+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

abally

Dec 9, 2019
Hi guys, I was on PGWP when I applied for Inland Spousal Application. I applied to extend for an open work permit in January before it expired last May. Decision has not been made yet but my questions are:
1. Since it's PGWP (that says open work permit), am I considered on implied status and can I still continue working?
2. Should I have applied for a new open work permit instead of extending it?

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
It says the IRCC said they are processing applications receipt before February mine was received in December.
When they say application recieved before February do they mean the AOR or the application they received from us in mail. Any idea, folks?
Regards,
Venkat

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well, your AOR will say when your application was received. If the AOR says before February, maybe they're processing it, but I honestly don't know if that means anything anymore.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, ¿Has anyone applied for a TRV tourist visa after applying for family sponsorship and was accepted for the TRV visa after COVI-19 ?????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, ¿Has anyone applied for a TRV tourist visa after applying for family sponsorship and was accepted for the TRV visa after COVI-19 ?????
It is difficult to get but not impossible. Would look at the visitor section. It is unclear if they are making it easier to get TRVs for spouses who are in the process of sponsorship.

Reactions: KATHIA08

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys got a question, please I will appreciate your kind advise.

When my Sponsorship application was received by IRCC in December 31st, 2019, I didn't receive AOR but was able to link my PR and OWP February, 2020. Even when I check my application status, it specifies the actual date my application was received. I passed my upfront medical exam April, 2020. App progress 54%

Any need to still request for AOR?
Please respond. Thank you so much

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Hi guys got a question, please I will appreciate your kind advise.

When my Sponsorship application was received by IRCC in December 31st, 2019, I didn't receive AOR but was able to link my PR and OWP February, 2020. Even when I check my application status, it specifies the actual date my application was received. I passed my upfront medical exam April, 2020. App progress 54%

Any need to still request for AOR?
Please respond. Thank you so much
Nope, your AOR is basically the date the have listed in the portal.

Reactions: hiwilley