AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
Thank you, Annie. I sent an email, but am slightly concerned because I didn't get an auto confirmation like last time. Erg.
Guess we'll see.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Very very few people get AORs from Ottawa, if you take a look at the spreadsheet for Ottawa(link in my signature) you can see the data to confirm this for you =)

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
Ok. I'll take a look..thanks. :)
We're American/Canadian, btw. I'm the American.
I wish there were any patterns or apparent methods to CIC's madness.

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
spacedog30 said:
Did anyone ever receive any notification from Ottawa that they actually have your file? They initially received ours on Sept. 4, and we received a notification email and an email saying my spouse was approved as my sponsor within a 24-hour period on October 14 and 15.
I know ecas is not the best source of data, but it still has only "application received" with that original Sept. date. The only other thing it says is "medicals received."
Mine doesn't even say "medicals received". I sent mine in several months before my actual application due to a delay in obtaining some paperwork. I hope they arrived!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
It's important to also remember that ecas is nowhere near reliable in any way, it's a resource for us but most times it doesn't provide much information. Some people go through the whole process without it ever changing from application received. I wouldn't worry much about it if yours doesn't have the most up to date info.

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
Hey everyone,

I know that CPP-Ottawa is handling applications from US, Cairo, Istanbul, Islamabad i guess so is the process time is 12 months for all or what and do they work on all applications at the same time depending on the application recieved date or it varies from country to another ?? i took a look at the spreadsheet but i think its mostly applications from US specially Buffalo i guess i dunno if im correct

Thanks in advance.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Mohaab said:
Hey everyone,

I know that CPP-Ottawa is handling applications from US, Cairo, Istanbul, Islamabad i guess so is the process time is 12 months for all or what and do they work on all applications at the same time depending on the application recieved date or it varies from country to another ?? i took a look at the spreadsheet but i think its mostly applications from US specially Buffalo i guess i dunno if im correct

Thanks in advance.
Buffalo was the VO for the US before it closed down, now Ottawa has the applications that are leftover, as well as all NEW US applications that are coming in. You're correct, they do also take care of some of the applications from other countries, but from what I've been told by a pro member here, they still keep the processing time meant for the original VO even though it has been transferred to Ottawa. This seems odd and unfair to me, but honestly, what IS fair about CIC? ::)

A note about the spreadsheet: The column titled Legacy VO will tell you what VO the application came from, if it was transferred there from another place. If that space is blank then the file is most likely a US applicant who's file belongs there by default.

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
Thx Shylox for replying but i have another question tho if u dont mind, is CPP office now able to finalize the whole process or it has to transfer the application to the local visa office for final steps ? im from egypt and my application was recieved on june 5th and we got sponsorship approval on august 3rd and we didnt hear anything since. the approval email stated that my application was transferred to CPP-Ottawa.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Mohaab said:
Thx Shylox for replying but i have another question tho if u dont mind, is CPP office now able to finalize the whole process or it has to transfer the application to the local visa office for final steps ? im from egypt and my application was recieved on june 5th and we got sponsorship approval on august 3rd and we didnt hear anything since. the approval email stated that my application was transferred to CPP-Ottawa.
Yes, Ottawa recently has been able to complete the process by issuing COPRs themselves rather than having to send off the files to another VO to do this part. But, this is assuming that you don't require an interview, if they need to schedule one for you then chances are your file will be transferred to your countries office. Your processing time is 14 months(according to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp ), if you're application was transferred to Ottawa on or around August 3rd then I wouldn't be concerned at all that you haven't heard anything yet, you're only about halfway through. Don't worry, you'll hear something soon. 14 months is definitely a long time and I hope that you hear something back before that time is up =)

If you want, you can try ordering your GCMS notes to see if they have possibly opened up your file already and see what's going on with it. At the very least you'll know for sure if they have your application and if they have opened it up. My file was transferred in October and I'm thinking about ordering mine to see if there's been any activity.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
Shylox said:
If you want, you can try ordering your GCMS notes to see if they have possibly opened up your file already and see what's going on with it. At the very least you'll know for sure if they have your application and if they have opened it up. My file was transferred in October and I'm thinking about ordering mine to see if there's been any activity.
Funny thing about the notes... Mine came after my ppr, and although ecas says decision made, nothing has been done on my application. Maybe ordered the wring thing.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Landed 1/10/13
Applied first 4/24/12
PPR 10/19/12, with an additional request for official FBI background check. I had originally submitted a clearance obtained via channeler, but CIC deemed that not official enough. Took 6-7 weeks to get the FBI check, so I sent them and my passport copies to Ottawa sometime around 12/1/12.
Received COPR 1/2/13
Landed 1/10/13

Biggest hiccup in the landing process was importing my truck. I had been in Canada from 2/12 until I landed. I had flown out of the country a few times, but never took my truck. In case anybody on this site is in a similar situation, here is what followed:

I submitted the VIN and info to the export office via email toLewiston, NY, on 1/3/13 as per the instructions on the CBA website. They replied with a confirmation email saying I could export the truck anytime on or after 1/7/13. I drove the truck down on 1/8 and went to the office. They asked me where the truck was coming from. I said I had driven it down from Hamilton Ontario. She informed me that the truck had to be PHYSICALLY PRESENT in the US for the 72 hours prior to exporting.

Had to turn around, pass back through Canadian border without landing, and drive back. Had my wife drive her car down the next day, and I drove my truck to the Niagara Falls airport and parked it. We took her car back, resubmitted the VIN and drove back down 3 days later in her car. I picked up my truck, exported it, and then landed through and imported the truck. All in all, I was at the borders a combined time of ~1 hour.

The US CBA just put a stamp on my title, something they totally could have done the first time around. So for any of you who are staying in Canada as a visitor, plan accordingly. I only had a 1hr drive to the border, so it wasn't a huge deal, but for those of you who are journeying from deeper into Ontario to export/import/land should plan for this. When you pass through the US border, stop at the export office and explain your situation. The guy I talked to let me export after only 48 hours (I passed into the US on a Wednesday, and he let me export on a Friday) because I told him every day I was parked it cost me 10$. If you are coming from far away, it might be more cost effective to see if you can get out in 48 hours and just get a hotel room for a few nights.

Anyways, I'm landed now, and I start my job tomorrow. All in all, my process went fairly smoothly, with the exception of the OFFFICAL FBI clearance report and the exporting/importing of the vehicle. Ottawa seemed to move fairly quick, as I am quite sure I leapfrogged some people who submitted in Feb/March and got sent to LA. I would have been landed by mid November if it hadn't been for the stupid FBI clearances.

On a note about the clearances: when I submitted, the FBI was claiming 14 weeks to get a clearance, while the channeler got me mie in ~4 business days. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten them from the channeler to submit a complete package, and then after ~2 months applied for the official version and had that to send to Ottawa to pre-empt them requesting it from me.

This forum was a big help, and although I didn't visit much in the past 2 months because I knew I was close to finishing, it provided a lot of comfort and resources in the dog days of waiting.

Good luck to all!

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Wow! That's pretty fast! Congrats! (We're from the same neck of the woods)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
apstone said:
Landed 1/10/13
Applied first 4/24/12
PPR 10/19/12, with an additional request for official FBI background check. I had originally submitted a clearance obtained via channeler, but CIC deemed that not official enough. Took 6-7 weeks to get the FBI check, so I sent them and my passport copies to Ottawa sometime around 12/1/12.
Received COPR 1/2/13
Landed 1/10/13

Biggest hiccup in the landing process was importing my truck. I had been in Canada from 2/12 until I landed. I had flown out of the country a few times, but never took my truck. In case anybody on this site is in a similar situation, here is what followed:

I submitted the VIN and info to the export office via email toLewiston, NY, on 1/3/13 as per the instructions on the CBA website. They replied with a confirmation email saying I could export the truck anytime on or after 1/7/13. I drove the truck down on 1/8 and went to the office. They asked me where the truck was coming from. I said I had driven it down from Hamilton Ontario. She informed me that the truck had to be PHYSICALLY PRESENT in the US for the 72 hours prior to exporting.

Had to turn around, pass back through Canadian border without landing, and drive back. Had my wife drive her car down the next day, and I drove my truck to the Niagara Falls airport and parked it. We took her car back, resubmitted the VIN and drove back down 3 days later in her car. I picked up my truck, exported it, and then landed through and imported the truck. All in all, I was at the borders a combined time of ~1 hour.

The US CBA just put a stamp on my title, something they totally could have done the first time around. So for any of you who are staying in Canada as a visitor, plan accordingly. I only had a 1hr drive to the border, so it wasn't a huge deal, but for those of you who are journeying from deeper into Ontario to export/import/land should plan for this. When you pass through the US border, stop at the export office and explain your situation. The guy I talked to let me export after only 48 hours (I passed into the US on a Wednesday, and he let me export on a Friday) because I told him every day I was parked it cost me 10$. If you are coming from far away, it might be more cost effective to see if you can get out in 48 hours and just get a hotel room for a few nights.

Anyways, I'm landed now, and I start my job tomorrow. All in all, my process went fairly smoothly, with the exception of the OFFFICAL FBI clearance report and the exporting/importing of the vehicle. Ottawa seemed to move fairly quick, as I am quite sure I leapfrogged some people who submitted in Feb/March and got sent to LA. I would have been landed by mid November if it hadn't been for the stupid FBI clearances.

On a note about the clearances: when I submitted, the FBI was claiming 14 weeks to get a clearance, while the channeler got me mie in ~4 business days. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten them from the channeler to submit a complete package, and then after ~2 months applied for the official version and had that to send to Ottawa to pre-empt them requesting it from me.

This forum was a big help, and although I didn't visit much in the past 2 months because I knew I was close to finishing, it provided a lot of comfort and resources in the dog days of waiting.

Good luck to all!
Different bridges have different requirements. The one we're going to import from is the same one hubby landed on. They just need him to have the title on hand and be driving the car. That's all they require (This is Ogdensburg/Prescott bridge, aka A VERY SMALL BRIDGE haha). Whereas 1000 Islands Bridge requires the title a week before hand. It's annoying. Hubby asked about the 48 hour thing, she looked VERY confused and was like "uh no, just make sure it's in your name..." So it varies from bridge to bridge. To all who are going to import it, rule of thumb: CALL THE BRIDGE AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY REQUIRE

Congrats on landing and importing! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mohaab said:
For other countries the timeline is the same as that other country. Ottawa is only primary for the United States and Canada.

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
IslandAnnie said:
I have not heard of anyone getting an AOR from Ottawa saying the file has been received there....they just don't seem to ever do acknowledgements from Ottawa. So you are not alone.
I didn't get an acknowledgment letter from them either. Three only reason I know it was transferred is because my GCMS notes and the call center in Canada said it was.