Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
\
That is so true!! I mean the medical should be a simple one line thing... they get the letter from the Dr that there isn't any issues... not like that would take a long time... if there is an issue you find out from the Dr not CIC and same for CIC.. if there is an issue it is pretty simple to see negative or positive for TB!
oh and have am I the only one that wishes there was a "like" option for posts... cauz I totally "like" your last one X! :)
There is a "like" post option which is called good under rating

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I see this forum as a way for us to connect and ask and help answer each others questions, for sure! But I also see this forum as a way for us to connect together as fellow sponsors and applicants so we can unite and make our voices heard once we are all settled in Canada( I have said that I will take a stand once we are all safely there in past posts). All of us coming up with ways that could improve the process and discussing it together I think is much more beneficial to our cause then just saying that I'm going to call my MP. Sometimes I just need to know that I'm not the only one that thinks this whole thing is messed up and that I can't be the only person that is smart enough to see ways that it can be fixed and streamlined! All of us brainstorming together during this long and arduous process has got to be better then me just pulling out my hair so that is what I try to do here. If some day I really am able to take a stand or heaven forbid if I'm ever crazy enough to add running for government to my full plate then I think it is way better to have solutions already then just show up and when questioned sit there with my mouth hung open with nothing coming out! And who better to help form solutions then those of us that have had to live through this old broken system? I'm all for knowing when to hold em' and when to show em' and your right I'm not out marching parliament until I know we are all safe in Canada but we are all frustrated with this process and continually being told by others that it could be worse or wait till we are past the 80% time frame just drives me even more nuts! It is like when people would tell me that I would have my baby when he was ready(I went 11 days and 10 days past due with our first two babies before I was induced both times) made me want to spit on them!! Even more if they had their babies on or before their due dates!... I feel that way about people that were processed super fast or are already done and their application was sent in after mine... So instead I try to come up a way to deal with who is really at fault for this issue and that's CIC!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I really do not understand!
Why are some people justifying? For the life of me, I could not understand how the government came back after last elections with its dark history.
Now I do because we have some people who are willing to put up with their abuse. It is like those domestic abusive situations but in this case it is the government abusing its people

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
100% agreed.

While this is true, you also might want to take your husband into consideration. Here's the thing, the government has power to do whatever the hell they please. While it's not a good thing, having a husband as an immigrant put a lot in perspective for me. If I were to backlash at the government about immigration, they can (and I'm sure they WILL) take my husband out of the country. They will find a loophole somewhere, somehow. Harper is exactly that kind of person. It's sad, but until my husband is a CITIZEN, I will not be making waves with immigration. Once he IS a citizen, then I will be hellbent.
very very sorry to hear that and very very sorry to see a government with such powers that did not find people to confront their abuse.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I see this forum as a way for us to connect and ask and help answer each others questions, for sure! But I also see this forum as a way for us to connect together as fellow sponsors and applicants so we can unite and make our voices heard once we are all settled in Canada( I have said that I will take a stand once we are all safely there in past posts). All of us coming up with ways that could improve the process and discussing it together I think is much more beneficial to our cause then just saying that I'm going to call my MP. Sometimes I just need to know that I'm not the only one that thinks this whole thing is messed up and that I can't be the only person that is smart enough to see ways that it can be fixed and streamlined! All of us brainstorming together during this long and arduous process has got to be better then me just pulling out my hair so that is what I try to do here. If some day I really am able to take a stand or heaven forbid if I'm ever crazy enough to add running for government to my full plate then I think it is way better to have solutions already then just show up and when questioned sit there with my mouth hung open with nothing coming out! And who better to help form solutions then those of us that have had to live through this old broken system? I'm all for knowing when to hold em' and when to show em' and your right I'm not out marching parliament until I know we are all safe in Canada but we are all frustrated with this process and continually being told by others that it could be worse or wait till we are past the 80% time frame just drives me even more nuts! It is like when people would tell me that I would have my baby when he was ready(I went 11 days and 10 days past due with our first two babies before I was induced both times) made me want to spit on them!! Even more if they had their babies on or before their due dates!... I feel that way about people that were processed super fast or are already done and their application was sent in after mine... So instead I try to come up a way to deal with who is really at fault for this issue and that's CIC!
gave you + on this post

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Well what you see as justifying, I see as understanding there is a process, one I can't change all I can do is go with the flow and in the end achieve my goal... being able to be with my family legally. I don't care how long it took or how much it cost that is my goal and what I hope to obtain from this process... you said lets talk real... seriously you think in 3 years when we go to apply for citizenship any of us will be worrying about rising up and conquering the immigration government? I plan on being happy living life here in Canada, of course, if my vote would matter to fix something and make it better I won't hesitate but I still ain't going to storm parliament, you don't think if I made enough ripples they wouldn't have my citizenship revoked? all they would have to say is I lied on my application and poof I'm gone...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no further comments, it is enough that I am frustrated with CIC

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I think it is always interesting to see the way that there is a different opinion between those of us that are the Canadian citizen and those that are the foreign applicant. I understand just wanting to be able to be legal as a family in one country... trust me! It might be because I was young and naive but I always did feel like Canada was the best country in the world(and I mean that in the least arrogant way possible) When my husband and I talked about where we wanted to raise our children and what kind of values we wanted them to have and be around we always knew that we wanted that to be in Canada. Dealing with CIC and seeing how things have been going with the current government I'm sad to say that I am more and more disheartened by how our government works. I can't talk for everyone on here but I, myself, feel almost betrayed by this broken system. I had never felt like a second class citizen by my own country until now and to me that is the true downfall of this process.

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
There's an awful lot of government bashing going on here, and frankly, it's uncalled for. Immigration policy is much bigger than any one political party. Every sitting government over the past 30 - 40 years has wrestled with striking a balance between what's good for Canada and what's good for individuals. As Creampop has repeatedly said, there's a process, and that process is in place to endeavour to protect the Canadian taxpayer from those who seek to abuse us.

Like the rest of you, I'm impatient, I want my wife's application processed as soon as possible, I want it over and done with, but I also want my government to do due diligence in weeding out fraudsters. At this point in time, it is what it is, all the ranting and railing will do nothing to remedy anyone's angst, but serves to cause division and hard feelings when politics are brought into the mix.

Truth is, if folk on this board think the Canadian government is so corrupt or inept, they can always exercise their option of immigrating to their spouse's country and see how that works out for them. In all likelihood, they'd be met with similar or worse difficulties.

To those who say they're going to fight the system at some future date, well, you go for it, but I suspect when all's said and done, you'll just be glad to have it over with and will be desirous of just getting on with your life.

It's a stressful time for everyone involved in this process, we're all in the same boat. Hopefully the waters won't get any rougher. ;)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
no further comments, it is enough that I am frustrated with CIC
Sorry ur thread got so heated :eek: We are ALL frustrated with CIC

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes the government is incompetent, corrupt, ... and it is not undeserved bash
unfortunately, it is because of people like you we have them re-elected again
stop justifying the wrong practices
don't tell me it is justice to see my neighbor and his girlfriend who has never had a job and lives, eats, drinks, does marijuana with my tax money ...and he is not immigrant...the government is protecting us!!! ::)
I can go on and on but that is my last comment
again no further comments, and it is not because we can't argue but because it is pointless to argue... if you have just read what I wrote before you won't say this

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Did anybody post a link to the Ottawa spreadsheet yet here?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunas said:
Did anybody post a link to the Ottawa spreadsheet yet here?
there is not a spreadsheet as far as I know

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
yes the government is incompetent, corrupt, ... and it is not undeserved bash
unfortunately, it is because of people like you we have them re-elected again
Your right it is pointless, I was the bigger person and apologized even tho I didn't and still don't feel I am in the wrong for feeling how I feel, just as you feel the way you do. If you didn't want anything else said you should have left it at the apology. as for your neighbor, you could do something about it, call your local immigration office, they will come, I had a neighbor call on me cus I babysat the other neighbors kid but wouldn't watch hers I was sent home for working on a visitors visa, and I never got paid to watch her daughter. it was one time overnight. So who was that protecting? surely not my Canadian Citizen children who had to watch their mother taken away...

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Ottawa is going to be a slow process i believe.....