+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

FAM_Applicant

Mar 2, 2013
Shylox said:
If it's the same date as the original entry then just put the same date. The form wont let you validate if you have missing info.
I am a bit confused about this question. Should i include any previous visit as her first entry ? She did visit couple of days. About a month later, we both entered canada after honeymoon and she has been staying with me since then.

Also, i wonder if I have to include info about health insurance ?

Thanks

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
FAM_Applicant said:
I am a bit confused about this question. Should i include any previous visit as her first entry ? She did visit couple of days. About a month later, we both entered canada after honeymoon and she has been staying with me since then.

Also, i wonder if I have to include info about health insurance ?

Thanks
Whatever the firs time she entered Canada was, put that in the first entry, then put the most recent entry in the most recent one. The only reason they're asking is because any previous time spent in Canada counts towards the amount of time you have to wait to become a citizen. Someone from CIC explained this to me when I landed recently.

Health insurance info isn't needed but if she has it then it can't hurt to include it. I wouldn't bother going to get it if you don't already plan to. I haven't had health insurance the entire time I've been here until now that I've landed.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shylox said:
Health insurance info isn't needed but if she has it then it can't hurt to include it. I wouldn't bother going to get it if you don't already plan to. I haven't had health insurance the entire time I've been here until now that I've landed.
Spouse/partner applicants are eligible for BC MSP as long as they are living with their spouse and have a PR application in process.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

So technically you could have been covered in BC, Shylox. Fortunately, the matter is now moot.

fmanlunas

Aug 29, 2012
ECAS changed my status to decision made today. :D

Hope this gives everyone more hope as I only got my PPR 6 days ago. Waiting for the mail this week will be an anxious one.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
PPR! Plus ... one of those annoying requests for proof that I (the sponsor) intend to live in Canada, since we live in the US, and a request for passport photos.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
PPR! Plus ... one of those annoying requests for proof that I (the sponsor) intend to live in Canada, since we live in the US, and a request for passport photos.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
And of course they skipped mine :'(

But Congratulations!!!

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
sponsorship approved november 8, 2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
Hi everyone, my status changed February 28th in E-CAS to Decision made. We were not asked for passport or nothing.... Does that mean the COPR could be in the mail? Hopefully it is not bad news...... If COPR is in the mail, how long does it take to receive it? We put in my husband's mailing address as our address in Canada. Is it sent by regular mail? I'm so excited... Tell me this is good news... :-\

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Line said:
Hi everyone, my status changed February 28th in E-CAS to Decision made. We were not asked for passport or nothing.... Does that mean the COPR could be in the mail? Hopefully it is not bad news...... If COPR is in the mail, how long does it take to receive it? We put in my husband's mailing address as our address in Canada. Is it sent by regular mail? I'm so excited... Tell me this is good news... :-\
Remember how Shylox got hers without PPR :)
Be positive, the only one who should worry is me as my application will probably require extensive checks since I'm a naturalized US citizen. :-X

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
You almost gave me a panic attack, but it's all good. I'll be traveling in 15 days and if I don't hear anything until then, I'll be paranoid as I won't be able to check my mail for another 20 days after that :'( :'( :'( :'(

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
lunas said:
Remember how Shylox got hers without PPR :)
Be positive, the only one who should worry is me as my application will probably require extensive checks since I'm a naturalized US citizen. :-X
yes... i am thinking positive. I have also read on here that they don't usually refuse without asking for further infor...... WOW.. I just checked the mail box and nothing yet.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Dont worry Line that is exactly what happened to me. My COPR came a week after ecas says my app was in process. You might have just gotten as lucky as I did. =)

And computergeek I had no idea I could have had insurance this whole time :eek: My wifes insurance goes through her employer so I'm not sure they would still allow it.

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
thanks Shylox. i sure hope so..... We had put my hubby's mailing address as our address here in Canada. Hopefully that is where they will send the COPR.........

Lunas.... good luck and I wish you the best......

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
I'm starting to get antsy! It's only been two weeks since I paid my RPRF, and I know I probably have a couple more months (at least!) to go. This waiting is brutal! We want to get on with the moving plans already! LOL

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Line said:
thanks Shylox. i sure hope so..... We had put my hubby's mailing address as our address here in Canada. Hopefully that is where they will send the COPR.........

Lunas.... good luck and I wish you the best......
I did the same and it came to Canada so don't worry. I know it really really sucks seeing that decision made and not knowing what the decision is but trust me, as long as you had nothing to hide and are a legit couple, you will be fine. I'm glad that I didn't see that my ecas had updated until a day before I got the COPR, it saved me from a week of terror haha

Get ready to celebrate! =D

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
IvanP said:
I've had a bit of time to read the PPR letter, and they've also asked for photos, although we sent photos the first time around. Does this mean they lost our photos (irritating, because they start to get expensive when you have to get 3 sets of them), or they aren't paying attention to what's in our file, or that they rejected the photos? Not sure the answer matters - they want photos, we'll give them photos, lovingly measured to millimetric perfection.

And they want our CSQs - I suppose they couldn't be bothered to match the copies they should have gotten in November from Quebec with our application, but I guess I don't mind making a few more copies of the CSQs.