+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Were you able to link it just with your last name and the PA's place of birth/passport info? Or whereabouts did you link it? I'm having a hard time linking mine, I just want to know if it's not in the system yet or I'm making a mistake haha
I used my UCI number(from my work permit), last name and passport details. My spouse received an email that an application has been sent for her to sponsor me. That was my clue to add the application. I haven't received any email yet.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I used my UCI number(from my work permit), last name and passport details. My spouse received an email that an application has been sent for her to sponsor me. That was my clue to add the application. I haven't received any email yet.
Oh okay, thank you. We don't have a work permit for my husband yet so no numbers to track it by. Hopefully AOR comes soon so we can track our App as well

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Oh okay, thank you. We don't have a work permit for my husband yet so no numbers to track it by. Hopefully AOR comes soon so we can track our App as well
Another key information - In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).

Reactions: sbandnd

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
Reactions: dhillon

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
I've sent in my Sponsorship application for my wife, along with her PR application and Open Work Permit all in one envelope as advised by CIC.

Sent from courier: December 12, 2019
Received: December 13, 2020
Official AOC: February 12, 2020 (61 days)

I checked my applications status as sponsor via: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
It says my Sponsorship is in process and PR is in process... however there is no mention of the Open Work Permit. What does this mean? has anyone experienced the same thing? We are both looking forward for the OWP so she can go back to work. Her Temporary WP will expire March 13. I'm curious what this would mean legally if she continues to work or just quit while waiting for OWP.

Franny1980

Feb 5, 2020
Got my OAR yesterday ( Feb 12) application received Dec 16, does anyone knows if there is a way to see the status of my work permit request?

abally

Dec 9, 2019
I've sent in my Sponsorship application for my wife, along with her PR application and Open Work Permit all in one envelope as advised by CIC.

Sent from courier: December 12, 2019
Received: December 13, 2020
Official AOC: February 12, 2020 (61 days)

I checked my applications status as sponsor via: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
It says my Sponsorship is in process and PR is in process... however there is no mention of the Open Work Permit. What does this mean? has anyone experienced the same thing? We are both looking forward for the OWP so she can go back to work. Her Temporary WP will expire March 13. I'm curious what this would mean legally if she continues to work or just quit while waiting for OWP.
Hi, I believe your wife can keep working even if her OWP expires for as long as you have already submitted her application for extension. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?
Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until we decide on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:
If you applied for another work permit
  • You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until we decide on your application.
If you applied for a different kind of permit
  • You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
Hi, I believe your wife can keep working even if her OWP expires for as long as you have already submitted her application for extension. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?
Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until we decide on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:
If you applied for another work permit
  • You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until we decide on your application.
If you applied for a different kind of permit
  • You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.
Hello Abally,

Thank you so much! I totally forgot about the implied status thing. This happened to me before when I was processing my PR but it was a long time ago. haha. Thank you for information. Much appreciated!

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Got email requesting biometrics fee to be paid. Well at least I know they are reading the application :)
Hey, when you paid the fees how did you show proof of payment. Our lawyer wants us to mail the proof of payment but I was wondering if it’s possible to send them the proof via webform. Feel like that may be faster. Please let me know. Thanks