May 28, 2008
Received Application on Nov. 23, 2012
Started processing Application on Jan.30, 2013
Test notice March 11, 2014
Citizenship test passed 20/20 & interview on April 03, 2014

lia dec

Apr 3, 2014
klaudya123 said:
Hi, I applied on December 2013, here is my timeline.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship on December 17, 2013.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book on December 17, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2014.
4.We sent you a letter Request for fingerprints by Edmonton Office on March 25, 2014.
5.CIC Edmonton received my fingerprints April 09, 2014

I feel kind of heart broken after seen all the messages about the time delays at the Edmonton office; and after they request my fingerprints I'm afraid they sent my application to the non routine pile :'(
Hi,
I got request fingerprints too and Im so frustrated seemed more waiting time. How you know if CIC local office received your fingerprints? I did mine next day digital.

klaudya123

Apr 10, 2014
I found out they got my fingerprints because I called CIC and the lady who answer told me they received them and everything was in order she even told me the date they received them.

klaudya123

Apr 10, 2014
The letter asking for my fingerprints came from the CIC in Edmonton and they asked to send the fingerprints to them not to NS.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My God, called CIC today but the agent was not helpful, she did not want to inform anything to me, only she said, it will take 24 months...

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also called CIC yesterday and was curtly told that it has only been 4 months since my application and I should not call before at least a year is up. :mad:

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
sm2312 said:
I also called CIC yesterday and was curtly told that it has only been 4 months since my application and I should not call before at least a year is up. :mad:
Harper's reorg of CIC hasn't done much good, has it?

Feb 25, 2014
So I called CIC during 2nd week of April and the agent mentioned that my file was still at Sydney. I called CIC again just after a week and this time another agent said that my file was transferred to local office. However there wasn't any update to my eCas, which remains the same since February 11, 2014. And my "Received" line disappeared sometime on February 11, 2014:
Code:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 2, 2013.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on February 11, 2014.
3 possible hypothesis that I could derive:
  • 1st agent lied, 2nd agent provided the right information -> My file is in local office - But no specific update in eCas for this yet
  • 1st agent provided the right information, 2nd agent lied -> My file is still in Sydney - This appears to be in line with the eCas status that is being shown for me
  • Both agents provided the right information -> My file was transferred to local office in between my first and second calls to CIC - But no specific update in eCas for this yet

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ripon243 said:
My God, called CIC today but the agent was not helpful, she did not want to inform anything to me, only she said, it will take 24 months...
Being requested fingerprints does not make your application "non-routine". CIC has been requesting them more often now. I got mine done the day a got my request, and RCMP sent my clear check a week after to my local office. Depending on the stage your application is currently at, the next step is likely to be test invitation.

You could also check the status of your electronic fingerprint submission by contacting the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services at: CivilNPS @ rcmp-grc . gc . ca
E-mail them asking for an update on your submission. Make sure to give your full-name.