+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
R_R said:
NEED HELP!

My concern is my passport is expiring end of September and I don't know if I should apply for new passport or wait.
My file with cic is at last stage and is over its processing period. I know passport should be valid for 6 months when cic ask for it. My question is if I apply for new passport and at the same time cic ask me for passport, can I tell cic that I'm getting my passport renewed or is that a problem?
Did you hear back from your MP in two weeks?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
R_R said:
After waiting for 15 months finally, got passport request today.
Congrats ,
was there any specific reason for delay . i mean review etc..?

PhSVE

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
R_R said:
Congrats R_R!! Please share your ecas status..

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
Just landed today at Toronto Pearson international airport in our way back from vacation..smooth process .. They said PR card will be mailed to us in 12 weeks (loooong time).. But hoping for the best! All the best to everyone else!

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
I need help or advice, my application was received on Dec 20th I have received my APR on 9 February 2014, they asked for additional docs on July 8th 2014. They received my additional Docs on September 26th. from there I haven't heard anything and its been 13 months now.

I requested my GCSM notes and there are no red flags in it. will someone help me understand whats in the GCSM notes that I should be looking for ? I am not sure I understood it.
Is someone else in the same shoes as me waiting for that long ?
I also got married in August of last year to a Canadian citizen but I didn't register my marriage in Canada yet and I didn't update my status because of that, I was worried if I do that it will delay my PR since I am supposed to receive it soon, should i register it and update my status or not ? if yes how will it affect the progress of the file?

Thanks in advance

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R_R said:
Congratulations! Thus, 15-month waiting is the deadline for CEC?

R_R

Aug 3, 2014
E.kawas said:
I need help or advice, my application was received on Dec 20th I have received my APR on 9 February 2014, they asked for additional docs on July 8th 2014. They received my additional Docs on September 26th. from there I haven't heard anything and its been 13 months now.

I requested my GCSM notes and there are no red flags in it. will someone help me understand whats in the GCSM notes that I should be looking for ? I am not sure I understood it.
I also got married in August of last year to a Canadian citizen but I didn't register my marriage in Canada yet and I didn't update my status because of that, I was worried if I do that it will delay my PR since I am supposed to receive it soon, should i register it and update my status or not ? if yes how will it affect the progress of the file?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I was in same place as you. I was asked by CIC to submit tax papers after I had done medical and paid landing fee. I waited from August2014 until February 2015.
Finally received passport request in Feb, also I went through local MP once processing period of 13 months was over and MP asked for any update and was told to wait for 2 weeks. I waited for 2 weeks and half and got passport request.

If you got married you should update CIC with your current status as soon as possible because once you receive passport request in that email CIC ask for any changes.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
E.kawas said:

Thanks in advance
Hi E. kawas,

Few to note, seniors can confirm,

1. If you are not married in Canada, you cannot inform CIC that marriage is consummated already. Since your spouse is a Canadian, he/she would not be part of PR processing but probably only information on the forms, but all after your marriage gets registered.

2. Before marriage (in Canada) your spouse information could be added to your application only if he/she has common-law status (at least 12 months of cohabitation) which is established by both of you have signed Common-Law forms in presence of a legal entity (notary or oaths commissioner). Here too the information is added just as an update on forms as filled, not for addition of spouse to the PR process.

3. Updating of information, I am guessing might extend your PR period by one review cycle (I guess which could be 1-3 months). If updating is applicable, this will happen at time of PPR if not done earlier. If applicable, then earlier is better.

4. Question: Have you done your Medicals yet?

Hope this helps!

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
rks0101 said:
Hi E. kawas,

Few to note, seniors can confirm,

1. If you are not married in Canada, you cannot inform CIC that marriage is consummated already. Since your spouse is a Canadian, he/she would not be part of PR processing but probably only information on the forms, but all after your marriage gets registered.

2. Before marriage (in Canada) your spouse information could be added to your application only if he/she has common-law status (at least 12 months of cohabitation) which is established by both of you have signed Common-Law forms in presence of a legal entity (notary or oaths commissioner). Here too the information is added just as an update on forms as filled, not for addition of spouse to the PR process.

3. Updating of information, I am guessing might extend your PR period by one review cycle (I guess which could be 1-3 months). If updating is applicable, this will happen at time of PPR if not done earlier. If applicable, then earlier is better.

4. Question: Have you done your Medicals yet?

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the information, I have not received medicals yet and its been 13 months already, what should I do ?

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
E.kawas said:
Thank you for the information, I have not received medicals yet and its been 13 months already, what should I do ?
Hi E. kawas,

Can you share your VO notes from GCMS after removing personal informations like application #, UCI, DOB, etc..?

Thx

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
rks0101 said:
Hi E. kawas,

Can you share your VO notes from GCMS after removing personal informations like application #, UCI, DOB, etc..?

Thx
Is there an option to attach it to this forum ?

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
rks0101 said:
Hi E. kawas,

Thx
I received a 34 pager PDF file. to be honest I don't understand it and cant edit it to take out personal information. please let me know which section do you need to know and I can retype it for you here or I can send it over via email so you can help me understand whats going on ? Should I be worried ?