24-08-2012
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
IvanP said:
Hello all - if you have updates, I might not be able to update the spreadsheet before Tuesday, as I'll be in Montreal for a job interview (wish me luck!). So, you can send your updates to Shylox, or you can send them to me and rest assured that I'll still get them done faster than ECAS... 8)
Good luck Ivan!!!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
Hello all - if you have updates, I might not be able to update the spreadsheet before Tuesday, as I'll be in Montreal for a job interview (wish me luck!). So, you can send your updates to Shylox, or you can send them to me and rest assured that I'll still get them done faster than ECAS... 8)
Break a leg!! :D

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Good luck, knock em dead! :p

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
IvanP said:
Bonne chance! ;D

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
IvanP said:
Best of luck in the interview. Hope you get a good outcome. :)

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
You'll blow them away Ivan - no luck needed ;)

Aaaah well the end of another week with nothing in the snail mail - email for me.

Perhaps next ..................... 8)

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
spacedog30 said:
Ok, guys..
I think this is good since they also ask for my passport, but... 8-/

We're already on gathering up proof of what they ask for, but any suggestions or advice from all who have been through this is appreciated!!

I have determined that you may be a person who is found to be inadmissible to Canada by virtue of the fact that you appear to be unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, specifically section 39 of the Act, which states that:

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit any documentation and information addressing the issue of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in place for yourself and your dependents (if applicable) in Canada. This may include but is not limited to paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent notice of assessment (NOA) for both you and your sponsor.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within sixty (60) days. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below. You must also include a copy of your passport with the information/documents you provide. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I hope to hear from you within sixty (60) days. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
I'm curious about what this means....

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
brightredscream said:
I'm curious about what this means....
I spent all last night translating legal BS. I think that when one is approved as a sponsor, which has no financial requirement, they never consider or pass onto the applicant's visa office any of that information. We only included my wife's financial info in her sponsorship application. I submitted all of mine as required with my application.
Even if someone is approved as a sponsor, the visa officer reserves the right to request proof that the sponsor has ability, willingness and intent to actually support themselves and their spouse and dependants. I'm thinking this officer just has no clue what we're planning to do once I'm there. If he or she had all my wife's info, he or she would already have her tax info, pay stubs, NOA, etc.
SO...we're going to send all of that again, with mine, and letters of intent, job offers, whatever we can. I think all they want is to see we HAVE a plan and safety net. I don't think they would ask for the passport copy if they intended to still deny me once we send proof. Though it is all very weird.

I saw that someone else recently was asked to prove this same thing, but received the official PPR (asking for a scanned image or copy). Maybe this officer just does it this way?

WHO KNOWS. I never get the normal version of anything. It's probably just me. :D

FAM_Applicant

Mar 2, 2013
Hi,
I have couple of questions while filling in the forms to extend stay of my wife while waiting for an outland sponsorship application.

background: - visa-exempt country visiting

My questions relate to form IMM5708. Do i have the right responses here?

1.Details of visit to canada. Purpose of my visit ?
My answer was :Other (stay with husband while PR is finalized)

2. funds available for my stay :
i put husband's salary x 6 (for six months period)....And attached letter from husband for financial support plus letter from his work with salary info. Is this good enough ?

3. Duration of stay ...? should this be 6 month or 1 yr?

4. Do i need to include a return ticket ?

5. Employment history table ?
Do we exclude periods of vacation or should we fill all gaps ?

5. Anything else needed to support the application ?

Thanks very much

EkkusuXI

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
Well, my life is in the LA-VO's hands now. Sent out my copy and all that jazz. time to hope this is a speedy process I wanna shoot to be there for easter!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
FAM_Applicant said:
Hi,
I have couple of questions while filling in the forms to extend stay of my wife while waiting for an outland sponsorship application.

background: - visa-exempt country visiting

My questions relate to form IMM5708. Do i have the right responses here?

1.Details of visit to canada. Purpose of my visit ?
My answer was :Other (stay with husband while PR is finalized)

2. funds available for my stay :
i put husband's salary x 6 (for six months period)....And attached letter from husband for financial support plus letter from his work with salary info. Is this good enough ?

3. Duration of stay ...? should this be 6 month or 1 yr?

4. Do i need to include a return ticket ?

5. Employment history table ?
Do we exclude periods of vacation or should we fill all gaps ?

5. Anything else needed to support the application ?

Thanks very much
1 - That's fine.
2 - That's great, we did the same thing. I also gave them copies of my own bank statements showing I have my own money as well as what my sponsor has.
3 - You can ask for a year, if they don't want to give it to you then they'll still give you 6 months and you can always just apply for another extension later if you need to.
4 - I didn't and never had a problem.
5 - Fill ALL gaps, at least that's what I did. Its better to be safe than sorry.
6 - We included things like my sponsors payment info, a proof of employment letter from her work, a letter from her agreeing to support me, copy of our marriage certificate. You don't need to include as much as you do with your PR app, most of the time these extensions get approved for visa exempt people. Just include stuff that proves your sponsor can support you, or that you have means to support yourself. They really only care if you're a criminal or if you're going to end up not having enough money to get a plane ticket home.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
spacedog30 said:
I spent all last night translating legal BS. I think that when one is approved as a sponsor, which has no financial requirement, they never consider or pass onto the applicant's visa office any of that information. We only included my wife's financial info in her sponsorship application. I submitted all of mine as required with my application.
Even if someone is approved as a sponsor, the visa officer reserves the right to request proof that the sponsor has ability, willingness and intent to actually support themselves and their spouse and dependants. I'm thinking this officer just has no clue what we're planning to do once I'm there. If he or she had all my wife's info, he or she would already have her tax info, pay stubs, NOA, etc.
SO...we're going to send all of that again, with mine, and letters of intent, job offers, whatever we can. I think all they want is to see we HAVE a plan and safety net. I don't think they would ask for the passport copy if they intended to still deny me once we send proof. Though it is all very weird.

I saw that someone else recently was asked to prove this same thing, but received the official PPR (asking for a scanned image or copy). Maybe this officer just does it this way?

WHO KNOWS. I never get the normal version of anything. It's probably just me. :D
Interesting. I kinda had a mini panic attack, because the info we sent for my husband, his income was kinda low because he got laid off and was having a hard time finding work, and was doing whatever he could find...so I'm hoping they don't hold that against us

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Filed on Oct 17,2012 , stage 1 got approved on Dec 13,2012 . currently 13 months wait here.

Does the processing time starts Dec 2012 for me ??

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
shanmba1174 said:
Filed on Oct 17,2012 , stage 1 got approved on Dec 13,2012 . currently 13 months wait here.

Does the processing time starts Dec 2012 for me ??
Yes, from the time it got to your VO (and since Ottawa is in the same country/province, it is more than likely there the same day.)

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
brightredscream said:
Interesting. I kinda had a mini panic attack, because the info we sent for my husband, his income was kinda low because he got laid off and was having a hard time finding work, and was doing whatever he could find...so I'm hoping they don't hold that against us
Hers was/is, too. But they approved her as my sponsor.

Now I'm trying to figure out if we now ALSO have to prove she makes the minimum amount given on the sponsorship chart to support three people. Right now, she doesn't.

Does anybody know, if we've already gotten this far, if we have to now prove she makes a certain amount to satisfy the immigration officer?? Will a full-time job and us staying with her family while I job hunt after landing be good enough? With savings?

aaarrrgghh