side, explaining why we need visit visa. In about 2 weeks after submitting the application online we got the passport request.
Thank you so much for your kind reply! congratulations to you both! stay blessed

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

As I was throwing away some old documents and reprints from filling out the application, i realized i made an error on form IMM 5532. Where they ask the dates of when close friends or family met Sponsor or PA, i put the wrong year for three, i put 2019 instead of 2018, the rest of the date is correct. Would this be a big issue and if so, how can I fix it?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

As I was throwing away some old documents and reprints from filling out the application, i realized i made an error on form IMM 5532. Where they ask the dates of when close friends or family met Sponsor or PA, i put the wrong year for three, i put 2019 instead of 2018, the rest of the date is correct. Would this be a big issue and if so, how can I fix it?
Probably not a big issue but it would be best if you sent a web form explaining that you made an error. Will show them that you are being totally honest with them.