+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

ajanshre

May 7, 2019
Hi - Since you submitted your application on 27th of December, you need to check on IRCC website if you were required to provide biometrics. Someone may guide you here if you can share your nationality and country of residence.

For example nationals of India who were residing in India were not required to provide biometrics if they submitted their application before 30th December.

All the best to you!
Many thanks for your quick response
Nationality: Nepalese -( Nepal)

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi there, First of all, thanks to all the contributors to this Forum. You guys have been very helpful!
I would just like to present my case here, since I am a December 2018 AOR too :).
Here is my timeline.
FSW
ITA: 28 Oct 2018
AOR: 27 Dec 2018
MEP: 8 Feb 2019.
IP1:8 Feb 2019.
Current info on Profile:
Estimated remaining processing time: 44 Day(s)
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: IRCC sent a message on Feb 8 on day of MEP, first requesting a police certificate, then on the same day my profile showed "Your Action Required". I was confused at first, as I had submitted the PCC while submitting my application post ITA, so I asked them to clarify it by sending a message on the web form, the next day they sent me another email acknowledging that it was their error, but the status on the profile still showed "Your Action Required" I decided to merge the PCC of me and my wife in a PDF file and uploaded the previously submitted PCC after which the profile showed "Submitted". I sent them an email about submitting a replacement but they sent me the same message, i.e the previously sent error acknowledgment letter.

Now, after reading through many threads in this forum, it seems that most of the applicants tend to receive the Biometrics request on the same day of the MEP date or at later dates. In my case, however, I have not received any biometrics request yet. Its been almost 3 months since MEP date. Is this the reason why the profile is not showing any progress? Is it normal? or shall I send an email via web form to IRCC regarding this matter? I am patient about the whole process, as it has not passed the standard 6 months point yet.

I am just curious about the thoughts of our fellow applicants on this forum.
I have neither called IRCC nor requested for any GCMS notes yet.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!
PS: I have travelled to 11 countries prior to submitting my ITA over a period of last 7 years but have only lived over 6 months or more in 2 countries only for which I have provided my multiple PCC.

Cheers AJ
Very clear. I suggest you get in touch with IRCC through the web form and inform them about the Biometrics. As you said it should be requested and completed in the IP1 phase with medicals. But before that, please check if applicants from your country are requested to do biometrics in December 2018 because some countries were exempted of Bio until 2019.

Reactions: ajanshre

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi there, First of all, thanks to all the contributors to this Forum. You guys have been very helpful!
I would just like to present my case here, since I am a December 2018 AOR too :).
Here is my timeline.
FSW
ITA: 28 Oct 2018
AOR: 27 Dec 2018
MEP: 8 Feb 2019.
IP1:8 Feb 2019.
Current info on Profile:
Estimated remaining processing time: 44 Day(s)
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: IRCC sent a message on Feb 8 on day of MEP, first requesting a police certificate, then on the same day my profile showed "Your Action Required". I was confused at first, as I had submitted the PCC while submitting my application post ITA, so I asked them to clarify it by sending a message on the web form, the next day they sent me another email acknowledging that it was their error, but the status on the profile still showed "Your Action Required" I decided to merge the PCC of me and my wife in a PDF file and uploaded the previously submitted PCC after which the profile showed "Submitted". I sent them an email about submitting a replacement but they sent me the same message, i.e the previously sent error acknowledgment letter.

Now, after reading through many threads in this forum, it seems that most of the applicants tend to receive the Biometrics request on the same day of the MEP date or at later dates. In my case, however, I have not received any biometrics request yet. Its been almost 3 months since MEP date. Is this the reason why the profile is not showing any progress? Is it normal? or shall I send an email via web form to IRCC regarding this matter? I am patient about the whole process, as it has not passed the standard 6 months point yet.

I am just curious about the thoughts of our fellow applicants on this forum.
I have neither called IRCC nor requested for any GCMS notes yet.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!
PS: I have travelled to 11 countries prior to submitting my ITA over a period of last 7 years but have only lived over 6 months or more in 2 countries only for which I have provided my multiple PCC.

Cheers AJ
Can you please update your details in the signature?

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
Haven't you received message to submit your biometrics? If not please contact IRCC via webform. Usually BCL is sent at the time of MEP. Sometimes they sent biometric requests but you don't receive it because of system problems, sometimes they don't send you the request at the time of MEP but at a later time in which case it is fine, whichever way it is just write to them and let them know that you haven't received biometrics collection letter yet.
I thought biometrics was applicable for all applications post Jan 1st only.

My application status says “We do not need your biometrics” at this moment.

raghu19

Sep 14, 2018
All,
Congrats to everyone who have received their golden mail.
I am Dec 26 AoR and waiting for RPRF. Is anyone else waiting for the same? Does it really impact the processing time? I see that everyone who is getting PPR had paid it already !! Worried :(

Reactions: Gaurav26

aninhabc19

Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys, I need your advice on something.

I ordered GCMS Notes 50 days ago, on March 25th, but I still haven't received them. The GetGCMS team suggested that I open a formal complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (ICC), but I'm afraid this complaint may cause problems in my application.

What do you think I should do? If I call IRCC, can I ask about the notes even though I ordered them through a representative? Do they normally have information about the notes?

Thanks!!

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......

I ordered GCMS Notes 50 days ago, on March 25th, but I still haven't received them. The GetGCMS team suggested that I open a formal complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (ICC), but I'm afraid this complaint may cause problems in my application.

What do you think I should do? If I call IRCC, can I ask about the notes even though I ordered them through a representative? Do they normally have information about the notes?

Thanks!!
Ask the third party to raise a complaint on your behalf. Even if you do it yourself, there is no issue with that

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
IRCC and ATIP are different entities and one can't help you with the other. You can always just call IRCC to find out about the status of your application. Sometimes, usually at the very end of processing your application, IRCC does withhold notes in the interest of time and to arrive at a decision faster.

Thanks!!

Reactions: mumbaikar88