+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to mention that I went ahead and got my medical exam done before receiving the request. I live in New Brunswick and I was able to get an appointment and get my medical exams done in 2 days. I was told that results will be sent to IRCC in 2 weeks.

I decided not to wait any longer for the medical exam request from IRCC because there is no indication whatsoever as to when they might start sending these requests out again, and my husband and I are trying for a baby. If I get pregnant, then I will not be able to do the chest x-ray portion of the exam and my spousal sponsorship application will be put on hold until I get that bit done, which would be another year of "waiting". I paid about $400 for the full exam instead of $600 because I have Medicare (NB's healthcare).

Best of luck to all!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to mention that I went ahead and got my medical exam done before receiving the request. I live in New Brunswick and I was able to get an appointment and get my medical exams done in 2 days. I was told that results will be sent to IRCC in 2 weeks.

I decided not to wait any longer for the medical exam request from IRCC because there is no indication whatsoever as to when they might start sending these requests out again, and my husband and I are trying for a baby. If I get pregnant, then I will not be able to do the chest x-ray portion of the exam and my spousal sponsorship application will be put on hold until I get that bit done, which would be another year of "waiting". I paid about $400 for the full exam instead of $600 because I have Medicare (NB's healthcare).

Best of luck to all!
Do you have a medical application number that the doctor is using to send to IRCC or are you just hoping that it will somehow work?

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Do you have a medical application number that the doctor is using to send to IRCC or are you just hoping that it will somehow work?
I explained my situation and why I want to get my medical exams done now rather than wait. My doctor assured me that it's fine and that I don't have to wait to receive the request. They can simply upload my results through their system as soon as the clinic has the information back from the hospital.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I explained my situation and why I want to get my medical exams done now rather than wait. My doctor assured me that it's fine and that I don't have to wait to receive the request. They can simply upload my results through their system as soon as the clinic has the information back from the hospital.
Okay. Did you give them *any* information about your application, like an application number or the like? In the past we've heard that they can't upload the results without an IME number.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Okay. Did you give them *any* information about your application, like an application number or the like? In the past we've heard that they can't upload the results without an IME number.
Nope, I even asked if they needed my application number or my UCI and they said that there’s no need. My personal information, along with my passport and ID, are enough to upload me in the system.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Nope, I even asked if they needed my application number or my UCI and they said that there’s no need. My personal information, along with my passport and ID, are enough to upload me in the system.
Fingers crossed then! It's been years of hearing the exact opposite - that without an IME they can't upload.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
Hey all - another update: it looks like they've just announced today that temporary residence applications are now EXEMPT from biometrics due to COVID-19.

There has been a lot of speculation that this is what has been holding up OWP's, as the requirement for biometrics for work permits only came into law on December 3, 2019. It would explain why OWPs were being processed during the pandemic (albeit at a slower pace) up until early December applications, where they stopped.

Hopefully this means they will start approving OWPs for December/January applicants again.

Link to the IRCC page where they mention this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#canada

Reactions: abhijeets13

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
I am a little disappointed to see they held the OWP issuance for Biometrics. All OWP applicants will give biometrics anyways for the PR approval. Do not make much sense to me. The wait has turned into a misery.

Hey all - another update: it looks like they've just announced today that temporary residence applications are now EXEMPT from biometrics due to COVID-19.

There has been a lot of speculation that this is what has been holding up OWP's, as the requirement for biometrics for work permits only came into law on December 3, 2019. It would explain why OWPs were being processed during the pandemic (albeit at a slower pace) up until early December applications, where they stopped.

Hopefully this means they will start approving OWPs for December/January applicants again.

Link to the IRCC page where they mention this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#canada

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, what happens if we have a sponsorship the wife outside of Canada and comes with visit with TRV and stay canada having an sponsorship process outside? Does anyone have any opinion if it can be changed while in Canada with TRV?

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Hello, what happens if we have a sponsorship the wife outside of Canada and comes with visit with TRV and stay canada having an sponsorship process outside? Does anyone have any opinion if it can be changed while in Canada with TRV?
My understanding is you have to fully resubmit as an inland applicant. With the Open Work Permit, and the potential for another year of waiting, it might be worth it. I am in the same boat, about to be coming in the next 60 days. Honestly, it might even be better to wait until the new year. The had a bid out to put the entire process online so no paperwork was physically present and if a pandemic hit again nothing would slow down immigration.

Reactions: KATHIA08

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I am a little disappointed to see they held the OWP issuance for Biometrics. All OWP applicants will give biometrics anyways for the PR approval. Do not make much sense to me. The wait has turned into a misery.
There is no confirmation that they have held OWPs for biometrics. This is a rumour going around, and it's not even clear that biometrics would have been required for the OWP.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
There is no confirmation that they have held OWPs for biometrics. This is a rumour going around, and it's not even clear that biometrics would have been required for the OWP.
That's true, biometric is not mandatory for OWP as far as i know and we have seen cases where owp got approved for January applicants without having biometric done.
Regards,
Venkat

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am applying for the family class sponsorship and I am now trying to obtain the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from India. BLS has asked me to provide an invitation letter or documentary proof of applying for residential status. Since I am applying under Family class (Common-Law) I don't have an invitation letter. What to do? I don't have a marriage certificate as I am in a Common law relationship. Please suggest

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
[QUOTE = "Awquin, publicación: 8722346, miembro: 980903"]
Según tengo entendido, debe volver a presentarlo como solicitante interno. Con el Permiso de trabajo abierto, y la posibilidad de otro año de espera, podría valer la pena. Estoy en el mismo barco, a punto de llegar en los próximos 60 días. Honestamente, incluso podría ser mejor esperar hasta el año nuevo. Hicieron una oferta para poner todo el proceso en línea para que no hubiera papeleo físicamente y si una pandemia golpeara nuevamente, nada detendría la inmigración.
[/CITAR]
Sería lo mejor y tenían que hacer antes, que todas las aplicaciones estén en línea y si necesitan documentos de prueba, eso se debe a escanear el mismo