+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
febi85 said:
If your GCMS notes doesnt say anything suspicious, Its better to wait. I am sure they will respond in few weeks. Also I heard the new express entry process might delay us.
Thank you for your response. I have requested my GCMS last week so we will see what they come back with.

R_R

Aug 3, 2014
I'm a December 2013 applicant. I have not heard anything from CIC since July, 2014.
My processing time is over. So I decided to go through local MP to get status on my application.
Its been over 2 weeks and CIC have not even replied to MP's request...

Anyone here knows how long does CIC take normally to get back to MP.... on top of this my passport is expiring this September. I don't know, if should apply for new passport. I have a feeling the day I apply for new passport CIC going to request for passport.

Any suggestions!

Thanks!

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
R_R said:
I'm a December 2013 applicant. I have not heard anything from CIC since July, 2014.
My processing time is over. So I decided to go through local MP to get status on my application.
Its been over 2 weeks and CIC have not even replied to MP's request...

Anyone here knows how long does CIC take normally to get back to MP.... on top of this my passport is expiring this September. I don't know, if should apply for new passport. I have a feeling the day I apply for new passport CIC going to request for passport.

Any suggestions!

Thanks!
It really has no specific time. I'm
An October 2013 applicant and still waiting. They just tell the MP very basic information and that too they took so long to get back to me. So it wasn't really helpful.

Hurtatis

Dec 12, 2014
Hi guys, I need your advice.

My open work permit will expire in two weeks. Last September I was ask to pay the RPRF and since that time I have not been contacted again for CEC. What should I do at this point?

Thank you in advance for any kind of advice.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hurtatis said:
Hi guys, I need your advice.

My open work permit will expire in two weeks. Last September I was ask to pay the RPRF and since that time I have not been contacted again for CEC. What should I do at this point?

Thank you in advance for any kind of advice.
Hi,
apply for the BOWP before your current WP expires. You will be under applied status (after your WP expires) and able to work until decision will be done on your BOWP. In the meantime apply for GCMS to see what's going on with your file.

PKS_SKS

Dec 13, 2013
Hi,

I received my passport along with 2 family members(spouse and son) on 04-Feb-2014. CIC sent it on 03-Feb-2014 17:44.

CIC received my passport on 16-Jan-2015, it took 12 working days for them. Total time taken for stamping is 19 days(including weekends)

I am planning to do landing on 6 or 7 Feb at Prescott, ON. Please advice whether to take U turn or go tho USA and comeback...

Regards,
PKS_SKS

febi85

Aug 22, 2014
Hi I got my passport back from CIC on Jan 29th 2015 for myself and wife. I did my landing on Feb1st 2015 in Prescott as well. went very smooth. All you need is Passport/CoPR/address proof.

PKS_SKS said:
Hi,

I received my passport along with 2 family members(spouse and son) on 04-Feb-2014. CIC sent it on 03-Feb-2014 17:44.

CIC received my passport on 16-Jan-2015, it took 12 working days for them. Total time taken for stamping is 19 days(including weekends)

I am planning to do landing on 6 or 7 Feb at Prescott, ON. Please advice whether to take U turn or go tho USA and comeback...

Regards,
PKS_SKS

PKS_SKS

Dec 13, 2013
febi85 said:
Hi I got my passport back from CIC on Jan 29th 2015 for myself and wife. I did my landing on Feb1st 2015 in Prescott as well. went very smooth. All you need is Passport/CoPR/address proof.
Hi Febi85
Did you go to USA or took U turn before the Bridge....

Regards,
PKS_SKS

febi85

Aug 22, 2014
Hi first we went to canadian immigration office and told them I came for landing. The Immigration officer politely asked us to cross border and get the papers done and bring it back.
Then we crossed the prescott bridge and went to US side, they asked for passport and purpose of visit. I mentioned we came for landing and will go back.
They took my passport and asked to come in to the office, it took about 10 mins. they asked few basic questions and gave a white paper saying entry rejected for both of us.

Bring that back to the Canadian Immigration office. They will ask for Passport, CoPR and address proof for both you and your wife. In my case my wife didn’t have
any address proof. But officer nice enough to accept without it :). Then asked few basic questions. We waited for 10 mins and the officer called us and asked for
signature in CoPR document and said we are PR from today. Thats it. Very simple process.

Plz let me know if you have any questions

PKS_SKS said:
Hi Febi85
Did you go to USA or took U turn before the Bridge....

Regards,
PKS_SKS

R_R

Aug 3, 2014
Octanu said:
It really has no specific time. I'm
An October 2013 applicant and still waiting. They just tell the MP very basic information and that too they took so long to get back to me. So it wasn't really helpful.

I got reply back from MP yesterday(after 3 weeks). All they said is wait for 2 weeks and if I don't hear back from CIC within 2 weeks, MP's office want me to contact them again.

PKS_SKS

Dec 13, 2013
Thanks febi85 for sharing you experience.

Yesterday, 7th Feb 2015, I have done the landing along with my family( Spouse and Child) from Prescott, ON.
I crossed the border and went to US immigration office, informed officer that I came for PR landing into Canada. He took my documents( passport and COPR letter), told me to park the car and call in the office.
In 5 mins, he gave back all CoPR letter and told to drive the car back to border gate and collect the passport along with a US rejection entry paper.

When I reached Canada Immigration Office, I handover all documents( Passport, CoPR and US rejection letter) to officer and he done the process within 10.15 mins.

I have to signed the CoPR letter when officer asked, then he informed that PR card will take around 6-12 weeks, then said congratulation on becoming the PR of Canada.

It was a very pleasant experience.

Thanks to all members in this group for sharing their experience and providing vital information.

Regards,
PKS_SKS

ravrish

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Mates,
:D ;D Big Relief - Got my PPR email yesterday ;D :D :D. After completing a long wait of exactly 14 months.
I've been silently watching your comments since long time and now I though that I should share this information with you all.

Below are the dates:
App Rcvd by VO - 9th December 2013
AOR Rcvd - 29 January 2014
Asked for Addition Doc - 27 June
Send Additional Docs - 10th July 2014
Rcvd Medicals Rqst - 27 July 2014
Sent Medical - 1st August
Rcvd RPRF Rqst - 26 September
Asked for Police Clearance again - 16 Oct
Send Police Cle.. - 20th Nov
Rcvd PPR - 9th February 2015

infodopoder

Feb 14, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
My timeline for anyone who might be interested:

Application received: 12/27/13
PCC and CELPIP submitted with application
AOR: 02/13/14
Doc Request: 08/19/14 (job qualification confirmation)
Medical Request: 12/22/14
Medical Done: 12/30/14
RPRF Request: 01/09/15
PPRF Paid: 01/09/15
Passport Request: 01/15/15
Passport Sent: 01/22/15
Passport Returned: 02/10/15
Landed: 02/11/15

R_R

Aug 3, 2014
NEED HELP!

My concern is my passport is expiring end of September and I don't know if I should apply for new passport or wait.
My file with cic is at last stage and is over its processing period. I know passport should be valid for 6 months when cic ask for it. My question is if I apply for new passport and at the same time cic ask me for passport, can I tell cic that I'm getting my passport renewed or is that a problem?

febi85

Aug 22, 2014
Hi, CIC needs your passport within 30days of the time they send you the passport request. So better to apply as soon as possible for your new passport. As you mentioned you need valid 6 months expiry time. If I am in your place, I would apply for new passport and when I receive PPR, I will inform CIC that I am waiting for new passport. Wait for CIC answer, usually they will reply in 2 weeks. Dont wait till last minute to apply for new passport.

R_R said:
NEED HELP!

My concern is my passport is expiring end of September and I don't know if I should apply for new passport or wait.
My file with cic is at last stage and is over its processing period. I know passport should be valid for 6 months when cic ask for it. My question is if I apply for new passport and at the same time cic ask me for passport, can I tell cic that I'm getting my passport renewed or is that a problem?