+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

aninhabc19

Jan 21, 2019
Hi Aninha,

There is no harsh in calling them, just keep the common sense to not call a lot. I've called once and the agent asked me if was my first call and I responded yes (and it was in fact). I'm Inland applicant AOR 18/12/2018, seems that is a waiting game for the majority here. Good luck to you.
Hi there, Marcio!

Waiting is getting more and more difficult, but I'm sure we'll all get positive results. I couldn't reach an agent today, so I'll try again on Monday.

Good luck to you too! Can't wait to join you and the Brazilian community in Vancouver!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Yep, Pakistani citizen. Didn't keep track besides checking my online profile for updates since it happened rather fast (3.5 months between AOR and PPR) and it usually takes a while (a friend who applied in 2016 got his in January after several interviews in AUH).
It usually takes 6-9 months for Pakistan citizens residing in Pakistan though many have received much earlier like yourself. Your friend may have been an exception to go through multiple interview process. Any idea if there was anything unusual with his/her application or circumstances?

pearl_jb

Mar 29, 2019
i just called up to enquire abut my status and the officer said that criminality check is done but the security check has not started yet.an anyone tell me the timeline from this point to receiving a ppr email???

OVIE

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
IELTS Request
21-04-2018
Hello Buddy,

I will like to use the Skype Option to make a call to sometimes next week. Can you take my through the process? or is it same with How to Call IRCC
as indicated in USProgrammer's signature?
Just download the Skype application either on your phone or pc, set up your Skype account if you don’t have one already. When all that is done and you are logged in, try placing a call through the dialer, you should see “free trial” click on it. It’s going to take you to Skype webpage where you have to select a plan and input your credit card details. This is only needed in order to activate the 1 month free trial and you can cancel any time.

As for placing the call, follow the “how to call IRCC” instruction given by @USProgrammer and @derkdsou.

I called the +16139444000 and used the options 1 1 1 and 2 1 1 0.

It’s pretty straight forward.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Hi there, Marcio!

Waiting is getting more and more difficult, but I'm sure we'll all get positive results. I couldn't reach an agent today, so I'll try again on Monday.

Good luck to you too! Can't wait to join you and the Brazilian community in Vancouver!
You gonna love it! Lots of events, the community is very active! With Spring coming through we've started the "Luaus" with guitars at Sunset Beach. I'm sure you gonna love it. If you need anything upon your arrival reach me out, I'm living here since January/2017. Best of luck to all of us!

destination_cn

Mar 28, 2019
So I called again and this time the agent asked if I ever called before. I told him that I did once and didn't get the required info. He placed me on hold but when he came back, he repeated the same thing, eligibility and background have not yet started and the application is being processed in Canada. I have decided that I won't bother them again at least via call and will wait until I get my notes or any update via the online portal.

pearl_jb

Mar 29, 2019
i just called up to enquire abut my status and the officer said that criminality check is done but the security check has not started yet.an anyone tell me the timeline from this point to receiving a ppr email???

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Entertaining post there, @Peacekeeper87! Look, I'd be the last person to say that French is easy to learn. It is a very difficult language to learn, but can we also appreciate for a minute how hard it is to learn English as a second or third language? In my humble opinion, English is the hardest language of them all to master. A lot of people may have a reasonable foundation in English because it is so ubiquitous and hard to avoid. Yet, few who learn it as a second language truly cross over to being near-native fluent in it.

If we compare the two, French is simply not as rich as English. There are sometimes only one or two ways of expressing certain things in French for, say, five or six in English, and this is because English takes from everything around it - Latin, Italian, French and German chiefly, but there are many more strong influences. It continues to grow and absorb from every language in the world and is likely the only truly dynamic language. No other language has the same level of idiomatic or lexical diversity and depth, in my opinion.

English grammar is also full of exceptions and pitfalls that stump even native speakers. It's true that learning to conjugate in any of the Romance languages is a major pain in the a$$, but a lot of people don't realize that English, too, has the subjunctive. Some examples: a) I wish I were faster than he. b) I insist that he leave my house. c) That he drink milk is necessary for him to grow. To an extent you could argue that the subjunctive and other such idiosyncrasies of the English language are dying out because of informal or incorrect use by native speakers.

As for pronunciation, English is just all over the place. Words like "four" and "dour" are not pronounced the same, nor are "low" and "cow", or "foot" and "loot" ("loot" is actually borrowed from Hindi via Sanskrit). And what about homographs (words that are spelled the same but have different meanings and pronunciations) like "bow" or "row" (noun v. verb). French, on the other hand, is more likely to have defined phonetic exceptions -- never pronouncing the 'ent' at the end of third person plural conjugations is a good example. English is wild and unruly in this sense. Scandinavians, for instance, speak near flawless English as a second language - even their accents are quite American - yet, I know few Scandinavians that wouldn't trip up on pronunciation every few sentences.

I really should stop here, but thank you for giving me the opportunity to rant about languages, hahaha! :p

The exact way to pronounce it indeed :D
Plus, the lady is obviously French by her accent.

Ain't gonna lie, French isn't an easy language.
Dedication, regularity, and exposure are necessary.
Unlike English, --which can be picked up relatively quicker than other latin-based languages as the grammar is much more straight forward-- French has many exceptions, pronouns that change completely depending on whether it's formal or informal, infinite conjugation rules, Feminine/Masculine, and is very intolerant when it comes to mispronunciations...

I think it's self-destrutive to start by trying to learn French grammar and tenses, and immediately putting it into sentences!

If you're really interested, there are many "free" French classes in Canada!
One of the ways to get started is to learn vocabulary first, and look for mirrored words, and learn those first. You'll quickly assimilate them.
In most case, it's just the pronunciation that changes. Examples:

Dentist=Dentiste
Detour=Détour
Parachute=Parachute
Card=Carte
Lamp=Lampe
Portrait=Portrait
Telephone/Phone=Téléphone
Camera=Caméra

You get the idea... ;)

And for the love of god, leave the numbers till later! Like for children, stop at 50.
Seventy is actually Sixty-Ten
Eighty is actually Four-Twenty
Ninety is Four-Twenty-Ten

Last edited:

pearl_jb

Mar 29, 2019
Once you have purchased Skype credit per my link or signed up for a month of unlimited calls (they have a free trial), just dial the 613 number and follow the prompts I laid out, 1-1-1 to get to IRCC and then 2-1-1-0 to go through the family sponsorship to get in the queue. If it says it's too busy to take the call, just call back in a few minutes until you get in the queue.

Hello,
i just called up to enquire abut my status and the officer said that criminality check is done but the security check has not started yet.Can you help me in knowing about the timeline from this point to receiving a ppr email???

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
If IRCC decides to call your place of work, they wouldn't ask for you, they'd ask for the supervisor or manager that signed off on your reference letter or ask to speak to someone in your HR department. No one knows the answers to these questions. IRCC case officers are tasked with authenticating your employment and can technically use any means necessary to do so. If your reported employment is genuine, you should not worry about this because I know you have posted about this before. Relax. Let the IRCC do their job. For all you know, they might not even call unless they want to dive into things.
Thanks so much but they have new people on phone answing and they don’t handle call properly. I called just to verify but they said the person u want to talk don’t work here. That’s why worried a lot.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Just download the Skype application either on your phone or pc, set up your Skype account if you don’t have one already. When all that is done and you are logged in, try placing a call through the dialer, you should see “free trial” click on it. It’s going to take you to Skype webpage where you have to select a plan and input your credit card details. This is only needed in order to activate the 1 month free trial and you can cancel any time.

As for placing the call, follow the “how to call IRCC” instruction given by @USProgrammer and @derkdsou.

I called the +16139444000 and used the options 1 1 1 and 2 1 1 0.

It’s pretty straight forward.
Thanks. This is very informative :)

Reactions: OVIE

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
If IRCC decides to call your place of work, they wouldn't ask for you, they'd ask for the supervisor or manager that signed off on your reference letter or ask to speak to someone in your HR department. No one knows the answers to these questions. IRCC case officers are tasked with authenticating your employment and can technically use any means necessary to do so. If your reported employment is genuine, you should not worry about this because I know you have posted about this before. Relax. Let the IRCC do their job. For all you know, they might not even call unless they want to dive into things.
Is there a pattern to how they make calls?

Suppose my company has a genuine website, it also has a facebook and twitter page. All the contact information are same on website as per the experience letter. So in this situation would they still make a phone call to authenticate the job?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
The evidence points to the fact that IRCC only chooses to authenticate those positions that have the least amount of supplementary evidence. The UK, for example, requires a minimum of two points of evidence for every employment -- not just your payroll stubs but also authentic bank statements that show matching deposits of money into your bank account. Sometimes pay stubs or other such materials are not available and IRCC actually allows for more leeway in this regard than the UK or US immigration services, in my experience.

Coming back to your question, in the case @USProgrammer and several other applicants, IRCC officers have been satisfied with the letter of reference and other supplementary evidence provided by the applicant, i.e., no calls or emails were exchanged with their employer(s). The word on the street is that IRCC checks people's social media accounts (especially LinkedIn and fbook) to confirm whether the dates and jobs there correspond to what you have reported to them. If you have provided a good reference letter with some supplementary evidence like pay stubs, bank statements, income tax statements, etc, and your jobs line up with the timeline shown on your LI/fbook profiles then I would guess IRCC is not likely to call. My eligibility went to "met" without any communication between IRCC and my employer. (I have claimed points for only one position to keep my application as simple as possible.)

Is there a pattern to how they make calls?

Suppose my company has a genuine website, it also has a facebook and twitter page. All the contact information are same on website as per the experience letter. So in this situation would they still make a phone call to authenticate the job?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
The evidence points to the fact that IRCC only chooses to authenticate those positions that have the least amount of supplementary evidence. The UK, for example, requires a minimum of two points of evidence for every employment -- not just your payroll stubs but also authentic bank statements that show matching deposits of money into your bank account. Sometimes pay stubs or other such materials are not available and IRCC actually allows for more leeway in this regard than the UK or US immigration services, in my experience.

Coming back to your question, in the case @USProgrammer and several other applicants, IRCC officers have been satisfied with the letter of reference and other supplementary evidence provided by the applicant, i.e., no calls or emails were exchanged with their employer(s). The word on the street is that IRCC checks people's social media accounts (especially LinkedIn and fbook) to confirm whether the dates and jobs there correspond to what you have reported to them. If you have provided a good reference letter with some supplementary evidence like pay stubs, bank statements, income tax statements, etc, and your jobs line up with the timeline shown on your LI/fbook profiles then I would guess IRCC is not likely to call. My eligibility went to "met" without any communication between IRCC and my employer. (I have claimed points for only one position to keep my application as simple as possible.)
Wow!! I did not know they pay attention to social media accounts. Unfortunately, I don't have LinkedIn :(

I only submitted my work experience letter but the letter mentioned my pay, job duties and responsibilities etc.

I showed a different bank account for proof of funds. I got a gift deed and had it notarized.

So is proof sufficient? Or is there something else I need to provide them?