+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
It looks like for online only, so does that mean they will processing paper applications that were already sent in?
I think paper applications that were already sent in would be processed especially online linked applications. IRCC might not accept any outstanding paper documents from anyone now probably accept sent in document by webform.

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
Looks like they only have started for Online. Paper applications continue to be on hold. We can definitely ask for a clarification on the same.

"Paper applications for visitor visas, study permits and work permits will not be processed until further notice."

I think paper applications that were already sent in would be processed especially online linked applications. IRCC might not accept any outstanding paper documents from anyone now probably accept sent in document by webform.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Looks like they only have started for Online. Paper applications continue to be on hold. We can definitely ask for a clarification on the same.

"Paper applications for visitor visas, study permits and work permits will not be processed until further notice."
Let's see in couple of weeks because also says:
IRCC also continues to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible. Paper applications for visitor visas, study permits and work permits will not be processed until further notice
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/ircc-resumes-processing-1-july-2020.html

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I seen the message on my application changed at the top. It used to say, 'you may not hear from us in a while, this is normal', now it says

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Is this a sign that things are progressing, or a normal thing when there is 5 months left in processing?

miosky

Jul 1, 2020
It looks like any paper applications for work permits that haven't been fully processed will not be processed at all, for how long who knows. I'm guessing that PR+OWP applicants will have to wait until PR is approved in order to be able to work.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
It looks like any paper applications for work permits that haven't been fully processed will not be processed at all, for how long who knows. I'm guessing that PR+OWP applicants will have to wait until PR is approved in order to be able to work.
Wow, absolutely unreal. I hope that we all get our money back for OWP.

miosky

Jul 1, 2020
I'm hoping that I am wrong, maybe they will make an exception for OWPs since they are technically part of PR applications, which continue to be processed. Or maybe they simply won't be processing OWP paper applications that arrive after July 1. Fingers crossed

Reactions: hiwilley

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Wow, absolutely unreal. I hope that we all get our money back for OWP.
I don't think this has been fully explained yet, as the sponsorship PR is and always has been a pilot and therefore a grey area. Several people are trying to get confirmation on whether or not it affects the spousal OWP.

Reactions: hiwilley

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I seen the message on my application changed at the top. It used to say, 'you may not hear from us in a while, this is normal', now it says

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Is this a sign that things are progressing, or a normal thing when there is 5 months left in processing?
Mine changed the exact same way at exactly 5 months so I am guessing this is normal for the 5 month mark

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Mine changed the exact same way at exactly 5 months so I am guessing this is normal for the 5 month mark
Hi ! Ours changed to that message before the 5 month mark.

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
Wanted to share some info around this update: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/ircc-resumes-processing-1-july-2020.html

I called IRCC today and asked whether the OWP submitted with the Inland PR App was considered a paper work permit application and, thus, is not being processed. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back to say that Inland OWPs are considered part of the Permanent Residence application, NOT a separate paper work permit application. Therefore, they would fall under this part of the IRCC's update:

"IRCC also continues to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications, to the extent possible. Paper applications for visitor visas, study permits and work permits will not be processed until further notice."

Now, we still have no idea what "to the extent possible" means, and IRCC call centre agents don't always have the right info, but this is what I was able to get.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
A January 24th, 2020 applicant OWP has been approved today. You can confirm on January thread. We are hoping to get ours soonish

Last edited: