+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Hi,

Even I got an email today for biometric fee reminder though I have paid the biometric fee along with inland pr and OWP fee but with a separate receipt for biometric fee. As you mentioned the email tells to disregard if the payment has been already made. I am little confused now as how to proceed next.

It will be helpful if anybody here can confirm that this is just an informational email or if someone haven't got such a reminder email for biometric fee but still got the OWP approved.

Regards,
Venkat
Would suggest to drop an email to them and ask for reasons u are receiving this email. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp I just did the same.

omt26

May 26, 2020
I also received this same email today, I think it's safe to assume it was just a reminder email to all that have applied. However for those that have contacted them, please do let us know when you hear back!

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
I also received this same email today, I think it's safe to assume it was just a reminder email to all that have applied. However for those that have contacted them, please do let us know when you hear back!
Sure will let everyone know once I get a response.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
I used the link and posted my query which is kind of a mail sent to them by their system. Should get a response in 10 days.
Thanks for the update, do let us know if you get any response. I am wondering if we can attach the biometric fee receipt again in the query or will it cause any confusion at their end as the receipt was already attached during the initial submission.

Regards,
Venkat

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for the update, do let us know if you get any response. I am wondering if we can attach the biometric fee receipt again in the query or will it cause any confusion at their end as the receipt was already attached during the initial submission.

Regards,
Venkat
Yes, u can. I did the same. Once you proceed with the query before submitting it will ask to attach any documents.

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
Hello guys, I received an email about "Biometrics Fee" today, June 17. It does say to disregard if I have already paid it. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if I did or did not include it. I can remember I paid for Sponsorship, PR and OWP but I can't remember if I paid for Biometrics. I logged in my account to check my receipt and the total is $1,380.00 CAD but there is no breakdown. Is there a way to check if it's already paid or not?

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
Hello,

I also received that email this morning. I believe I paid everything up front as the total on my receipt was $1380 ($1040 for PR app, $255 for work permit, and $85 for biometrics). It says that if I already paid it that I should disregard the email. I’m just nervous about it because I don’t want to miss a payment and delay the process even more!

Application Received: January 6, 2020
Hello Jen, I also received the same email on June 17. My problem is, I cannot remember if I paid for biometrics but I did pay a total of $1,380 like you did. I just sent an email inquiry to them, asking if there is a way to confirm if it's already paid or not. On one hand, I don't want any more delay... on the other, I am worried that if I pay again, it might cause some confusion on their part which might also cause another delay.

Trinikid868

Oct 2, 2019
This situation is affecting me very badly ....what do they expect us men to do if we are the ones being sponsored...what do they expect us to do?? sit home and allow our wives to take care of us for eternity??? we are men!!! this is inhumane. I am respecting the lockdown, but how hard cud it be to come up with safety measurements in place, so they can continue working on our applications...this just seems like people are being paid to stay quiet

• Angry
Reactions: abeagomez

Trinikid868

Oct 2, 2019
what happens after submitting my biometrics payment? I applied for SOWP. How long does it takes for me to get my work permit after?

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
Hi,

Did anyone here who had their OWP approved got an email for biometric fee and if so is it before or after approval?

Regards,
Venkat

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
what happens after submitting my biometrics payment? I applied for SOWP. How long does it takes for me to get my work permit after?
You don't need bio to get OWP. You do need for Perm Res. The problem is they basically have stopped processing all apps except a very few speckled here and there. There focus is on apps for Canadians returning home, essential services and refugees. It really doesn't make much sense. We are all very frustrated I know I am and have been for sometime. Some of us are on implied status and have no idea when or if they will approve OWP, or visitor extension etc. I just hope that with all this craziness we will all be approved to stay with our loved ones.