Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hogaishaadi said:
its in the documents/application kit... mentions there that send 20 pics printed in simple format (no borders, fancy etc) ...
would you be more specific? we had many talks here about number of photos. Thanks

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Dr Eng X said:
would you be more specific? we had many talks here about number of photos. Thanks
I think he's talking about the country specific guide. So for the US it would be different than for Islamabad.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
I think he's talking about the country specific guide. So for the US it would be different than for Islamabad.
most probably, I don't remember reading it any where

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
Dr Eng X said:
yea i was answering that to Pakistan only, as in that kit it asks for 20 only...

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Dr Eng X said:
Yes, I just decided to look it up for the Islamabad specific guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33020.PDF) It's on the 5th page stating do not send more than 15 photos. :)

It's strange that your file went to Ottawa though, if you were applying through Islamabad :-\

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
Yes, I just decided to look it up for the Islamabad specific guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33020.PDF) It's on the 5th page stating do not send more than 15 photos. :)

It's strange that your file went to Ottawa though, if you were applying through Islamabad :-\
I did not know Ottawa handles Islamabad cases as well!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Yet again just another way that CIC is trying to confuse us all!! I really hate that the forms just say at the bottom pretty much any other proof that you think will show your relationship is genuine and ongoing add it here.... What exactly are they looking for?! Do they really care more about photo's of our wedding 6 years ago or do they want a photo of my husband washing the dishes or of the box of cereal that my kids just dumped in my living room as real proof?! Because that is our real life and yep it can be boring and average but we like it and we aren't trying to doup the government we just want to be able to all be legal in the same country and move forward with our lives in Canada...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
One of the pictures we submitted that I liked best is our dog sleeping in my spouse's lap; I matched it up with a picture of the dog as a small puppy in my hands, five years earlier. My sense was that this is the type of picture one cannot easily "fake". We only submitted about 16 pictures total.

Apparently it worked, since I've been told (on the phone) by a CIC visa officer that the officer in Ottawa had concluded we had a genuine relationship - a real relief to me given that there's a substantial age difference and my prior refusal as red flags.

I don't think quantity is what matters. It's the story the pictures tell that matters.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
Yet again just another way that CIC is trying to confuse us all!! I really hate that the forms just say at the bottom pretty much any other proof that you think will show your relationship is genuine and ongoing add it here.... What exactly are they looking for?! Do they really care more about photo's of our wedding 6 years ago or do they want a photo of my husband washing the dishes or of the box of cereal that my kids just dumped in my living room as real proof?! Because that is our real life and yep it can be boring and average but we like it and we aren't trying to doup the government we just want to be able to all be legal in the same country and move forward with our lives in Canada...
Agree, very confusing and inconsistent, I do believe it is enough that "we"- the sponsors- signed an agreement,...I always thought you can't accuse a person or consider the applicants guilty and it is our responsibilty to prove otherwise
Besides they already have loads of application...all this is causing is further delays :(

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
Agree, very confusing and inconsistent, I do believe it is enough that "we"- the sponsors- signed an agreement,...I always thought you can't accuse a person or consider the applicants guilty and it is our responsibilty to prove otherwise
Besides they already have loads of application...all this is causing is further delays :(
I completely agree... If I, a Canadian citizen, am willing to sign an agreement then why doesn't CIC look to see if they see any red flags and then request extra instead of acting like we are all guilty and needing to prove our innocence and that our relationship is real. It isn't a crime to fall in love with someone that isn't Canadian so stop treating us like we are criminals until we provide them enough evidence of innocence. If you can treat a real criminal that has been caught in an illegal act as "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" then why aren't we given the same respect?!

Nathan390

Mar 14, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-June-2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
Does anyone know if there is a spread sheet for Ottawa app's on here if so does anyone have the link?

Thanks in advance. :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I completely agree... If I, a Canadian citizen, am willing to sign an agreement then why doesn't CIC look to see if they see any red flags and then request extra instead of acting like we are all guilty and needing to prove our innocence and that our relationship is real. It isn't a crime to fall in love with someone that isn't Canadian so stop treating us like we are criminals until we provide them enough evidence of innocence. If you can treat a real criminal that has been caught in an illegal act as "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" then why aren't we given the same respect?!
I have been saying this for ages....

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nathan390 said:
Does anyone know if there is a spread sheet for Ottawa app's on here if so does anyone have the link?

Thanks in advance. :)
I suggest we make our own...there is not as far as I know

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Dr Eng X said:
I have been saying this for ages....
It's probably an extra layer that they can point to to account for delays. They probably make the entire process unnecessarily complicated in order to mask their ridiculous inefficiencies. The lack of communication regarding all of this is the most frustrating thing. You're meant to just sit around and wait, and when they feel like it, they'll let you be with the person you love and miss the most in the world. I know they don't see any of it this way, and as a bureaucratic organization they cannot, but the slightest bit of compassion (in the form of communication) would be welcome.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
I thought we were the only ones being processed in Ottawa for Step 2!!! This is sooooo depressing!!! almost a month since we went into processs UGHHHHHHHH!!!! So frustrated!