+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

C@nadaPr

Nov 3, 2018
Is there a way to figure out when was the ghost update?
AOR December 24th, currently I have the below status:
Application/profile details

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can someone please help me. I'm in the USA, Indian citizen.

Thanks.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Is there a way to figure out when was the ghost update?
AOR December 24th, currently I have the below status:
Application/profile details

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can someone please help me. I'm in the USA, Indian citizen.

Thanks.
If I am not wrong this is IP1 Status. Next you BG Check would change to " We are processing your BG Check. We'll contact you if we need additional information" what would be IP2...

Reactions: derkdsou

C@nadaPr

Nov 3, 2018
If I am not wrong this is IP1 Status. Next you BG Check would change to " We are processing your BG Check. We'll contact you if we need additional information" what would be IP2...
Thanks for getting back, does it usually take this much time?

Others are getting the IP1 and IP2 within first two months. For me it's been more than 3 months.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for getting back, does it usually take this much time?

Others are getting the IP1 and IP2 within first two months. For me it's been more than 3 months.
There is an explanation to that, there is a post made here that demonstrates in some streams people go straight to IP2 right after medical exams, but it does not mean that the verification really started (people call as false IP2). Anyways the timelines are not linear, so I don't believe that is much to worry until we reach 120-150 days. If you want you can order your notes or even call an agent. I know that waiting sucks, but seems a normal timeline to me.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I called them on Skype. Fortunately, Skype gives 30 day free trial which is awesome. I was told my eligibility is in progress. I really don’t know what to make of that. Just have to hope for the best.
Glad it worked for you! I knew about the 30 day trial too, but the post was already pretty involved with all the pricing. I just wanted people to know there are far better options than paying their cell company international rates and getting new SIMs and stuff.

Thank goodness I can call Canada for free!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I actually tried learning French from youtube.
was watching this video
The way she pronounces 'rencontrer' made me postpone learning french.Is it the actual way to pronounce that word?
The exact way to pronounce it indeed :D
Plus, the lady is obviously French by her accent.

Ain't gonna lie, French isn't an easy language.
Dedication, regularity, and exposure are necessary.
Unlike English, --which can be picked up relatively quicker than other latin-based languages as the grammar is much more straight forward-- French has many exceptions, pronouns that change completely depending on whether it's formal or informal, infinite conjugation rules, Feminine/Masculine, and is very intolerant when it comes to mispronunciations...

I think it's self-destrutive to start by trying to learn French grammar and tenses, and immediately putting it into sentences!

If you're really interested, there are many "free" French classes in Canada!
One of the ways to get started is to learn vocabulary first, and look for mirrored words, and learn those first. You'll quickly assimilate them.
In most case, it's just the pronunciation that changes. Examples:

Dentist=Dentiste
Detour=Détour
Parachute=Parachute
Card=Carte
Lamp=Lampe
Portrait=Portrait
Telephone/Phone=Téléphone
Camera=Caméra

You get the idea... ;)

And for the love of god, leave the numbers till later! Like for children, stop at 50.
Seventy is actually Sixty-Ten
Eighty is actually Four-Twenty
Ninety is Four-Twenty-Ten

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhi2056

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
On the topic of language, I try to watch a lot of Canadian immigrant videos on YouTube, and many happen to be Indian, and it really frustrates me when they put the title in English and the language is who knows what, or they just switch in between English and whatever back and forth in the same video. It's like they're expecting only Indians to watch their content, which is fine, but I wish they wouldn't put the title in English to trick me.
Couldn't agree more!
But I guess 50% of applicants are Indian nationals, so I guess it's a safe choice to go with :D

What I try to watch is videos from Canadian TV just to get familiar with all sorts of things. Surely Canada and the US have many similar things, so I guess US applicants wouldn't be as surprised, but some other differences (like about Healthcare ...) are still interesting to know.

I watch stuff from CBC Marketplace...

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Guys I have a enquire that can ndvo do job verification in 5 month after paying rprf fee.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Couldn't agree more!
But I guess 50% of applicants are Indian nationals, so I guess it's a safe choice to go with :D

What I try to watch is videos from Canadian TV just to get familiar with all sorts of things. Surely Canada and the US have many similar things, so I guess US applicants wouldn't be as surprised, but some other differences (like about Healthcare ...) are still interesting to know.

I watch stuff from CBC Marketplace...
I love Marketplace! I already subscribed to CBC on YouTube long before I seriously considered immigrating. If anything, it pushed me over the edge.

Reactions: nns14

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Immigration officials can verify your documents at any stage. There’s no need to worry as long as your employment is genuine.
Thanks so much but they have new people on phone answing and they don’t handle call properly. I called just to verify but they said the person u want to talk don’t work here. That’s why worried a lot.

tanzeel725

Jan 27, 2018
Congratulations, wow, so fast for a non-US resident FSW-O!

Are you a citizen/resident of Pakistan? Just wondering if you kept track of the movement of your application from one VO to another?
Yep, Pakistani citizen. Didn't keep track besides checking my online profile for updates since it happened rather fast (3.5 months between AOR and PPR) and it usually takes a while (a friend who applied in 2016 got his in January after several interviews in AUH).

phillcent

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
I called them on Skype. Fortunately, Skype gives 30 day free trial which is awesome. I was told my eligibility is in progress. I really don’t know what to make of that. Just have to hope for the best.
Hello Buddy,

I will like to use the Skype Option to make a call to sometimes next week. Can you take my through the process? or is it same with How to Call IRCC
as indicated in USProgrammer's signature?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hello Buddy,

I will like to use the Skype Option to make a call to sometimes next week. Can you take my through the process? or is it same with How to Call IRCC
as indicated in USProgrammer's signature?
Once you have purchased Skype credit per my link or signed up for a month of unlimited calls (they have a free trial), just dial the 613 number and follow the prompts I laid out, 1-1-1 to get to IRCC and then 2-1-1-0 to go through the family sponsorship to get in the queue. If it says it's too busy to take the call, just call back in a few minutes until you get in the queue.

Reactions: SithLord and OVIE