+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
boasorte said:
e-CAS will be updated with both, test and oath informations.

Test:
" We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

Oath:
" We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

At the end of the process the "Decision Made" will appear where the "In Process" line is.
Thank you so much for sharing your updates with all. Although it seems odd that the date when they sent you the notice and date of test are the same i.e. Feb. 26, 2013.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
regina_jy said:
Thank you so much for sharing your updates with all. Although it seems odd that the date when they sent you the notice and date of test are the same i.e. Feb. 26, 2013.
I think he just gave an example to show what will appear in eCAS at the time of test and oath.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1 said:
I think he just gave an example to show what will appear in eCAS at the time of test and oath.
Exactly. Thanks! :)

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
Entering our 5th month since December 13. Looking forward to LOTs in the mail and test invites! These are the most difficult months I believe; applications passed accuracy test and now waiting for clear movement towards a test date. Cheers everyone! ;D

Mar 24, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 30, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 6, 2014.

"Received" line and "In Process" line both showing on eCAS.

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When my application was received, I had 1 line "in process" and TWO lines stating "RECEIVED".

1 of the received lines didn't have any content, and it disappeared after a couple of days.

Is anybody aware of something similar that happened to others?

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
gtoronto said:
When my application was received, I had 1 line "in process" and TWO lines stating "RECEIVED".

1 of the received lines didn't have any content, and it disappeared after a couple of days.

Is anybody aware of something similar that happened to others?
I had exactly three line as you have. One of them was disappeared after couple of days too. I think it is normal. Big thing is that when remaining 'received' line disappears. This will bring some exciting news.

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This morning the received line disappeared on my application. Also for my kid, it now says that they have started processing the application on May 1. So hopefully, things are now moving ahead smoothly. I have updated the spreadsheet also.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Today received line disappeared and kids processing started on 30th April. Hopefully file has been transferred to Local office.

Thanks

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

The good news is that the "Received" line disappeared yesterday.

What is confusing is that while my wife's application shows "started processing on Feb 20th, my application and my kids applications now show "started processing on April 30th".

Can somebody shed some light on this??

Feb 25, 2014
My only remaining "Received" line disappeared (sometime between yesterday and today). I now have just one line with "In Progress" status. But nothing seems to have changed in terms of the application progress details, which can be viewed by clicking on the underlined "In Progress" status.

I'm not sure about the significance of this change (disappearance of "Received" line) and whether it means anything.

Did anyone else notice this in their eCas?

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
@ CanadianIcyMoose

hey

In spread sheet you mentioned 'Received' line disappear date 5 April 2014 instead of 5 May.