puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
That's what I am thinking. I was then able to double check with an agent over the phone (yes!).

She didn't know why my application was not available online. My marital name has been changed some days ago and my application is in process but she didn't know anything else. (She didn't even know when the process has started)

If some of you have problem to check their ecas, please let me know.

EDIT : Oh god... Ok just realised why it wasn't working... That's because they officially changed my name... So it wasn't working...

3- We started processing your application on March 31, 2015.

Yeah!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
trunorth said:
Just saw the spreadsheet that 'NK' got an RQ :(

Anyone knows NK and why he possibly got an RQ?

If you get an RQ do they show on eCAS that additional information has been requested?

Also downloaded the spreadsheet and sorted by IP date and realized they are batch processing applications going to Mississauga. Interesting. hmmm...there I go again analyzing! :p
Nah sorry I have no idea and that's usually me that update the spreadsheet. He probably did it by himself yesterday. I am actually trying to remember if they show it on eCas and I don't believe they do... BUT you will receive the RQ within 2 weeks I believe. And I am afraid I will get one as well since I have been out of the country 9 months last year for a job. (Although the agent over the phone said everything was fine the other day and he would transfer my application to Calgary but I am a bit skeptical)

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Nah sorry I have no idea and that's usually me that update the spreadsheet. He probably did it by himself yesterday. I am actually trying to remember if they show it on eCas and I don't believe they do... BUT you will receive the RQ within 2 weeks I believe. And I am afraid I will get one as well since I have been out of the country 9 months last year for a job. (Although the agent over the phone said everything was fine the other day and he would transfer my application to Calgary but I am a bit skeptical)
Well be positive and hope for the best. I know someone who made weekly day trips to the US for shopping and made a few holiday trips there and never got an RQ. It was smooth sailing! I also know someone who never left the country and had a constant job and got an RQ. Pretty sick to think of it!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
trunorth said:
Well be positive and hope for the best. I know someone who weekly day trips to the US for shopping and made a few holiday trips there and never got an RQ. It was smooth sailing! I also know someone who never left the country and had a constant job and got an RQ. Pretty sick to think of it!
I am not too worried about it. I think it's taking what, 2, 4 more months when you get a RQ? That's still pretty fair.

One of my girlfriend in Toronto got a RQ because she had her own business. I think it took 2 months to clear her out and it was last year. She was married to a Canadian so maybe it helped.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
trunorth said:
Just saw the spreadsheet that 'NK' got an RQ :(

Anyone knows NK and why he possibly got an RQ?

If you get an RQ do they show on eCAS that additional information has been requested?

Also downloaded the spreadsheet and sorted by IP date and realized they are batch processing applications going to Mississauga. Interesting. hmmm...there I go again analyzing! :p
When RQ is issued, nothing is updated on e-cas (does not show additional document request). This has been confirmed by few forum members.

Born2bBeast

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
When RQ is issued, nothing is updated on e-cas (does not show additional document request). This has been confirmed by few forum members.
This is what you see when you get the RQ:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 1, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Born2bBeast said:
This is what you see when you get the RQ:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 1, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
So did you receive RQ? Is that your timeline?

I checked with few forum members and nothing updated in e-cas when they received RQ.

The statement regarding letter is usually fingerprints or any additional documentation.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Still on received as well. Although one agent called me yesterday and said my file was transferred to Calgary so let's see if that shows online within 2 days. (Called me yesterday at 9.30 am, been checking ecas and no changes so far)

I read that ecas can't be trusted at all. Sometimes your application has been transferred and it does not show! And since no agents would tell me where my application is on the phone...
I am very surprised that your processing began only 2 days ago. Didn't they tell you that your file was already transferred ? I was expecting you to see steps 3 and 4 on your eCAS. Now I am confused...

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
AsianIndian said:
I am very surprised that your processing began only 2 days ago. Didn't they tell you that your file was already transferred ? I was expecting you to see steps 3 and 4 on your eCAS. Now I am confused...
Nope they called me and the agent was just processing my application (Remember they needed to double check my middle name). He then told me everything was good and he will transfer my application to the Calgary office the same day. But I am assuming they transferred my application yesterday so that would show on ecas within 3 days I believe.

Now on the phone (I called them this morning because I could not access ecas because they changed my last name for my marital name) the lady told me my file had been transferred. But she didn't look too sure though. She said they changed my name weeks ago so I was a little bit confused since the agent called me two days ago for my middle name... Anyway, I am guessing many agents actually check your application before they actually "start" processing it.

Now I am expecting to see step 4 next week but who knows... He had to process my husband application as well so maybe it won't show on ecas before weeks. Who knows!

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
100 pages up of December 2014 applicants showing that most active group of forum. Happy Good Friday & best of luck.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
I am not too worried about it. I think it's taking what, 2, 4 more months when you get a RQ? That's still pretty fair.

One of my girlfriend in Toronto got a RQ because she had her own business. I think it took 2 months to clear her out and it was last year. She was married to a Canadian so maybe it helped.
So, just to put in my stats, I have spent 4.5 months already after I got an RQ, and there has been no further processing since that. Proper Toronto, stable and single job throughout, 126 days of total absence.

May 31, 2011
asagalen said:
I added your information in the spreadsheet
Hi asagalen ,

I had sent my application is early december . They received it on the 11th of dec 2014 . I got the acknowledgment email on the 25th-26th of Feb . But since then there has been NO activity on my file . Is this normal ? Its past a month already . Should I worry ?
I applied from Toronto .
Single , Male .

Please advice .