+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
Hi Everyone
I will be grateful for any advice!

Prehistory:
Husband has Canadian citizenship , I am from Ukraine. We get married at the and of December 2019 .
I am currently living with him in Canada , I arrived by visitor visa.

We are in final stage to mail our Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. But we would like to do OWP too.

Some questions:
1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. In the website it says that OWP should be send online. Should we apply to OWP after we will send our sponsorship documents ? or send OWPp documents with PR application?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi friends, please help me with how to link my open work permit application online.

MY INLAND OWP & PR SPOUSAL APPLICATION + TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF STAY DETAILS:
My application sent: Dec 27th, 2019
Application Received: Dec 30th, 2019
AOR: I haven't received yet.
My 6 months temporary stay in Canada would expire January 5th, 2020 and I applied online for an extension on December 30th, 2019. I am currently on implied status.
My inland spousal PR application status changed yesterday February 25th, 2020 from "Application received" to "In process" and I was able to to link my PR application to my online account today February 26th, 2020.
I have an application number that starts with F000xxxxxx presumably the file number?????
Please how do I link my open work permit application online? I have tried to link it but it's saying my information could not be found. How's it filled or linked? Do I use my temporary visa information to link the Open work permit or my current marital status? Please I need help on how to link the application. I have tried many ways but I couldn't.

Last edited:

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi Everyone
I will be grateful for any advice!

Prehistory:
Husband has Canadian citizenship , I am from Ukraine. We get married at the and of December 2019 .
I am currently living with him in Canada , I arrived by visitor visa.

We are in final stage to mail our Inland-Spousal sponsorship package. But we would like to do OWP too.

Some questions:
1. To submit OWP with PR application, what are the other documents need to submit? is it just IMM5710 application form? Should we include OWP Checklist? Or what are the supporting documents we should include?
2. In the website it says that OWP should be send online. Should we apply to OWP after we will send our sponsorship documents ? or send OWPp documents with PR application?
Hi @UkraineOlga

I got married middle of December also. My wife is a Canadian citizen.
I did my OWP application with my Spousal PR application. Make sure you include the open work permit checklist and also check it according to what's applicable to you. Include your marriage certificate, your international passport and that of your husband. That was what I included. Just shove the open work permit documents in its checklist and place it right after the spousal sponsorship checklist followed by the payment receipts, bar codes, then the open work permit form IMM5710, then followed by the other spousal sponsorship forms with its accompanying documents. Please you and husband should not forget to sign and put down dates of all your forms making sure all are validated well accurately. Also be sure you paid all required payments because these are stuff that could cause return of your application to you.
My applications was not returned and the status is "In process". I have linked my PR and now I am only trying to link my OWP if you see my post up there.
Hope these helps you!

Last edited:
Reactions: UkraineOlga

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
Hi @UkraineOlga

I got married middle of December also. My wife is a Canadian citizen.
I did my OWP application with my Spousal PR application. Make sure you include the open work permit checklist and also check it according to what's applicable to you. Include your marriage certificate, your international passport and that of your husband. That was what I included. Just shove the open work permit documents in its checklist and place it right after the spousal sponsorship checklist followed by the payment receipts, bar codes, then the open work permit form IMM5710, then followed by the other spousal sponsorship forms with its accompanying documents. Please you and husband should not forget to sign and put down dates of all your forms making sure all are validated well accurately. Also be sure you paid all required payments because these are stuff that could cause return of your application to you.
My applications was not returned and the status is "In process". I have linked my PR and now I am only trying to link my OWP if you see my post up there.
Hope these helps you!
Thank you very much for the information.
I have a question about form IMM5710 - in the section "Details of intended work in Canada" in line 'Details of my prospective employer: Name of Employer, Address of Employer' what I should text there? I do not have offer , should I leave those fields empty?

ENGWootton

Jan 1, 2020
Hi friends, please help me with how to link my open work permit application online.

MY INLAND OWP & PR SPOUSAL APPLICATION + TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF STAY DETAILS:
My application sent: Dec 27th, 2019
Application Received: Dec 30th, 2019
AOR: I haven't received yet.
My 6 months temporary stay in Canada would expire January 5th, 2020 and I applied online for an extension on December 30th, 2019. I am currently on implied status.
My inland spousal PR application status changed yesterday January 25th, 2020 from "Application received" to "In process" and I was able to to link my PR application to my online account today December 26th, 2020.
I have an application number that starts with F000xxxxxx presumably the file number?????
Please how do I link my open work permit application online? I have tried to link it but it's saying my information could not be found. How's it filled or linked? Do I use my temporary visa information to link the Open work permit or my current marital status? Please I need help on how to link the application. I have tried many ways but I couldn't.
Hi Willey,

I hope you are well.

Can I confirm that you received an email today from IRCC letting you know that you got AOR? If not, how did you manage to link your app to your online account?

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Regards

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi @ENGWootton I am well. Yourself???

Sorry I made some mistakes on the dates of my earlier post.
Inland spousal PR /OWP Application sent: Dec 27th, 2019
Application received: Dec 30th, 2019
I have not received any AOR yet.
So on Monday February 24th, 2020 I checked my application on CIC website and my inland Spousal PR application status was "Application received" and it changed yesterday February 25th, 2020 to "In process". I was able to link it to my online account today February 26th, 2020 and my application progress is 16% complete as indicated on my online account now. I decided to link it because I ready the threads earlier and people could link their applications when their status changes to "In process". You can check your status here
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

I am searching for the information on how to link my OWP online. That's the help I need please.

ENGWootton

Jan 1, 2020
Willey, I thought those are the dates that you meant, so it isn of no problem.

The question I was actually more concerned on getting answered is the following - How did you see your application was already on CIC when you hadn't linked it already? And supposedly your progress changed? I am slightly confused haha

Reactions: hiwilley

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you very much for the information.
I have a question about form IMM5710 - in the section "Details of intended work in Canada" in line 'Details of my prospective employer: Name of Employer, Address of Employer' what I should text there? I do not have offer , should I leave those fields empty?
I think I filled N/A because it was an initial Open work permit and I didn't have employment opportunity with LMIA yet.

Reactions: UkraineOlga

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Willey, I thought those are the dates that you meant, so it isn of no problem.

The question I was actually more concerned on getting answered is the following - How did you see your application was already on CIC when you hadn't linked it already? And supposedly your progress changed? I am slightly confused haha
@ENGWootton haaaaa
Yea that was the confusion.
I have application number like F000xxxxx supposedly the file number right???????

Then how do I link my open work permit application online please?

I need a helpful answer please.....

ENGWootton

Jan 1, 2020
When or how did you get your application number?

Please find how to link the OWP below.

This might help:
First, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
Sign in or Sign up and then Sign in with the Principal Applicants credentials (yours)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number (yours - should be the same 8 digit number on your Visitor's Visa)
Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name (yours)
Select: Passport (yours) and fill in the details
Select Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada (if you are Inland applicant; otherwise, your current country of residence)
Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
my wife got email for Biometerics fees request that i already had paid . just uploaded the same reciept again on the IRCC webform.
AOR- FEB 8 2020
inland.