+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
This situation is affecting me very badly ....what do they expect us men to do if we are the ones being sponsored...what do they expect us to do?? sit home and allow our wives to take care of us for eternity??? we are men!!! this is inhumane. I am respecting the lockdown, but how hard cud it be to come up with safety measurements in place, so they can continue working on our applications...this just seems like people are being paid to stay quiet
I share your frustration. The only thing I'd suggest is to have your wife email your MP, as well as the Minister of Immigration Marco Mendicino (Minister@cic.gc.ca) to express your concern and ask for something to be done.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
This situation is affecting me very badly ....what do they expect us men to do if we are the ones being sponsored...what do they expect us to do?? sit home and allow our wives to take care of us for eternity??? we are men!!! this is inhumane. I am respecting the lockdown, but how hard cud it be to come up with safety measurements in place, so they can continue working on our applications...this just seems like people are being paid to stay quiet
It's 2020, nothing wrong with women being the bread winner, I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband, and I make way more money than he does, in fact, he is unemployed now due to COVID and I am the only income in the house, he doesn't feel less of a man because of it, and I don't see him as less either, if your wife can support you during these times, there is no need for you to feel bad about it, just my two cents

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hello Jen, I also received the same email on June 17. My problem is, I cannot remember if I paid for biometrics but I did pay a total of $1,380 like you did. I just sent an email inquiry to them, asking if there is a way to confirm if it's already paid or not. On one hand, I don't want any more delay... on the other, I am worried that if I pay again, it might cause some confusion on their part which might also cause another delay.
I completely understand because I too have been second guessing myself if it was already paid or not. I believe I did and think that I have the right price for everything (but it was 6 months ago!) I really wish the receipt broke down all of the payment information.

Cal225

Jun 22, 2020
Waiting on any info on owp, aor of Dec 6th.
Is it of any value to try and call Mississauga office about the owp? Or would i just get a scripted response?

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Waiting on any info on owp, aor of Dec 6th.
Is it of any value to try and call Mississauga office about the owp? Or would i just get a scripted response?
Nope you will get no information and most probably get scripted response that they are still processing your application and a decision is still pending.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
January inland spousal applicants started receiving biometrics instructions letter this week. Two people just confirmed receipts. Maybe biometrics services in Canada might reopen soon. Did any December applicant (up from December 4th) receive biometrics instructions letter or OWP?

Last edited:

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
January inland spousal applicants started receiving biometrics instructions letter this week. Two people just confirmed receipts. Maybe biometrics services in Canada might reopen soon. Did any December applicant (up from December 4th) receive biometrics instructions letter or OWP?
Nothing didn't hear from them. Looks like they are skipping dec files and moving to Jan files to be compliant internally.

Reactions: hiwilley

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
I completely understand because I too have been second guessing myself if it was already paid or not. I believe I did and think that I have the right price for everything (but it was 6 months ago!) I really wish the receipt broke down all of the payment information.
I emailed them asking if my payment included the biometrics fee, explaining I don't want to overpay and cause delays (I provided the receipt number and total amount paid $1,380.) After a while they finally replied to confirm it, sort of. This is the reply:

"We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the receipt number R4########, including biometrics fee, was received by the responsible office."

Trinikid868

Oct 2, 2019
It's 2020, nothing wrong with women being the bread winner, I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband, and I make way more money than he does, in fact, he is unemployed now due to COVID and I am the only income in the house, he doesn't feel less of a man because of it, and I don't see him as less either, if your wife can support you during these times, there is no need for you to feel bad about it, just my two cents

I understand what you are saying, but this has nothing to do with being a bread winner, you ignored what I said to create your own thesis....once again I said being a man involves being active and working, it's what 'men do. Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: abeagomez

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I understand feelings of restlessness, or feeling powerless because you cannot contribute to your household in the way that you want. It's really hard not knowing when you can feel secure in your status and help support your family.

For me, there are a few things that help me not to dwell on what is out of my control.

1) Remember that we are among the lucky ones. There are so many people who are applying outland or are otherwise still separated from their spouses. They likely wish more than anything that they had the problem of being restless at home with their spouse. I know that "other people have it worse" isn't the most comforting response, but the aim of family sponsorship is to be with your loved one, and if you are in Canada right now with your spouse that's a great thing. Strive to be happy that you are with your family, even under circumstances that can and will improve.

2) I try to do what I can to improve myself...anything that I put off when I was working by thinking that I didn't have enough time. It can be exercising, reading, fixing up things around the house, or making the first steps towards learning a new language or skill. There are limitless free resources online for learning or exploring interests, you need only look.