+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

sabujit1

Sep 19, 2014
How long does it take to get oath date for people sitting for test on May/June? I have a test date on June 22nd, What date I can expect to have oath. The reason I am asking I have a travel plan depending on that :(

Thanks in advance

umaseel

Apr 14, 2015
hi everyone.
Today my Ecas got update today.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 3, 2015.
4.We sent you correspondence on April 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5.We sent you a letter on April 1, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6.We sent you a notice on May 15, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 2, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
7.We sent you a notice on June 16, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 8, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
umaseel said:
hi everyone.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015.
4.We sent you correspondence on April 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5.We sent you a letter on April 1, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6.We sent you a notice on May 15, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 2, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
7.We sent you a notice on June 16, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 8, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
congratulations!!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
khakalove said:
Many Mississauga test have been canceled from 21 June 2015 to 3 July 2015
Just received a call from CIC.
Hi khakalove... Hope it was a genuine call from CIC. Apparently 4 Govt. sites were hacked (including CIC) in the last couple of days. One of my friends received a call from CIC and apparently was informed that there are some problems in his application and was asking for further details. My friend fortunately did not give any personal information and then called up the CIC call centre. They flatly denied that they were making such calls.

So maybe it would be prudent if you could call back and confirm this information, if your test is scheduled.

On the brighter side, if this is true, then I probably can go for my vacation peacefully without having to worry about missing a test invite in July...

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Hi khakalove... Hope it was a genuine call from CIC. Apparently 4 Govt. sites were hacked (including CIC) in the last couple of days. One of my friends received a call from CIC and apparently was informed that there are some problems in his application and was asking for further details. My friend fortunately did not give any personal information and then called up the CIC call centre. They flatly denied that they were making such calls.

So maybe it would be prudent if you could call back and confirm this information, if your test is scheduled.

On the brighter side, if this is true, then I probably can go for my vacation peacefully without having to worry about missing a test invite in July...
Geeez this is in the news http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-government-websites-appear-to-have-been-attacked/article24997399/

But seems the website is back, but we do not know "whether any data had been taken" http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33170534

Multiple Canadian government websites have been brought back online after they went dark for several hours in a hacking attack.
Tony Clement, a member of parliament and president of the Treasury Board, said that government servers had suffered a cyber attack on Wednesday.
Mr Clement said he did not know whether any data had been taken.
A video posted online claimed that the Anonymous hacking group was responsible for the attack.
"We are working very diligently to restore services and to find out the origination of the attack," Mr Clement said.
CTV News reported that the websites went down around midday (04:00 GMT) on Wednesday.
Some of the sites including those of Canada's spy agency and its parliament were restored around 15:00 local time.
Mr Clement told reporters that the attack was a Dynamic Denial of Service (DDOS) attack.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
yyzhuang said:
Geeez this is in the news http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-government-websites-appear-to-have-been-attacked/article24997399/

But seems the website is back, but we do not know "whether any data had been taken" http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33170534
yyzhuang... some data seems to have been picked up since the 'fraud' who called my friend had all details of the date of his application, family members and work experience details. Since they rattled off this information, my friend was confused. But he still did not give out any further information and then made the call to the CIC.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
umaseel said:
hi everyone.

Congrats Umaseel on the reaching the final leg of your citizenship journey !!!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khakalove said:
Many Mississauga test have been canceled from 21 June 2015 to 3 July 2015
Just received a call from CIC.
NO tests or oaths have been canceled and you did NOT receive call from CIC.

ulaalze

Jun 12, 2015
Just passed my test at Mississauga office. 20 out of 20 in 5 minutes. interview took only like 4-5 minutes, the officer just checked my ID's. :p

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ulaalze said:
Just passed my test at Mississauga office. 20 out of 20 in 5 minutes. interview took only like 4-5 minutes, the officer just checked my ID's. :p
Congratulations.