Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some CPP Ottawa numbers are weird, they process cases with dependent children faster than spouse and partner cases

for example April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012
20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%
Spouses, Partners & Children 3 4 5 7 9
Spouses & Partners 3 4 7 12 12

and for January 1 to December 31

20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%
Spouses, Partners & Children 3 4 5 7 9
Spouses & Partners 3 4 6 10 12

Is not that weird? Compared to other visa offices

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Spouses, Partners & Children is a roll-up group, so it INCLUDES Spouses & Partners.

Thus, what this tells you is that CHILDREN are faster and thus lead to the better results for the roll-up group.

The number of applications in the open data set for Ottawa is also very small, so I'm not sure it is safe to extrapolate from the 31 March numbers to the post-Buffalo-closure world.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Spouses, Partners & Children is a roll-up group, so it INCLUDES Spouses & Partners.

Thus, what this tells you is that CHILDREN are faster and thus lead to the better results for the roll-up group.

The number of applications in the open data set for Ottawa is also very small, so I'm not sure it is safe to extrapolate from the 31 March numbers to the post-Buffalo-closure world.
I think cases with Children are processed faster in this pilot office because mostly children will be a proof of genuine relation but on the other hand If you check other Visa offices it is the opposite! I really don't understand why Ottawa pilot is different than VO.

It is true...we really cann't safely extrapolate

Reactions: Nneoma.muna

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
My point was that applications with JUST children may be faster, and this will skew the overall results.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

computergeek said:
My point was that applications with JUST children may be faster, and this will skew the overall results.
Which is correct. Children, no background, no security, no Police checks, minimal medical, very young children no blood tests no x-rays. Hardest part for young children is getting them to sit still for the passport pictures.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Which is correct. Children, no background, no security, no Police checks, minimal medical, very young children no blood tests no x-rays. Hardest part for young children is getting them to sit still for the passport pictures.
Why this is not the case for other VO? Why the few other VO I found that cases of children take a couple of months more

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anyone interested in making a sheet for CPP-Ottawa?

Guddu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval - August 2nd, 2012
File Transfer...
August 2nd, 2012
has anyone recd any response from ottawa yet ?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guddu said:
has anyone recd any response from ottawa yet ?
If we have a progress sheet we'll know. That is why I thought of the idea. According to CIC agent:

Ottawa processing times are 12month for finishing 80% of applications. CIC agent added unfortunately, this estimate will increase due to closing of VO and other the transfer of files from some VO...etc

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
My file was transferred to Ottawa on July 23rd 2012, on Sept. 14th 2012 I received an e-mail from the CIC CPP-O asking for the RPRF. Tho E-CAS is showing nothing more then it did on July 23rd when it said my application was received. But if they are asking for RPRF then there obviously is someone working my case even if E-CAS isn't saying so. Our sponsorship approval was also from Ottawa and the letter listed Ottawa as my VO, so I dunno what to expect, some people are saying I was transferred to CPP-O and then will be transferred to a VO in the states for finalization others says since CPP-O requested RPRF that they will most likely finish up my process so I'm just sitting and waiting like everyone else LOL but I have heard something since being transferred....

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creampop said:
My file was transferred to Ottawa on July 23rd 2012, on Sept. 14th 2012 I received an e-mail from the CIC CPP-O asking for the RPRF. Tho E-CAS is showing nothing more then it did on July 23rd when it said my application was received. But if they are asking for RPRF then there obviously is someone working my case even if E-CAS isn't saying so. Our sponsorship approval was also from Ottawa and the letter listed Ottawa as my VO, so I dunno what to expect, some people are saying I was transferred to CPP-O and then will be transferred to a VO in the states for finalization others says since CPP-O requested RPRF that they will most likely finish up my process so I'm just sitting and waiting like everyone else LOL but I have heard something since being transferred....
Good for you. I have not heard anything not even a response to my enquiries! My approval came from Missi. and it said transfered to VO. I learned it was transfered to Ottawa by calling CIC.

dino5541

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC IBD(intially)/on confirmation ists Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creampop said:

Guddu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval - August 2nd, 2012
File Transfer...
August 2nd, 2012
MY APPROVAL ALSO CAME FROM MISSISSAUGA N IT SAID TRANSFERRED TO VO BUT THRU CALL CENTRE I FOUND OUT IT WAS IN OTTAWA.. i recd an envelop from ottawa in the same week in which i recd my approval. that envelop contained half of my pics (wedding pics) whch i submitted when i filed my application. don't know why they returned our pics .. any ideas ? since then no news from ottawa.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guddu said:
MY APPROVAL ALSO CAME FROM MISSISSAUGA N IT SAID TRANSFERRED TO VO BUT THRU CALL CENTRE I FOUND OUT IT WAS IN OTTAWA.. i recd an envelop from ottawa in the same week in which i recd my approval. that envelop contained half of my pics (wedding pics) whch i submitted when i filed my application. don't know why they returned our pics .. any ideas ? since then no news from ottawa.
The return of pics is weird!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I would assume they returned them because they had enough? I know this sounds crazy cus we always say the more evidence the better... but my husband and I been together 13 years have 2 kids and I sent only 20 photos, 1 from every year we were together and 7 wedding photos... My husband is they laid back chilled type and me I tend to over do it, so he said don't overkill we sat and decided which 20 to send.