+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
You're in IP2, which is quite common it seems for CEC early on. You seem to skip the IP1 status, so you have less visibility into your application moving along.

Basically, you have ghost update + PPR to look forward to, whenever that occurs.
How do we know that we are in IP2?
Is it a good sign?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
How do we know that we are in IP2?
Is it a good sign?
If you were in IP1 ("Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.") and it moves to IP2 ("We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."), you can be assured of an actual change in your application (usually processing of security is now ongoing with criminality having passed).

However, CEC, people who must give biometrics (everyone after Dec 31), and those who didn't pay their RPRF upfront seem to be skipping IP1 and going straight to IP2. For those people, there is not stage at which they will receive an update before ghost update/PPR.

If you were in IP1 and it moves to IP2, it is a good sign.

Reactions: bond666 and Laumyl

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I just got off the phone with IRCC (40 min hold time) since I wanted to know what was up after I moved to IP2 from IP1.

Visa Office: CIO-Sydney, NS
Medical: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: In Progress
Eligibility: Met

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
IMM 5475: AUTHORITY TO RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL
Did they ask you for IMM 5669?
It said in the documents "replacement needed" although it wasn't something that was requested when submitting my application

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
I just got off the phone with IRCC (40 min hold time) since I wanted to know what was up after I moved to IP2 from IP1.

You're a 1 Dec AOR. That means your stuff has moved pretty quick. I found out my visa office is also CIO-Sydney NS.

Would you mind sharing the phone number? Also, what specifically did you ask them to tell you?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: RR9187

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
You're a 1 Dec AOR. That means your stuff has moved pretty quick. I found out my visa office is also CIO-Sydney NS.

Would you mind sharing the phone number? Also, what specifically did you ask them to tell you?

Thanks!!!
Phone (from within Canada): 1 888 242 2100
Phone (from outside of Canada [block caller ID]): 1 613 944 4000

I asked them to tell me specifically the lines I put there (visa office, medical, criminality, security, eligibility) as they have them in their system. Otherwise, they talk in general terms like "background check" like the EE portal does. "Background" = security+criminality, but if you ask specifically, they will tell you.

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

If you follow the tree normally to get info about your application, you'll have to enter your application number, date of birth, and listen to a long read-out of its status before you get to get in a phone queue, and 2/3 the time it will just say "we're too busy. call back later" instead of putting you in a queue.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
hey guys I got mail from cic about update in my application. I checked my account and here are the changes that I have noticed:
  1. "You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date." added in application status section.
  2. UCI number has changed from CAN.... to 111....
  3. Estimated remaining processing time has dropped to 4 months.
  4. "Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." Since I am waiting for sputum results I know that my medical exam process has not finished yet. So MEP has changed from no medical needed to reviewing medical exam.

5. Biometric collection letter received.
  6. Background check still seems in progress. It is same from the begining.
hey everyone,

I got another mail today at the same time as yesterday that says my application has been updated. (yesterday mail said I have a message in my account)

I logged in but I havent noticed any change.It is still same as follows;

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is this ghost update??? I haven't give biometrics yet. I will be able to do it on 13th of this month.

@USProgrammer I dont exactly remember but I believe I am on "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." status form the begining and I paid RPRF with my application.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018

Now that you learnt eligibility met, what does it say on your status for "Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Has it changed as well?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Now that you learnt eligibility met, what does it say on your status for "Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Has it changed as well?
It has not changed. My understanding is that doesn't change until PPR.

Reactions: ozaN

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
@USProgrammer 40 min hold on time is pretty much. If we call from outside of Canada it will cost a lot.. Do you guys have any idea about cheap calling options?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
hey everyone,

I got another mail today at the same time as yesterday that says my application has been updated. (yesterday mail said I have a message in my account)

I logged in but I havent noticed any change.It is still same as follows;

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is this ghost update??? I haven't give biometrics yet. I will be able to do it on 13th of this month.

@USProgrammer I dont exactly remember but I believe I am on "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." status form the begining and I paid RPRF with my application.
This is not a ghost update. That is what most people get when they move to IP1 after MEP, but your need for biometrics messes up IP1 as previously described, and you don't have MEP due to your furtherance, so this is probably just the equivalent of IP1 where they move it to wait for someone to review eligibility before "real" IP2 while waiting on MEP simultaneously.

Keep in mind also that I have zero clue what I'm talking about in any authoritative manner and nobody should listen to anything I pull out of my butt regarding this, especially with your odd situation.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
@USProgrammer 40 min hold on time is pretty much. If we call from outside of Canada it will cost a lot.. Do you guys have any idea about cheap calling options?
I just straight up called from my cell phone. I have T-Mobile in the US and I get free calls to/from Canada and free service inside Canada when visiting including data.

You can also call using Hangouts (free), but I believe you must hide caller ID (*67) to get through on the 613 number. I am not sure if this is possible with Hangouts. You can use Skype, which automatically hides caller ID unless you pay for a SkypeOut number and Skype is pretty cheap (probably about 1 euro cent a minute).

You could also just send a CSE asking those specific questions (1-4 day turnaround, free) and hope you get a friendly agent who tells you specifically what you want to know and not a parroting of what's on the EE portal. I've done that before and I basically got back what's on the EE portal, not the specific questions I was able to drill down to with the phone rep.

Basically, if you don't have free calls to Canada, use Google Hangouts if you can get through, and Skype (for a nominal fee) if not.