CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Are the ghost updates still coming in or will they happen after next ITA draw date on Wed?
Ghost updates and anything else to do with the AOR to PPR process have nothing to do with ITAs. I don't even understand the question.

Reactions: derkdsou

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
Hi Guys, i am new to this forum.

Here is where my application is :

AOR: Dec 21
MEP: Feb 2

No further updates on my account post this yet from CIC

GenDent

Feb 6, 2019
Heyy guys!!
Called up last week, they said nothing started,
GCMS notes - issued march 21st - nothing started.
No ghost updates
No IP2.
AOR dec 19th
Meds 31st Jan
Straight PPR MAY 14th

I checked the profile 24hrs ago it was ip1 no ghost update, now 24hrs later its ip2 with ghost update and ppr in my inbox.
Mail received 5.38am IST

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
Heyy guys!!
Called up last week, they said nothing started,
GCMS notes - issued march 21st - nothing started.
No ghost updates
No IP2.
AOR dec 19th
Meds 31st Jan
Straight PPR MAY 14th

I checked the profile 24hrs ago it was ip1 no ghost update, now 24hrs later its ip2 with ghost update and ppr in my inbox.
Mail received 5.38am IST
Had you paid your RPRF upfront?

I hadn't done it, I just recently paid the fee few days ago :(

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi All,
I just wanted to express my thoughts on the process. I do feel quite frustrated, and I'm shocked at how mis-managed the process is.

Sometimes I think that the only reason developed countries are developed and developing countries like India have a much harder time is because developed countries have a much smaller population to take care of.

At the very least, they could have provided clear communication about the status. Many of us (me included) have received nothing since Jan.

It surely wouldn't have killed them to give 1 update once a month.

Anyway, if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry for that. Peace.

- Frustrated applicant
For those who are still waiting, hang in there, I know how you feel!
One thing that might help manage the frustration is to know that compared to the US, Canadian immigration is lightning fast.
My green card was approved over 6 years ago, and it would have taken me around 15 more years from now to get it!!!

Rayroyal

Jan 12, 2019
Hi people!
Golden mail finally here!
AOR: Dec 5th
Passed med/BIL: Jan 15th
Been in ip2 from day 1
NOC: 3113
VO: Ottawa
Country of origin: Nigeria

Thank you all for countless words of encouragement on this forum. Those yet to receive the golden mail, hang in there! Its closer than you think. To think that when I spoke with an agent last week, that security hadn't begun!! Remain positive.

Maria Jaffery

Jul 23, 2018
Pretty disappointed. Received notes today and our case is being processed at Montreal office :(
Based on my research, this office is the slowest of all in Canada and takes 7-9 months for processing any case. Except medicals, nothing has even started. Time to hibernate and check back in few months ha.
Hi, How do you find your processing office, did you raise a Webform request or GCMS note?

Reactions: Immigration_guru

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Hi All,
I just wanted to express my thoughts on the process. I do feel quite frustrated, and I'm shocked at how mis-managed the process is.

Sometimes I think that the only reason developed countries are developed and developing countries like India have a much harder time is because developed countries have a much smaller population to take care of.

At the very least, they could have provided clear communication about the status. Many of us (me included) have received nothing since Jan.

It surely wouldn't have killed them to give 1 update once a month.

Anyway, if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry for that. Peace.

- Frustrated applicant
I do understand where you are coming from, from what i read it used to be even worse when it was paper based few years ago. I assume, it is much better now. May be we can look at it from a different perspective, just to keep our spirits high, apart from Canada/Australia no other developed country is giving us a easier route (Without a job!) to become a Permanent Resident. I think the delays have increased in the last year or so, mostly due to the increase in applications and the process is yet to adapt to such volumes. It seems to be a bit messed up, with folks getting PPR just immediately after IP2 or even before IP2 in some cases, basically with no update from the date of medicals passed. My guess is it may take another year or more to stabilize. Unfortunately, we ended up applying at the wrong time. (**IP2 comment is only applicable for FSW, for other streams the timelines of statuses vary)

luzd0405

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
AOR-Dec 23, 2018
FSW-O, US (moved to China a few month after AOR)
Citizenship-China

Called the CIC in the morning and here's what I got from a very polite agent,
As of 13th May, 2019
Eligibility-met
Criminality-pass
Medical-pass
Security-not started
Info sharing-in progress
VO-CIO Sydney (primary)/Ottawa (secondary)

I asked the agent specifically whether the VO can complete processing my application within the 6-month time frame, and he told me he couldn't answer because each case is unique and processing time may vary, however, he did think that my case is in a fairly advanced stage.

Online status has been in IP2 since march 1.

I have a couple of questions, anyone care to offer some answers?
1. I see that info sharing is completed fairly early for most cases, is it normal for mine to take extra time?
2. Is there any chance for my case to be transferred to Hong Kong VO, since I moved back home to China?

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
AOR-Dec 23, 2018
Citizenship-China

As of 13th May, 2019
Eligibility-met
Criminality-pass
Medical-pass
Security-not started
Info sharing-in progress

I asked the agent specifically whether the VO can complete processing my application within the 6-month time frame, and he told me he couldn't answer because each case is unique and processing time may vary, however, he did think that my case is in a fairly advanced stage.

1. I see that info sharing is completed fairly early for most cases, is it normal for mine to take extra time?
2. Is there any chance for my case to be transferred to Hong Kong VO, since I moved back home to China?
I don't have a clear answer to your specific questions. But security usually happens towards the end and since your eligibility is met (this usually takes up most of the time), you may get the PPR soon (probably within couple of weeks)

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR-Dec 23, 2018
Citizenship-China

As of 13th May, 2019
Eligibility-met
Criminality-pass
Medical-pass
Security-not started
Info sharing-in progress

Your eligibility is met, means that the agent has recommended it pass, however it is yet to be passed by the immigration officer. Once that is done security will start which takes any time from 1-3 months. All the best