+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianIcyMoose said:
So I called CIC during 2nd week of April and the agent mentioned that my file was still at Sydney. I called CIC again just after a week and this time another agent said that my file was transferred to local office. However there wasn't any update to my eCas, which remains the same since February 11, 2014. And my "Received" line disappeared sometime on February 11, 2014:
Code:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 2, 2013.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on February 11, 2014.
3 possible hypothesis that I could derive:
  • 1st agent lied, 2nd agent provided the right information -> My file is in local office - But no specific update in eCas for this yet
  • 1st agent provided the right information, 2nd agent lied -> My file is still in Sydney - This appears to be in line with the eCas status that is being shown for me
  • Both agents provided the right information -> My file was transferred to local office in between my first and second calls to CIC - But no specific update in eCas for this yet
I don't think they update ecas for local office. Next update will be for test which god knows when they will invite you

wivina

Jan 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
11-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-01-2010
Interview........
08-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-23-2010
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2014.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@SYSAS,

That's great, i have updated the spreadsheet as well.

Waiting for someone to break the news that they have receive the "Test Invite" :)

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we get a line added for test invite ?

aamer43 said:
@ SYSAS,

That's great, i have updated the spreadsheet as well.

Waiting for someone to break the news that they have receive the "Test Invite" :)

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
@ SYSAS

Its great to read that finally your 'received' line in vanished.

I think you are the first GTA person in december 2013 group whose line is gone. Hope other's will go soon too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think my husband is going to receive the RQ this week. Ecas now shows that CIC mailed a letter last week requesting more documents (we haven't received the letter yet so I don't know for sure if it's RQ or something else). I was expecting RQ since my husband is a self-employed international development consultant and does travel for business a few times each year to Africa and the Middle East.

Luckily we have a lot of proof we can provide that he has been living consistently in Canada. I also have to admit that while getting Canadian citizenship is very important to my husband, it's not that big a deal if it's delayed since he's an American citizen and a Nexus card holder - and can already travel very freely.

I should also mention that my husband is exempt from the citizenship test due to his age. (So there's no pre-RQ or post-RQ situation for him since he doesn't have to write the test.) He's quite a bit older than I am and sometimes I make fun of him because he's enough of a "senior" that he doesn't have to write the test. :)

Will provide an update once we receive the letter.

eurotel

Mar 3, 2014
My application include my children. same day that my received line disappeared, CIC started processing my kids applications

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
SYSAS said:
Yes I think it is "decision made" line
No, I do not think they update your status on ECAS for test invite. Below is the explanation of all three possibe status viz. RECEIVED, IN PROCESS and DECISION MADE (which you can see on your ECAS too). from what they have explained, they will update status as "Decision Made" right before the oath which happens after your test and an interview with citizenshipo judge (if required). Hope this helps!

RECEIVED (A decision has not been made yet.):
Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.):
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made.

DECISION MADE (A decision has been made at this point.):
Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
e-CAS will be updated with both, test and oath informations.

Test:
" We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

Oath:
" We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

At the end of the process the "Decision Made" will appear where the "In Process" line is.

asa1973

Dec 24, 2013
scylla said:
I think my husband is going to receive the RQ this week. Ecas now shows that CIC mailed a letter last week requesting more documents (we haven't received the letter yet so I don't know for sure if it's RQ or something else). I was expecting RQ since my husband is a self-employed international development consultant and does travel for business a few times each year to Africa and the Middle East.
It's could be any other request, not the RQ

I got same note and received a letter about my name to be used. In my case I had a truncated patronymic name in PR card first letter of it was used as middle name (as it not used in Canada). Tried to exclude it from my name for citizenship...so CIC sent me a clarification request.

Hope will not get RQ (as far as they do not sent it this time) as my wife also have travel and was not employed for a while...:)