+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

Feb_2014

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lina-K said:
@ Feb_2014

Hi,

My Lawyer received our COPR via mail yesterday. She will forward it to us so we can go to the border and finalize it :D
Grt Lina, Can you please share your timelines?

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
Lina-K said:
@ Feb_2014

Hi,

My Lawyer received our COPR via mail yesterday. She will forward it to us so we can go to the border and finalize it :D
Hi Lina,

My Status shows DECISION MADE

1) We received your application for permanent residence on December 17, 2013.
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 6, 2014.
3) We started processing your application on February 6, 2014.
4) We sent you correspondence on August 15, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5) We sent you medical instructions on August 7, 2015 to 19 - t C/O Canada, L6P 4L6. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the correspondence to the wrong address, please contact us.

i have done E-MEDICAL ON 8AUGUST
RPRF PAID ON 11 AUGUST
i DONT KNOW WHAT IS THIS NOW :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

assuming the decision is "approved"

Lina-K

Feb 3, 2014
My timeline:

Application received @ CIC: Dec. 19/2013
AOR received: Feb. 2014
RCMP request: March 21/2014
Upfront medicals: April 30/2014
Upfront RPRF: April 04/2015
Ecas changed to "in process": Aug.07/2015
RPRF request: Aug. 11/2015
Decision made: Aug. 14/2015
COPR received by Lawyer: Aug. 19/2015

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
My timeline: :D :D :D :D :p :p :p

Application received to CIC: Dec. 17/2013
AOR received: Feb 04/2014
Medicals request: August 08/2015
Medical done: Augus 09/2015
RPRF request and paid: August 11/2015

ECAS change "Decision made": Aug. 18/2015
PPR received by Lawyer: Aug. 22/2015

Lina-K

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

After having a very frustrating weekend I thought I would share what happened last Friday:

After finally getting our COPR in the mail my hubby and I decided to go straight to the nearest Land Border (ca. 200km away) to finalize our landing. Since we have an ongoing BOWP application (applied on May 05/2015) that is still open/not started, we thought we should go to the border ASAP so we can withdraw our application and get the fee refunded. But instead of just "flagpoling" we actually wanted to enter the states for a few hours. This would actually void our "Implied Status" but we thought ... hey ... in a few hours we don't need any work permits anymore anyway. So we pulled up to the U.S. booth and told the officer that we are here to finalize our landing by re-entering Canada, but that we would like to enter the U.S. side first. We got told that we would have to finalize our landing at the Canadian side first and then come back and enter the states. We were kinda surprised about this but we thought maybe the rules changed. So we ended up "flagpoling" and went back to the Canadian side. We went to the Immigration office and presented our papers. The officer took our papers and told us to sit down and wait for them to call us. After around 30 minutes we got called to the office. We had to fill out the COPR and sign it. The officer said they just have to put everything in the system and we would be done. So we sat down and waited .. and waited .. and waited .. It was aloooong wait and my hubby started to ask me: what are they taking so long, there wasn't much to put in the system. I just replied: Hey you just wait, with our luck they have a system crash or something ....
After around 2 hours we got called back to the office and guess what: We got told that the COPR that we received was generated in the old "FOSS System" instead of the the "GCMS System" and that the border couldn't access the old system anymore. " am very sorry, but we can't finalize your landing today" WHAAAAATTT??? OUR JAWS JUST DROPED ... WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND JUST WANTED TO GO UP THE WALL!!!! The officer explained that they tried everything to fix it, they even called another border thinking they could maybe doing it over the phone without any luck.
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEBODY GENERATE A DOCUMENT IN AN OLD SYSTEM THAT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE IN 2010???????
At this point nobody could tell us what to do next. The papers were all filled out including landing date etc. So it's not like we could just go to a different border or office.
Confused and soooo upset there was nothing else to do but to just go home.
The next day I tried to phone the cic hotline but of course they don't work on weekends. Desperate in need of answers I called Pearson Airport, just to see if they have ever had that issue. There I got told: Yes they switched our computers to the new system, but they should have been able to still enter it. Did you takl to a supervisor? I was like: No, why would I talk to a supervisor, they tried everything they could. She just said: Maybe the officer just didn't know what to do. I THOUGHT MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE.
I hung up and called the border where we went to, talked to the supervisor, while on the phone, he tried to access the old system, again without any luck.
At this point I gave up, I thought there is just nothing we can do till we reach somebody at CIC on monday.
Today I kept calling the CIC hotline for about 4 hours and I didn't get through at all.

And then ... all on sudden ... while I was writing this post ... my phone rang and the border office calls to tell me finally good news. They reached somebody who was able to do it over the phone. YAAAAYYY!!!!
So we just have to go back to the border today, get a signature and drop of the original.

Wow, what a rollercoaster that is. You never know what comes next!!!

MyPRApp

Jan 23, 2015
Lina-K said:
Hi Everyone,

After having a very frustrating weekend I thought I would share what happened last Friday:

After finally getting our COPR in the mail my hubby and I decided to go straight to the nearest Land Border (ca. 200km away) to finalize our landing. Since we have an ongoing BOWP application (applied on May 05/2015) that is still open/not started, we thought we should go to the border ASAP so we can withdraw our application and get the fee refunded. But instead of just "flagpoling" we actually wanted to enter the states for a few hours. This would actually void our "Implied Status" but we thought ... hey ... in a few hours we don't need any work permits anymore anyway. So we pulled up to the U.S. booth and told the officer that we are here to finalize our landing by re-entering Canada, but that we would like to enter the U.S. side first. We got told that we would have to finalize our landing at the Canadian side first and then come back and enter the states. We were kinda surprised about this but we thought maybe the rules changed. So we ended up "flagpoling" and went back to the Canadian side. We went to the Immigration office and presented our papers. The officer took our papers and told us to sit down and wait for them to call us. After around 30 minutes we got called to the office. We had to fill out the COPR and sign it. The officer said they just have to put everything in the system and we would be done. So we sat down and waited .. and waited .. and waited .. It was aloooong wait and my hubby started to ask me: what are they taking so long, there wasn't much to put in the system. I just replied: Hey you just wait, with our luck they have a system crash or something ....
After around 2 hours we got called back to the office and guess what: We got told that the COPR that we received was generated in the old "FOSS System" instead of the the "GCMS System" and that the border couldn't access the old system anymore. " am very sorry, but we can't finalize your landing today" WHAAAAATTT??? OUR JAWS JUST DROPED ... WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND JUST WANTED TO GO UP THE WALL!!!! The officer explained that they tried everything to fix it, they even called another border thinking they could maybe doing it over the phone without any luck.
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEBODY GENERATE A DOCUMENT IN AN OLD SYSTEM THAT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE IN 2010???????
At this point nobody could tell us what to do next. The papers were all filled out including landing date etc. So it's not like we could just go to a different border or office.
The next day I tried to phone the cic hotline but of course they don't work on weekends. Desperate in need of answers I called Pearson Airport, just to see if they have ever had that issue. There I got told: Yes they switched our computers to the new system, but they should have been able to still enter it. Did you takl to a supervisor? I was like: No, why would I talk to a supervisor, they tried everything they could. She just said: Maybe the officer just didn't know what to do. I THOUGHT MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE.
I hung up and called the border where we went to, talked to the supervisor, while on the phone, he tried to access the old system, again without any luck.
At this point I gave up, I thought there is just nothing we can do till we reach somebody at CIC on monday.
Today I kept calling the CIC hotline for about 4 hours and I didn't get through at all.

And then ... all on sudden ... while I was writing this post ... my phone rang and the border office calls to tell me finally good news. They reached somebody who was able to do it over the phone. YAAAAYYY!!!!
So we just have to go back to the border today, get a signature and drop of the original.

I landed on Saturday at Coutts border and did a flagpole and it was smooth for me. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
MyPRApp said:
I landed on Saturday at Coutts border and did a flagpole and it was smooth for me. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you.
Application received to CIC: Dec. 17/2013
AOR received: Feb 04/2014
Medicals request: August 08/2015
Medical done: Augus 09/2015
RPRF request and paid: August 11/2015
ECAS change "Decision made": Aug. 18/2015
PPR received by Lawyer: Aug. 22/2015
Send passport on 24 August to Ottawa
Cic received my passport on 26 August
Received my passport on 2 September

Finally long wait is over
Landed at RAINBOW Bridge on 2 September very smooth drive to US and Officer gave me Refusal Letter which I have to show Canada Border.Canada border issued me YELLOW SLIP hand over to Canada service
After 45 minutes called my name and Now I'm as a permanent Residence.
Finally :p :p :p :p :p :p

Guys please calm everyone should get their PR soon for me took 22 months for whole process.

thank you Guyss

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Lina-K said:
Hi Everyone,

what border was that ? i ain't going there,,,

leesho10

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2013
AOR Received.
22/01/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28/01/2014
Med's Request
30/01/2016
Med's Done....
06/02/2016
Passport Req..
11/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2016
LANDED..........
03/08/2016
Still no movement and nothing from CIC on my file :-(

K_babelo

May 27, 2015
leesho10 said:
Still no movement and nothing from CIC on my file :-(
Leesho10
keep waiting, they are slowly working on it. I am Nov. 2013 applicant, and just got email to pay RPRF on Nov 25th. Don't loose hope, we all will get it soon!

Danish123

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-08-2016
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
Hi Buddy,

Could you please let me know if you were under second review? If yes what was reason behind it and when you got medical request?

Hopefully your PR will get soon now.

K_babelo said:
Leesho10
keep waiting, they are slowly working on it. I am Nov. 2013 applicant, and just got email to pay RPRF on Nov 25th. Don't loose hope, we all will get it soon!

leesho10

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2013
AOR Received.
22/01/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28/01/2014
Med's Request
30/01/2016
Med's Done....
06/02/2016
Passport Req..
11/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2016
LANDED..........
03/08/2016
K_babelo said:
Leesho10
That's great, congratulations. Have you done your medicals already K_babelo?

leesho10

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2013
AOR Received.
22/01/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28/01/2014
Med's Request
30/01/2016
Med's Done....
06/02/2016
Passport Req..
11/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2016
LANDED..........
03/08/2016
Maybe I should do upfront medical and RPRF, will this be a good idea?

K_babelo

May 27, 2015
leesho10 said:
That's great, congratulations. Have you done your medicals already K_babelo?
yes, leesho10, I did medicals upfront (i was just tired of waiting for 20 months without any news). Got "decision made" status and request to send my passport on Dec 3rd.

leesho10

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2013
AOR Received.
22/01/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28/01/2014
Med's Request
30/01/2016
Med's Done....
06/02/2016
Passport Req..
11/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2016
LANDED..........
03/08/2016
K_babelo said:
yes, leesho10, I did medicals upfront (i was just tired of waiting for 20 months without any news). Got "decision made" status and request to send my passport on Dec 3rd.
Great news, congratulations again, I'm going to book upfront medicals too, I can't keep on waiting.

If you don't mind my asking, when did you do your upfront medicals?